RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

HELP! Im in love.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-13, 11:17 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default HELP! Im in love.....

......with the colour of my car! I went out this morning, and was greeted by this! Love the Starfire pearl paint . Mind you, the car is so filthy and the paint still looks gooood!

Half an hour later:

There are so many different shades to this colour! Lexus sure knows how to make paint.
Old 03-10-13, 07:00 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I tried hard to find one in SFP but there were none in my area in the combination I wanted plus I was buying used so that made it harder and I had to stick under my budget. I settled for Obsidian on ebony and now I will never buy black again. Shows everything. Love my ebony interior but the exterior never stays clean for more then half a day.
Old 03-11-13, 01:18 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Starfire Pearl can be really beautiful in the right light ... I really like it on my car also. It always looks clean ... even when it isn't. It is the easiest color to maintain I have ever owned.
Old 03-11-13, 10:29 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

I agree about the maintenance, its much easier than black. However the tar spots are really annoying!! I love black though, nothing beats black for deep, wet shine, hence, just ordered the new IS300h F Sport in black! not for me, for the wifey!!
Old 03-11-13, 12:15 PM
Lexspeed
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Yes, that is indeed a beautiful looking color. One of the best.
Old 03-11-13, 01:35 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Worries me to park it next to anyone though. Im sure this paint is damn near impossible to work with if theres a scratch or something. I can count atleast 5 types of flakes in it :O
Old 03-11-13, 03:20 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
I agree about the maintenance, its much easier than black. However the tar spots are really annoying!! I love black though, nothing beats black for deep, wet shine, hence, just ordered the new IS300h F Sport in black! not for me, for the wifey!!
Rayaans, congrats on the IS300h and agree on the black when in perfect condition! In N. America, it's not available and I would trade up to it immediately from my CT for it, but not the 250/350 non-hybrid version. I enjoy the 50 US mpg (60 imp mpg) with my CT and I can't drop that to half for my daily commute - would be too $.

It's a nice feeling to own and have two Lexus vehicles in the driveway! Please post pics of the duo when you have a chance!
Old 03-11-13, 03:38 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Rayaans, congrats on the IS300h and agree on the black when in perfect condition! In N. America, it's not available and I would trade up to it immediately from my CT for it, but not the 250/350 non-hybrid version. I enjoy the 50 US mpg (60 imp mpg) with my CT and I can't drop that to half for my daily commute - would be too $.

It's a nice feeling to own and have two Lexus vehicles in the driveway! Please post pics of the duo when you have a chance!
Well honestly, the brochure over here has the paint colours in but I rather fancy the bright blue but my mrs says not so i put down a deposit and told the dealer who said it was fine as itd take a good few months for the car to come anyhow. Now to persuade the wife.......
Old 04-06-13, 08:34 PM
Bgibson30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree! It's so beautiful! Especially in the sunlight! Just got mine yesterday and I can't stop looking at it! I wanted star fire pearl with grey interior. It had to be ordered. I was told that its not a popular color combo but I live it' and have gotten tons of compliments on how great it looks together.
Attached Thumbnails HELP! Im in love.....-image.jpg  
Old 04-07-13, 04:33 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Agree, with Bgibson30 and rayaans on the Star Fire Pearl looking its best in bright "star fire" sunlight. I believe Lexus is strategic in their paint color names since I find my Nebula Gray Pearl F-Sport looks best in "nebulous and gray" cloudy conditions.

Oh and by the way Bgibson30, noticed in another thread you just picked up your RX. Congratulations on buying the most reliable and highest quality vehicles in the world (not to mention one of the best looking).

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-07-13 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-07-13, 06:30 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

sad day today, had to withdraw from the IS300h buy Shes spending the money on buying her new workplace! OMG!
Old 04-07-13, 10:41 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by rayaans
sad day today, had to withdraw from the IS300h buy Shes spending the money on buying her new workplace! OMG!
Well hopefully the investment works out great for you both such that you can get the ISh at a later date.
Old 04-07-13, 05:29 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Well the last few years have been really hectic. New house, new car so we decided we would work on the business side of things and hopefully get the IS300h later on. Probably better to take a look at it before hand anyway, the sonic titanium looks interesting and the Merc, even though its got 69k miles on the clock will be back to new after I get the carbon build up sorted and detail it. Im really into detailing
Old 04-07-13, 06:01 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrat on new house, and new car. Those arent easy status to have
Old 04-08-13, 08:37 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! Although it was not too long ago that I was driving a little ford!

Quick Reply: HELP! Im in love.....