RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 01-06-15, 03:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

The 3rd gen RX Tire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-21, 06:13 AM
BenRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ColAngus
Terrific. What was a $40 problem became a $600 problem. Where do I sign?
Without a spare tire, in that situation, the run-flat was priceless. If the vehicle was equipped with a spare, then non-run-flats make sense.
Old 07-16-21, 08:26 PM
park10
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am looking for any experience/ feedback on Goodyear Assurance ComfortRide for 2015 RX 350 with 18 inch wheels. Mine has a horrible harsh stiff noisy ride. The stock Dunlop are Bad. I was almost ready to go with Michelin Premier LTX and stumbled upon Assurance ComfortRide information. The tire is new, so not a lot of reviews yet. Anyone has any experience on these ? Ride comfort and quietness are my only concern. No regard to snow handling or long tread life etc. Many thanks. appreciate any feedback.
Old 07-26-21, 10:46 AM
MacCat
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New tires on my 2015

Previously, I have been very pleased with my Continental tires - great performance, quiet ride, great in heavy rain.
I'm in central Texas, so I don't worry much about off-road or snow conditions, but I do have to park the cars out doors (in the sun).
I usually buy softer tires that are rated for 40,000 miles because they are more forgiving and quieter.

My latest tires are from COSTCO. I prefer them primarily because they are the only tire dealer that will use nitrogen in the tires.
I insist on nitrogen because I've always used it in aircraft tires - it has no moisture, so it doesn't leak or go soft in cold weather.
This car came with Bridgestone from the Lexus dealer. Our Lexus dealer offered me 7 tire options at very similar prices to NTW and Firestone (roughly $200/ea).
  1. What tire brand/model did you get? Bridgestone - Encore (70,000 mile tire)
  2. Tire size? 235 / 60R18
  3. Price paid and place of purchase? $825 total (with new valves stem/sensors) - COSTCO
  4. What tire did they replace and mileage? All 4 at 65,000
  5. Other tires considered (if applicable)? Micheline Latitude or BF Goodrich - Advantage
  6. What do you like most/least about your new tires? Quiet
  7. Updates? - great tires. Did a bunch of 300 mile cross-country trips though the summer and in rain. These tires were great performers and very quiet. (11/2021)

* Consumer Reports now has an interactive tire report. You enter your car/truck make/model/year to get a more specific report. They said the suggested retail price on the tire I bought was $113 each. COSTCO prices them out with installation, so it was a hard to figure out exactly what the tire alone cost me. I'm estimating it was around $125, plus $30 for the tire stems, and I think they said installation was $179 ($45/ea). Sales tax here is about 8 1/2 %.

Last edited by MacCat; 11-22-21 at 12:33 PM. Reason: update
The following users liked this post:
AnthonyQ (06-01-24)
Old 07-26-21, 12:14 PM
MacCat
Rookie

Originally Posted by Trianon
On my RX350, 2015, I have OE Dunlop Grandtrek Touring. I have 60 000 km on them and want to replace with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2.
These tires have very good rating on Tire Rack, but I would like to hear from the owners who have them on Lexus RX350.

I bought some Pirelli Scorpions (high speed rated) which were good tires for my AWD XC-70 Volvo, but they wore out on the edges much faster than they were supposed to. I considered making a warrantee claim, but I didn't want them on my car again. I think they lasted 2 years and only 20,000 miles. I did so a lot of driving on twisted mountain roads in Arkansas at the time. Many of the mountain roads are in horrible condition. But, one day we had ice and these tires didn't grip at all. Hope your experience is better!

Last edited by MacCat; 07-26-21 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-26-21, 12:28 PM
MacCat
Rookie

Originally Posted by aviatorash View Post (2016)
Hi Guys - I have 2013 RX 350 F-Sport. I am looking to add Bridgestone Ecopia from Costco ...

Total + tax + installation = $934.

Is this a good price? Is this a good tire?

Consumer Reports found similar results - not great for ice.
Very Good for low ride comfort, rolling resistance, noise, snow traction and dry braking.
Good for handling, wet braking, and hydroplaning.

Quietness is a big selling point for me - I hate road noise and that's one of the best features of a Lexus car.
Old 07-30-21, 03:49 PM
kanke
Driver School Candidate

Default Is this a good deal for tire?

2015 RX350. The tire trend is down to about 4/32. My local discount tire suggested Michelin Defender LTX M/S for $201, adding $32.5 for certificate(Certificate for Repair, Refund or Replacement) and other fees, and there is a promotion of $110 when purchase 4 tires. End of total including tax of $993.70. Is this a good deal? If not could you suggest a good alternative? Thanks!
Old 07-31-21, 04:18 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 327 Posts

Ask your Discount Tire store for a quote on the General Altimax RT43 tire (General is a subsidiary of Continental Tire). Great all-around tire for these medium-sized car-based SUVs. I have a set on my 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R and they have been superb. When my wife's 2015 RX350's mediocre Kumho Eco Solus KL21 tires need to be replaced, it will get a new set of the Generals.
kanke (07-31-21)
Old 07-31-21, 10:57 AM
gpb127
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You might consider Continental Crosscontact LX25 tires which I find to be excellent.
The following 2 users liked this post by gpb127:
cookie4u (08-02-21), kanke (07-31-21)
Old 08-02-21, 04:38 PM
cookie4u
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking at the General Altimax RT43 and my tire guy pushed me to the Continental Crosscontacts. He said for the extra $10 per tire, in his opinion it would be well worth it for a vehicle like the RX350. So far I have been pleased.

I will be getting the General Altimax RT43's for my 06 Highlander in the fall of 2022.
kanke (08-03-21)
Old 08-04-21, 04:36 AM
JRRX
Driver School Candidate

Hi there Guys,

I'm new to Lexus, should be getting a used 3rd Gen RX 350 in 2 weeks or so, I would appreciate some advice pertaining wheel profiles 235/55/19.
Where I come from this tire profile wheels are not very popular thus they are limited and rather pricey, I am tempted to change them a notch down to 18 inches.
would this change have adverse effects? Is there anyone here done this before your feedback would be most helpful.
Thanks a bunch in advance guys.
ajs8 (10-31-23)
Old 08-04-21, 06:41 PM
BrakeGoBrr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRRX
Hi there Guys,

I'm new to Lexus, should be getting a used 3rd Gen RX 350 in 2 weeks or so, I would appreciate some advice pertaining wheel profiles 235/55/19.
Where I come from this tire profile wheels are not very popular thus they are limited and rather pricey, I am tempted to change them a notch down to 18 inches.
would this change have adverse effects? Is there anyone here done this before your feedback would be most helpful.
Thanks a bunch in advance guys.
Hello!

i actually went the other way: 18 -> 19, so I opinions will be reversed. I upsized because I like the way the 19 looks - 18 inch just looks a bit too bland to my eyes. But with the 18 to 19, there is a bit more noise, but nothing that makes me regret my decision. The car handles a bit stiffer (? If thats the right word to use here) and I personally like it. The RX with 18 inch rims felt a bit too disconnected. I suppose that is because I feel the road more due to less sidewall. Pretty sure gas mileage took a slight hit, but thats very negligible since I drive in MD/DC, so gas mileage is already unstable.

I hope this helped! A bit of a bummer, I suppose, having limited choice for tires in the 19 inch profile. The 19 inch rims do look really beautiful!
Old 08-04-21, 08:38 PM
JRRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BrakeGoBrr
Hello!

i actually went the other way: 18 -> 19, so I opinions will be reversed. I upsized because I like the way the 19 looks - 18 inch just looks a bit too bland to my eyes. But with the 18 to 19, there is a bit more noise, but nothing that makes me regret my decision. The car handles a bit stiffer (? If thats the right word to use here) and I personally like it. The RX with 18 inch rims felt a bit too disconnected. I suppose that is because I feel the road more due to less sidewall. Pretty sure gas mileage took a slight hit, but thats very negligible since I drive in MD/DC, so gas mileage is already unstable.

I hope this helped! A bit of a bummer, I suppose, having limited choice for tires in the 19 inch profile. The 19 inch rims do look really beautiful!
Hey, Thanks for the feedback, I totally agree that 19 inches really looks swell on the RX, unfortunately in my case this particular tire profile (235/55/19) it is just annoyingly limited only a few brands carry them here, and so you either get extremely expensive one or cheap ones of questionable quality. Perhaps a different profile might help not all 19's are pricey over here.it varies from profiles the question is which alternative profile would be both safest and efficient ?

What are you tire profiles?

Many thanks
Old 08-09-21, 12:23 PM
sunnyside
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just had my Michelin LTX Premiers rotated at Costco. They currently have nearly 50,000 on them and are still ok. I guess I just don't drive the car that hard. I was going to look at the Crossclimate 2s and will probably go with them when these wear out. Plans are to keep the 2014 RX 350 till it wears out. At 84,000 miles it is still like new. I hope someone comes up with a module to replace the 3G Enform module in the car. My wife uses the destination assist all the time and it will cease to work as of fall 2022.
Old 09-13-21, 01:28 AM
DweN
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Size recommendation

Hi all,

I'm looking for the replacement for my tires and I need some recommendations on tire size.
Now I have Nexen NFera RU1 255/55/19 and I never had an issue in wet and dry conditions.
Now I'm choosing Michelin Pilot Sport 4 but can't decide on what size to choose. OEM or the one I have now. I am tempting to go for the OEM size but also thinking wider size might be better for our roads as it's not that good in here. Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-21, 02:10 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,160 Likes on 990 Posts

255/50/19 size is the same diameter as the stock 235/55/19. I have them on my RX.
You stated you now have 255/55/19 unless that was a typo. That size is about an inch larger in diameter than stock.
I think you should stay with the stock size or the 255/50/19.

Quick Reply: The 3rd gen RX Tire Thread