RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

eDestination not working, clock and lane change indicator

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-13, 06:50 AM
ebyflk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question eDestination not working, clock and lane change indicator

Hi All,

Just picked up my new 2013 RX 350 and loving it so far. Wife loves this compared to the BMW we traded in. Customizing via the LPS has been a breeze so far but I can't see to figure out the following:

- While trying to access eDesitnation through my iPhone, it keeps giving me a message saying "your lexus enform subscription has expired..." The dealer told me that the car comes with 1 year service for enform. Is eDesitnation separate from this? Seems a bit confusing

- any way to display the time on my Nav. I like this option as opposed to seeing the digital clock near the shift ****. also the passenger can't see the digital clock as its blocked by the shift ****. seems like this should be easy but can't seem to figure it out.

- I know on other Lexus models you can change the indicator to blink 3, 5 or 7 times. Is there anyway to do this on the RX 350? I loved using this on my previous BMW while switching lanes and would love to have the same on this car.

Appreciate all your help and apologies if some of this has already been covered in other threads...I couldn't find a thread that addressed all these questions fully.
Old 07-24-13, 09:09 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ebyflk
Hi All,

Just picked up my new 2013 RX 350 and loving it so far. Wife loves this compared to the BMW we traded in. Customizing via the LPS has been a breeze so far but I can't see to figure out the following:

- While trying to access eDesitnation through my iPhone, it keeps giving me a message saying "your lexus enform subscription has expired..." The dealer told me that the car comes with 1 year service for enform. Is eDesitnation separate from this? Seems a bit confusing

- any way to display the time on my Nav. I like this option as opposed to seeing the digital clock near the shift ****. also the passenger can't see the digital clock as its blocked by the shift ****. seems like this should be easy but can't seem to figure it out.

- I know on other Lexus models you can change the indicator to blink 3, 5 or 7 times. Is there anyway to do this on the RX 350? I loved using this on my previous BMW while switching lanes and would love to have the same on this car.

Appreciate all your help and apologies if some of this has already been covered in other threads...I couldn't find a thread that addressed all these questions fully.
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to CL!

1 - I suggest you just call the Lexus Enform people 800-255-2987 and they'll help sort out the subscription thing. They are open M-F 8-9 EST and Sat 10-7. I had to call the number to get it working when I got home as I think otherwise it would have taken a few days for the paper trail to wind it's way through the dealership to get it enabled. The people were helpful and got it going quickly.

2 - No option that I know of to put a clock on the Nav. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to look a few inches below that display to see the time, or maybe your passenger can adjust the seat up or down to help on the viewing angle?

3 - Not aware of this option on the current RX. Yes, some other German brands have it.
Old 07-24-13, 09:15 AM
ebyflk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BertL
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to CL!

1 - I suggest you just call the Lexus Enform people 800-255-2987 and they'll help sort out the subscription thing. They are open M-F 8-9 EST and Sat 10-7. I had to call the number to get it working when I got home as I think otherwise it would have taken a few days for the paper trail to wind it's way through the dealership to get it enabled. The people were helpful and got it going quickly.

2 - No option that I know of to put a clock on the Nav. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to look a few inches below that display to see the time, or maybe your passenger can adjust the seat up or down to help on the viewing angle?

3 - Not aware of this option on the current RX. Yes, some other German brands have it.
Thanks for your input. Just got off the phone and got this sorted. Turns our the dealer accidentally created 2 profiles for me hence the issue with edestination. I'll check out the edestination feature but honestly don't see much use for it really. Nevertheless let's give it a shot.

Sad about #2 & 3 - first world problems
Old 07-24-13, 09:25 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Great. I had the same problem with double profiles that they needed to resolve. Isn't that strange. Anyway, do give eDestination a shot -- I find it convenient to send addresses from my Mac (or PC, iPhone, Droid) and being able to just let them come in as a group -- saves all that keying that is harder to do without a keyboard in the car. Of course, for the next year, you can always press the button and ask the person to send the address to your Nav. That is a great luxury you may also enjoy.

Let's just hope thats all the major issues you find. I'm sure you'll enjoy your RX as much as many of us do.
Old 07-24-13, 09:47 AM
ebyflk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks BertL. I've been playing around with eDestination and actually I do find it somewhat useful. My wife and I are expecting so I just created a medical folder where I've stored all the doctors and hospital addresses. Certainly a convenient feature - not a must have but it is nice.