RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Sirius XM to the Rescue - Please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-13, 11:32 AM
lexuschar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius XM to the Rescue - Please...

Hi. About a year ago, the Sirius XM Digital Team helped resolve an ongoing issue with our account loosing activation often. They quickly resolved an ongoing issue with our account and the level of customer service was very appreciated. We were told that our account was set to not automatically renew, yet we would receive an invoice in the mail at the time of our renewal.

Well, apparently that was not so as we are leaving today in about two hours on a holiday road trip and our XM radio just indicated that it is unauthorized. So we lost radio and traffic right at the time we would be using it.

Hopefully the Sirius XM reps that monitor the board will be able to contact us as quickly as possible and help resolve the issue. The reps on the Digital Team are much better to deal with than the general call center where it seems like they cannot do much and end up getting it wrong.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-13, 12:41 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

OP, the Sirius folks seem to pop in and out from here... I would not count on them monitoring this forum moment by moment. From previous threads where they have offered help, they asked for the poster to send an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com with YOUR email address for them to contact.

Good luck. Have a good vacation.
Old 08-29-13, 12:45 PM
lexuschar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BertL
OP, the Sirius folks seem to pop in and out from here... I would not count on them monitoring this forum moment by moment. From previous threads where they have offered help, they asked for the poster to send an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com with YOUR email address for them to contact.
Thanks. Sent an email earlier with no response. Will give it more time.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-13, 12:55 PM
BertL
Racer

...honestly, as much as I hate dealing with SiriusXM phone support, given your time considerations, I'd pick up the phone and call customer service vs praying someone will get back to you via the forum or even email... While some of us are oriented to using them, they just don't generally have "immediate" responsiveness if you know what I mean... Good luck once again.
Old 08-29-13, 03:26 PM
cubbie036
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG! I just had my second 60 min battle with Sirius/XM. They got my issue resolved, but I lost 2 hrs of my life to people who just don't know what they are talking about. The first 60 min call had to do with switching my account over from my Mazdaspeed 3 to the Lexus. It seems like a trivial thing, right? Well not for the "Brain Trust" I got on the phone. After coaching the person through the simple task of canceling my Mazda, credit the difference, transfer my account to the Lexus, and make sure it everything is setup, I thought everything was all set. I got Sirius/XM in the car and I was happy.

Stupidly I forgot to check one thing... I subscribe to their internet radio in addition to my car. I do like Satellite radio and use it on my iPhone during the day at work. In truth I hadn't used it since I got the Lexus. And well as you can probably guess, it didn't work when I went to use it. So annoyed I call them up. The guy I got on the phone basically told be that I couldn't log in because I had 2 accounts? He acted as if I was the one responsible for such a heinous act! WTF?!?!?! So 30 mins was spent explaining that my accounts were set up by "them" and not "me". Such a odd conversation. So the 2nd 30 mins was spent coaching this "super star of customer service" how to do his job. It was utterly infuriating!! It truly made me reconsider just taking the axe to the service. Hopefully i won't have to call them back for anything. UGH! I'm exhausted!
Old 08-29-13, 04:35 PM
cricketfan
Driver School Candidate

I would think a free universal site like Tunein Radio (via your Smartphone) is more of a threat to Sirius XM than, say, Pandora.
Old 08-29-13, 04:52 PM
BertL
Racer

Yup, well, I'm glad you got your problem resolved, and in the timeframe (sic) you needed. Glad you bit the bullet and called vs. waiting for an email that could take days, well beyond your vacation departure.

I'll stand by my comments in other threads, that besides their horrid approach to pricing, SiriusXM has the most inconsistent and abismal Customer service there is -- in large part because of language differences and what appear to me as lack of training and the ability or desire for an agent to escalate within their own team in support of THEIR customer when they are stuck. I'd love of course to always support US-based personnel, but at the same time, I have nothing against call centers overseas, IF, they can also provide great service. My problem is I led a huge national service & support business that ultimately involved some portion of those agents being offshore because of our need to make Wall Street objectives ...but I also remember my days causing new mandatory training programs to be put in place (at my business expense) with my suppliers on things like US geography, sensitivity to possible weather issues in some of our major geographic areas in different times of year, orienting them to different US diction/slang we use across the US to extend the text-book English many learn, and causing my team to consistently inspect how all agents on the phone or Net were incented to do the right thing in the most expeditious manner possible for MY clients. It's apparent SiriusXM does not take such actions, at least from my experience as their paying customer, and from documented experiences such as yours.

Even though it took forever, you have your service back as you wanted, but I suspect are a dissatisfied SiriusXM customer like I am for the same reasons. What a conundrum for SiriusXM having customers that want their service, but really hate them at the same time. Unfortunately I don't think higher-up SiriusXM mgmt that could change things, get it. As has been said, until people like us put our dollar in places other than their service, I doubt SiriusXM Mgmt will get the message and change. Other options will pass them by as folks like me search for better alternatives.

Last edited by BertL; 08-29-13 at 05:17 PM. Reason: TMI
Old 08-29-13, 04:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Sirius XM is great when it works, but the customer service is not the best.

Also just get the radio, the stocks, sports, fuel prices, traffic and weather are useless as they are seldom updated. A major reason Lexus is switching to Clear Channel HD Radio for traffic and weather which has far more coverage and updated every few minutes
Old 08-29-13, 05:24 PM
lexuschar
Driver School Candidate

XM did respond to my email and called me. They were able to resolve my problem and get the radio working again. I was fortunate to have spoken to someone who knew what was going on and how to handle it so the resolution went ok.

XM did ask me about ownership of the radio as the dealership replaced the radio over a year ago and of course the radio used to belong to another vehicle owner. Not sure why XM wanted to confirm the ownership now since I have been using that radio for over a year now.

Still, the Digital Care Team rep got things straightened out and working for us. They are much easier to deal with then calling the main call center and talking to people who can only follow their script.
Old 08-29-13, 06:19 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

When you call XM, the person answering the phone punches a time clock and is not permitted to fix your problem for at least an hour. It they are on the verge of solving the problem before the hour is up, they must hand off the call to a technician who starts another one-hour clock.
Old 08-29-13, 08:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

XM customer service sucks. Every time my account was set up they would escalate it and then my service or subscription has decreased by months. So I quit with them and let it expire. After a month or two they called and I said no and that I'm not happy with their service. I was given 6 months free and 1 year starting after the 6 months for $30.00. Let's see how long it lasts.