RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-14, 08:56 AM
wallykeys
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed about the Sunroof buttons. I'm beginning to memorize by feel, but still an over sight in my book. Same with the window toggles, In the "all black" interior, all function buttons seem difficult to find at night!
My biggest complaint at this point after almost two months of owner ship might sound strange to many, but I have yet to find a comfortable seating position. I have moved that seat around in every which way, but can't seem to find the "right spot". The seat makes my back ache! What makes it worse is that I get into the wife's car (bmw 335i sport) and melt into the seats which only amplify's the uncomfortable RX seats.The BMW seats are by far the best seats I've ever sat in! My Mini cooper also has very comfortable seats as well. The lumbar support function in the RX doesn't seem to help ether. I've tried deflating the lumbar support to 0,and then pumping it up in different degrees to no avail. All it seems to do is push me forward and since it can't move the lumbar position up or down as I can with both Bimmers, I don't get the support where I need it! I hope I find the "just right spot" seat position before too long, it's taking away from what otherwise is a great vehicle!

Last edited by wallykeys; 02-15-14 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-15-14, 11:05 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Thumbnail Picture

Originally Posted by PeteInGilr
The manual confirms that the Nav Screen can be distorted when wearing polarized sunglasses.

I see the distortion only in the lower left corner.

I just would hate to get rid of my Maui Jim's just to see the screen clearly.
Great picture. I prefer the portrait to the car shots. More personal. Welcome to the board.
Wife loves her Maui Jim's. Any polarizing lens will distort any flat reflective surface.
Try taking an iPhone picture with Maui Jim's on. HA HA
Ray A.

Last edited by raylor4; 02-15-14 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-15-14, 03:10 PM
Seeker4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wallykeys
My biggest complaint at this point after almost two months of owner ship might sound strange to many, but I have yet to find a comfortable seating position. I have moved that seat around in every which way, but can't seem to find the "right spot". The seat makes my back ache!
I've been struggling with the same issue on my two-week old 450h. I may have found the solution--when I get in the car, I push myself back into the seat. The seat seems to "hold" me better when I do that. I find I have to set the lumbar support quite low, otherwise it pushes me out of the position where I feel held in by the seat.

I even found where the manual says to do that!
Old 02-15-14, 05:39 PM
armadillo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
As for the sunglasses holder, it seems to be a recurring complaint on here. I get that it's handy, but it doesn't really matter to me. I just keep mine in the center console. For me it's not a big deal. Same with my IS.
Excuse my ignorance, but I just got a 2014 RX450h and it does have a sunglasses holder over head. Is this specific to the RX450 or is it a new feature of 2014 models in response to the complaints?
Old 02-15-14, 05:43 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by armadillo
Excuse my ignorance, but I just got a 2014 RX450h and it does have a sunglasses holder over head. Is this specific to the RX450 or is it a new feature of 2014 models in response to the complaints?
My '14 RX350 AWD does NOT have the sunglass holder over head. The SOS button is where the holder used to be.
Old 02-15-14, 05:46 PM
Seeker4
Driver School Candidate

It does??? My 2014 RX 450h doesn't, and I got it just two weeks ago. Do you have the navigation package?
Old 02-15-14, 08:23 PM
cflutist
Driver

Originally Posted by PeteInGilr
My '14 RX350 AWD does NOT have the sunglass holder over head. The SOS button is where the holder used to be.
Yeah, I looked too but could only find the SOS button. We have the NAV package in our 2014 RX450h AWD.
Old 02-15-14, 09:17 PM
armadillo
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I have navigation package. I took delivery of the RX450h two weeks ago. I'm in Hawaii, so may be it depends on the number of sunny days?

Okay, just grabbed my iPhone and took a pic of the holder. Not the greatest quality image as I took it in the garage with just ambient light and the ceiling light of the RX450 on. But you should get the idea. Oh, and before you ask, no, it's not a Leica. It's just my iPhone with a Leica backplate image I made.
Attached Thumbnails Annoyances-img_0523.jpg  

Last edited by armadillo; 02-15-14 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 07:19 PM
cflutist
Driver

Yes, I have navigation package. I took delivery of the RX450h two weeks ago. I'm in Hawaii, so may be it depends on the number of sunny days?

Okay, just grabbed my iPhone and took a pic of the holder. Not the greatest quality image as I took it in the garage with just ambient light and the ceiling light of the RX450 on. But you should get the idea. Oh, and before you ask, no, it's not a Leica. It's just my iPhone with a Leica backplate image I made.
This is a dumb question, but where is your SOS button then?
Old 02-16-14, 07:36 PM
armadillo
Driver School Candidate

Don't have SOS button and don't miss it.
Old 02-16-14, 07:38 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

Originally Posted by cflutist
This is a dumb question, but where is your SOS button then?
Something not right here....maybe an older model? Just to be sure I went and check my 350, and there is no sunglass holder as depicted in the photo.

Then I referred to the manual (page 606). And yes, some do have an "Auxiliary Box" (if equipped). It doesn't appear as though there would be an SOS button.
Old 02-16-14, 08:01 PM
armadillo
Driver School Candidate

It's an older model. As I said, it's two weeks old. It could well be that Hawaii models are equipped differently, as we get them direct from Japan and we don't get the luxury (or annoyance) of Enform. So that may explain the absence of the SOS button as that is an Enform service (free only for 1st year). Just a guess though. I had no idea that the SOS button was responsible for killing the sunglass box.
Old 02-16-14, 08:08 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

It's an older model. As I said, it's two weeks old. It could well be that Hawaii models are equipped differently, as we get them direct from Japan and we don't get the luxury (or annoyance) of Enform. So that may explain the absence of the SOS button as that is an Enform service (free only for 1st year). Just a guess though. I had no idea that the SOS button was responsible for killing the sunglass box.
You are right. It must be configured specifically for Hawaii (I should be there in September!). All the models I looked at on the lot before purchase had the SOS button (in Calif).
Old 02-16-14, 08:12 PM
armadillo
Driver School Candidate

What is the appeal of a dedicated SOS button anyway? I have been driving in Hawaii for 18 years now and not once have I had the need for such a button. Sunglasses on the other hand...
Old 02-16-14, 08:17 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

I look at it as an additional insurance policy. If you ever get stranded/in a wreck/need fuel, etc and are in an area with no cell reception the SOS will work as it uses satellites rather than cell towers.

I do miss the sunglass holder!!!

Quick Reply: Annoyances