RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Proposed Toyota/Lexus Settlement

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-13, 08:04 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Woody, I'm glad things have worked out for you and your wife, and that you're looking forward.

FWIW, one thing I'd add to your final thoughts, is I suspect Lexus lawyers were heavily engaged by the time your wife encountered her situation and you then talked with your dealer -- and by that time, they had been very specific to all dealerships and personnel to do NO speculation on anything related to this subject with anyone.
I lived in the corporate world for years, and as an executive there, had my share of situations with clients, their, and our own lawyers. There were times when I was effectively given strong recommendations on areas I should or should not discuss with clients or the press, because anything I did say could perhaps end up on a website, be further communicated and potentially taken out of context, or would commit the company to something we may not be prepared to do for every customer globally putting my very large, but very conservative company in a bad situation IF litigation were to ever occur.

While I have no insider information, I highly suspect Toyota/Lexus simply went into "silent" mode on this subject until a single set of directions and communication could be provided to the entire dealer network and the press -- that had all been scrubbed by Lexus lawyers in advance. You essentially were asking for something that your dealer could not provide.
My best.
Old 04-10-13, 01:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Woody, my apologies, I didn't recall the incident your wife had with her RX. Bad oversight on my part. I'm also sorry you feel that Lexus has been dismissive in your case. Unfortunately in today's litigious society it's much easier to settle than to go through costly court proceedings. The whole process is onerous. We may not agree but sometimes there is benefit to be derived from it. In this case it includes monetary restitution or modification for those affected. Believe me I certainly was not always of that opinion. Years ago I settled with a car manufacturer in a lemon law case. The vehicle was a potential deathtrap. So I’ve been there so to speak. I'm glad the dealer worked with you and wish you the best of luck with your 450h.

Last edited by kitlz; 04-10-13 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-11-13, 01:43 AM
flystone
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, what puzzle me is why Lexus didn't offer to install brake override on 2010 RX earlier.
We all knew one of the new feature for 2011 RX was brake override and Toyota was able to reflash and install brake override on cars such as 2007-2010 Camry.
Our 07 Camry had brake override installed in early 2011 yet when I ask my Lexus dealer back then, they told me is is not available for the 10 RX
I don't care for the cash compensation nor do I want to sue Lexus, all I want is for my RX to have brake override, just for a peace of mind