RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Mark Levinson sound in many 3rd gen RX models?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-13 | 06:42 PM
Pmuppet
Driver School Candidate

Default Mark Levinson sound in many 3rd gen RX models?

Hello,
I have been searching for a ML equipped Lexus in a 2010 RX (am indifferent on the 350 model vs the 450). It just comes down to availability and price.

I am surprised to see that I am having difficulty finding ANY ML sound systems. From my research, it appears the up charge for this feature was quite expensive and I suspect that most of the leased cars (which generally are the cars I am seeing) didn't pay for this upgrade. I saw someone post the lease premium for ML was $4k.

Initially, I was happy as a buyer cause that indicated that Lexus sees the ML option to have little resale value. That was till I couldn't a ML on the market.

Basically, was this a feature that was barely purchased (and therefore, I should just forget about finding a resale Mark Levinson system). Or am I completely wrong and just looking at he wrong sites and dealers.

Thank!
Old 03-15-13 | 09:13 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...tBy=mileageASC

Just go to autotrader and go to expanded search options, then go to keywords and type in mark levinson and you should be able to find some. It is a rare option on RX's...
Old 03-15-13 | 09:22 PM
ecr72
Driver

With the price of the ML system so high back then, I suspect most were paired with the Luxury package unless special ordered. In my search for a used 2010 RX, the vast majority had the Premium package only. Understandable given the number of RX vehicles that ar leased. When I did come across one with the Luxury package and ML system, it also had very low miles (14K over 3 years) so we stretched our budget and got it. It was the only 2010 with ML I came across in my search. Granted, we were only looking for the 350 and AWD models so it was a limited search.

Now, the big question. Why do you want to ML system so bad? It is a better system than the 12-speaker system, but it's not mind blowing as one would expect with the ML badge attached. Read some of the recent threads about the system. Owners have mixed feelings but overall, the majority believe it doesn't live up to the hype. I sadly agree. The ML system in my father's LS430 is much better.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-15-13 | 11:46 PM
Pmuppet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ecr72
With the price of the ML system so high back then, I suspect most were paired with the Luxury package unless special ordered. In my search for a used 2010 RX, the vast majority had the Premium package only. Understandable given the number of RX vehicles that ar leased. When I did come across one with the Luxury package and ML system, it also had very low miles (14K over 3 years) so we stretched our budget and got it. It was the only 2010 with ML I came across in my search. Granted, we were only looking for the 350 and AWD models so it was a limited search.

Now, the big question. Why do you want to ML system so bad? It is a better system than the 12-speaker system, but it's not mind blowing as one would expect with the ML badge attached. Read some of the recent threads about the system. Owners have mixed feelings but overall, the majority believe it doesn't live up to the hype. I sadly agree. The ML system in my father's LS430 is much better.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Great question... After reading about the quality of the premium system, I am wondering the same thing.

I have always bought my pre owned cars fully loaded with every option I wanted. Cause these options generally have depreciated to almost nothing after a couple years. I may pay $1000 more for the options but when I resell in five years I can get $500 or more for it being loaded.

And, I always told myself that my first Lexus will come with a Mark Levinson system.

From what I have read, that doesn't seem likely. Cause they are rare, owners likely know that and buyers will seek them out (meaning they likely haven't depreciated as much as I would like). So a standard premium system appears to be in my future not the ML.

Thanks!

Last edited by Pmuppet; 03-16-13 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Edit