RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Potential 2010 RX350 Purchase, Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 04:57 PM
deanzombie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential 2010 RX350 Purchase, Thoughts?

Hello all, I will be looking at this CPO 2010 tomorrow and if all checks out, I will be taking her home. Just thought I'd run it by to get fellow member opinion on this specific year and price or if there's anything in particular I should be looking out for.

2010 RX350 CPO (lease return - 1 owner/clean carfax)
Starfire Pearl on Parchment
17,100 miles
Premium pkg
Comfort pkg
Parking sensors
Navi
HID
Parking assist
Price worked out: $34,400

Dealer states rear bumper was repainted due to cosmetic damage.

Last edited by deanzombie; 11-11-13 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-11-13, 06:14 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It sounds like a sweet vehicle at a very good price. I recently picked up a 2010 myself. This sounds like a terrific 2010. The dealer is probably right about the bumper. They are easy to scratch up without getting any real damage.

Things to look for or negotiate:
-- Check to make sure this isn't a Hurricane Sandy vehicle.

- Check the build date. If it is before like Aug 2009, you have an early 2010 model.
-- It may have an eyeglass holder instead of enform.
-- Your Nav software may actually be Gen5, not Gen6.
--- If this is the case ask the dealer for a free Firmware update to Gen6. This will make the Nav run a bit better and give you access to a few more vehicle settings.

Good Luck...
Old 11-11-13, 06:49 PM
deanzombie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dmccombs
It sounds like a sweet vehicle at a very good price. I recently picked up a 2010 myself. This sounds like a terrific 2010. The dealer is probably right about the bumper. They are easy to scratch up without getting any real damage.

Things to look for or negotiate:
-- Check to make sure this isn't a Hurricane Sandy vehicle.

- Check the build date. If it is before like Aug 2009, you have an early 2010 model.
-- It may have an eyeglass holder instead of enform.
-- Your Nav software may actually be Gen5, not Gen6.
--- If this is the case ask the dealer for a free Firmware update to Gen6. This will make the Nav run a bit better and give you access to a few more vehicle settings.

Good Luck...
Great advice, thanks for the feedback.

According to the carfax it's spent all of it's life in CA starting w/ Beverly Hills then making it's way to my dealership in NorCal. I am not sure if Carfax can tell you actual build date but it states manufactured in 6/2010. This RX is also manufactured in Canada (2T2ZK VIN).

Is there a quick way to see which Nav SW it's running?
Old 11-11-13, 07:09 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the carfax is right, then your car is a very late 2010. I would still double check the build date.

No, I don't know how to tell which firmware you have, but if you don't have an early 2010 model, then its a mute point. It will be a Gen6.

Other things to check is to ensure you get the rear cargo cover, all the mats, maybe the 2013 maps update if you plan to use the Nav a lot. These aren't big things, but if they are missing, the dealer will usually get them for you as part of the deal.
Old 11-12-13, 08:39 AM
RXinNJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tires: Are they new? If not, ask them to tell you the tread remaining. If 50% or less, or if you're not satisfied with the amount remaining, you could try to negotiate new tires into the deal.

Brakes: Ask for the amount remaining on the pads, and the level for recommended replacement. I was able to get new pads put on a CPO car just by asking the question.

If the dealer is motivated to move the car, you may find they will replace these wear & tear items without much pushing. I always tell people to make the dealer earn your business.
Old 11-12-13, 01:51 PM
deanzombie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXinNJ
Tires: Are they new? If not, ask them to tell you the tread remaining. If 50% or less, or if you're not satisfied with the amount remaining, you could try to negotiate new tires into the deal.

Brakes: Ask for the amount remaining on the pads, and the level for recommended replacement. I was able to get new pads put on a CPO car just by asking the question.

If the dealer is motivated to move the car, you may find they will replace these wear & tear items without much pushing. I always tell people to make the dealer earn your business.
Great input...the tires are new Pirellis (model not sure yet). I will def bring up the brake pad level.
Old 11-12-13, 06:06 PM
deanzombie
Driver School Candidate

Looks like this one didn't pan out. It seems the previous owner had the 2 passenger side doors painted due to a little accident. Paint job was terrible. I don't know how/why they qualified this as CPO.
Old 11-14-13, 02:55 AM
Brian06
Driver School Candidate

Dean,
I just bought a 2010 RX. The dealer said up to 2 panels can be painted and still be a CPO. More than 3 panels it can't be a CPO. Look in Socal. there are a lot of RX's.

Brian Carrillo
Old 11-14-13, 07:34 AM
deanzombie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brian06
Dean,
I just bought a 2010 RX. The dealer said up to 2 panels can be painted and still be a CPO. More than 3 panels it can't be a CPO. Look in Socal. there are a lot of RX's.

Brian Carrillo
Brian? Fremont?

I will most likely just spring for a 2011. There are some white AWD ones for 35.5k 20-25k miles at another dealership.