RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2014 Rx350 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-13, 07:19 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Rx350 ?

I have been searching the forum trying to see when will Rx350 2014 released. So far no information. Does anyone atleast know when was the 2013 RX released ?

I am in the market for this RX, and in ohio where i live in 50 miles radius, there are only 3 lexus dealers. So far, all of them quoted me at invoice price, while i see many people got 10% off of MSRP. I am holding back now.

That s why i want to know when 2014 is released. I have no rush, I just dont want to buy mine now at Invoice price, and next month 2014 is released.

Thanks to ya all
Old 03-29-13, 07:26 PM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you want a 14? The change happened in 13, and they came out around May 2012 I think.

The only difference in a 14 will most likely be a MSRP increase.
Old 03-29-13, 07:43 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Why wouldnt i want a newer year model compare to the older year for the same price ;-). Thanks, then i should be seeing 2014 around May as well!
Old 03-29-13, 10:38 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealers in California got the '13's the first week in May; I got $3k, off a loaded one on May 31st; could have gotten a left over 12 much less...no changes in '14's from what we hear; sounds like the 8 speed will come in the new model 2015 along with other changes and prices!!!!!
Old 03-30-13, 05:03 PM
echo2400
Driver School Candidate

There's video of one on youtube.
Old 03-30-13, 05:36 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Do you have the link ? I saw one, but this guy doesnt even have a clue of what he s talking about.... A loaner ? 2014 ? Nahh
Old 03-30-13, 09:32 PM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Why wouldnt i want a newer year model compare to the older year for the same price ;-). Thanks, then i should be seeing 2014 around May as well!
It's doubtful the price will be the same, plus you'll be able to work a better deal on a '13 compared to the '14 when it comes out. When there are minimal changs as expected this year, there's a lot of incentive to buy the '13.

As for the assumption that you'll see them in May, don't hold your breath. Last year was a refresh and mfgs often release new and refreshed vehicles earlier in the year to get a jump on the competition. You probably will not see a '14 until the end of summer or early fall.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-31-13, 04:45 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr72
It's doubtful the price will be the same, plus you'll be able to work a better deal on a '13 compared to the '14 when it comes out. When there are minimal changs as expected this year, there's a lot of incentive to buy the '13.

As for the assumption that you'll see them in May, don't hold your breath. Last year was a refresh and mfgs often release new and refreshed vehicles earlier in the year to get a jump on the competition. You probably will not see a '14 until the end of summer or early fall.

Well said. Anything any of us says here is only speculation, but given history and where the 3rd Gen RX is in it's life, my bet would be on what you suggest.
Old 03-31-13, 05:51 AM
CSSLDR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BertL
Well said. Anything any of us says here is only speculation, but given history and where the 3rd Gen RX is in it's life, my bet would be on what you suggest.
I may order my RX F Sport as I want to have the ML stereo - That said, I was told by my salesman Lexus should begin taking orders for 14's in late June-July. I have a Subaru lease ending in November, so the timing would work out. September looks about right for the RX clones to hit the dealer lots.

A '14 is better for me as this would be the second year for the F-Sport and the problems - if any - in the 8-speed transmission would be corrected.
Old 03-31-13, 10:34 AM
echo2400
Driver School Candidate

I posted earlier about the one I saw on youtube. It was the guy with the Loaner, so no real information just video of the RX.
The only other thing I could find was a pictures of the F-sport in Europe that had a red interior. So they were assuming the 2014 could be had in other colors not just black. My rx-330 has beige interior and I love it. The black interior on any loners I have driven always showed so much dirt. Not so in the beige.
I'm trying to wait for a model change. I like the new body style but not much else. I want a smooth luxury look and feel. Not sporty and modern metal enterer trim, and paddles. I'm hoping for new engine. transmission, larger Navigation screen, more technology (I like the CUE system on the Cadillac the console makes Lexus look so dated) and a better ride.
Old 03-31-13, 11:31 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by echo2400
I posted earlier about the one I saw on youtube. It was the guy with the Loaner, so no real information just video of the RX.
The only other thing I could find was a pictures of the F-sport in Europe that had a red interior. So they were assuming the 2014 could be had in other colors not just black. My rx-330 has beige interior and I love it. The black interior on any loners I have driven always showed so much dirt. Not so in the beige.
I'm trying to wait for a model change. I like the new body style but not much else. I want a smooth luxury look and feel. Not sporty and modern metal enterer trim, and paddles. I'm hoping for new engine. transmission, larger Navigation screen, more technology (I like the CUE system on the Cadillac the console makes Lexus look so dated) and a better ride.
What an idiot the guy on youtube is; doesn't have a clue; that is a 2013 with dealer owned plate on it; I guess you don't have to have a brain to post on youtube...lol
Old 03-31-13, 02:06 PM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by echo2400
I wouldn't hold my breath expecting the Gen 4 to be more luxury. That seems to be the opposite direction of their recent changes. They seem to be targeting youth with the more aggressive appearance and less of the "floating" ride Lexus was known for a decade ago. I expect the Gen 4 to be more of a driver's SUV than a smooth luxury ride.

Old 03-31-13, 06:58 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ecr72
I wouldn't hold my breath expecting the Gen 4 to be more luxury. That seems to be the opposite direction of their recent changes. They seem to be targeting youth with the more aggressive appearance and less of the "floating" ride Lexus was known for a decade ago. I expect the Gen 4 to be more of a driver's SUV than a smooth luxury ride.

They are doing that in their next CUV the NX. I doubt they will be changing anything that turns moms away from their best selling vehicle.

I bet 4th gen will be more fuel efficient, with more upscale interior, 8 speeds trans, and the design will some what take clues from Toyota Camry. More fururistic robot like, but not sleek like now. Honestly, i liked 07-12 camry the most throughout all generations. The 3rd gen RX clues language were close to 07-12 Camry

My bet is 4th gen RX will take clue from this current camry
Old 04-01-13, 03:47 AM
CSSLDR
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=ecr72;7855879]I wouldn't hold my breath expecting the Gen 4 to be more luxury. That seems to be the opposite direction of their recent changes. They seem to be targeting youth with the more aggressive appearance and less of the "floating" ride Lexus was known for a decade ago. I expect the Gen 4 to be more of a driver's SUV than a smooth luxury ride.

I disagree, Having gone to the NYAS this weekend I see a new trend in these vehicles.

The new Acura MDX will be offered in a FWD as base model - the motor is the same one used in the minivan with cylinder deactivation. It looks more mini vanish.

Now look at the JX from Infinity - nothing aggressive or sporty there.

The new Highlander is longer now and will probably be the platform the Gen 4 RX will be based on.

Minivan prices reach into the 40K range - and these crossovers continue from there adding more luxury and a better ride.

The new smaller Lexus suv will be the one going after the Q5 and X3 crowd. The Gen 4 RX will get longer. Also - probably improve in ride and handling - but not that much.

The RX is the right size right now......IMHO.
Old 04-01-13, 10:32 AM
jjennifer
Driver School Candidate

If the new RX will have some elements from the new ES dashboard, that will be super nice. I really like the clock.
http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/galle...k.jsp?i=0&j=21

Quick Reply: 2014 Rx350 ?