RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

how to make an early payment

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-13, 10:05 PM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how to make an early payment

Got the car last Sat when the bank was close. I made a small downpay with cash. Now does anyone know how I could make early payment to LFS? I was trying to register on LFS website. But I don't have account number yet.
Old 04-29-13, 10:13 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You have to wait for your statement in the mail.
On the statement is your account number which you will use to register to the LFS website.
Old 04-30-13, 05:12 AM
Rxstarfire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to create an account online before I received anything in the mail. I called LFS and they didn't have any info on me yet. They told me to wait until I received the letter in the mail. It took a couple of weeks from the time I purchased the vehicle, but once I had the account number registering was easy.
You could try calling them, but chances are, if you don't have the letter, they don't have your info yet from the dealership.
Old 04-30-13, 05:38 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxstarfire
I wanted to create an account online before I received anything in the mail. I called LFS and they didn't have any info on me yet. They told me to wait until I received the letter in the mail. It took a couple of weeks from the time I purchased the vehicle, but once I had the account number registering was easy.
You could try calling them, but chances are, if you don't have the letter, they don't have your info yet from the dealership.
good info!
Old 04-30-13, 01:34 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You need to wait until you get your info in the mail. My Lexus loan is administered by Bank of America and I use their site to make payments; just an example of why you need to wait. If you want to do something before you hear from Lexus, you could call the finance manager at the dealership where you made your purchase.
Old 04-30-13, 05:36 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Once registered. The process is easy. You can do an automatic debit from your checking account.
Then you don't have to worry about missing a payment anymore.
You can also pay in advance if you have some extra cash and it won't affect your scheduled online payments.
Old 05-01-13, 09:20 AM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

Looks like I have to wait until the paperwork comes.
Old 05-01-13, 05:47 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

^ well if you're that eager to part with your money, why not send it to me? LOL!
On a serious note, why didn't you use "this" money as part of your downpayment? Like a personal check.
I simply don't see any advantage of paying on the first day vs last day of the grace period of the month.
Old 05-01-13, 05:54 PM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

As I said in the first post, I bought it Sat afternoon. I could just write a check. Then I need to wait a few days before I can take the car. I just wanted finish everything in one visit.

Originally Posted by markrivers
^ well if you're that eager to part with your money, why not send it to me? LOL!
On a serious note, why didn't you use "this" money as part of your downpayment? Like a personal check.
I simply don't see any advantage of paying on the first day vs last day of the grace period of the month.
Old 05-02-13, 12:44 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jadon
As I said in the first post, I bought it Sat afternoon. I could just write a check. Then I need to wait a few days before I can take the car. I just wanted finish everything in one visit.
I don't understand what you meant with " i need to wait a few days before i can take the car". ..
Which dealership in CA did you go to?

My experience, whether it's a toyota or a Lexus, the dealer Always BEG me to take the vehicle home. ( except for my 2011 RX 350 where my dealer doesn't have the color combo and specs that i wanted).
THEN, i'll be back the next day or two for the paper works.

And yes, i use a personal check.
Old 05-02-13, 08:54 AM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

Lucky you. In my case, if I write a check, they can put a hold on the car for me. And I would be able to take the car once the check is cleared. It totally make sense to me. Same thing when I bought my VW three years ago. If I were the dealer, I would do the same thing. Anyway, no big deal.

Originally Posted by markrivers
I don't understand what you meant with " i need to wait a few days before i can take the car". ..
Which dealership in CA did you go to?

My experience, whether it's a toyota or a Lexus, the dealer Always BEG me to take the vehicle home. ( except for my 2011 RX 350 where my dealer doesn't have the color combo and specs that i wanted).
THEN, i'll be back the next day or two for the paper works.

And yes, i use a personal check.