RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New Owner/Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 03:44 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Originally Posted by niklow
But its odd, I did get heated & ventilated seats which means I should have the package that comes the HID with rain sensing wipes. So there im confused because that is not a standalone option and only other package it comes with is NAV. And I double checked this with different sources.

More interesting the window sticker says single disc player with 12 speaker premium system...however it should come with an in-dash 6 disc changer. And to be honest I haven't seen any written info on disc changing so far inside the car..but haven't really looked in detail as well.

Now I am trying to figure out what I do actually have in this car.

corrado: I grew up in Toronto actually...where about are you? In another way, packaging is so much easier in Canada, either it comes with it or it doesnt...they don't add random options.
According to the Lexus web site, on the Features page under "Individual Options" you will see that you can get the heated/ventilated seats as a stand alone option, for $640. So it doesn't have to come in a package. I suspect this is what you have.

As far as the CD player is concerned, I didn't think any of the '13 or '14 RXs had changers. Mine is a '13 with Mark Levinson, and even that is a single CD player.
Old 01-29-14, 03:48 PM
niklow
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
According to the Lexus web site, on the Features page under "Individual Options" you will see that you can get the heated/ventilated seats as a stand alone option, for $640. So it doesn't have to come in a package. I suspect this is what you have.

As far as the CD player is concerned, I didn't think any of the '13 or '14 RXs had changers. Mine is a '13 with Mark Levinson, and even that is a single CD player.
Haha...gave Lexus too much credit. But on me for not doing enough research though. Thank you for the info
Old 01-29-14, 03:51 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

The options and packages on Lexus and the information on the site can be a little bit more than confusing.

I think they're all moving away from CD changers, as it's easier to just stream from your phone or use Pandora or a USB stick.
Old 01-29-14, 03:54 PM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new RX and welcome to the club.

I hope that you enjoy reading the manuals as much as I have.

Cheryl

2014 RX450h AWD

Last edited by cflutist; 01-29-14 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-29-14, 03:56 PM
niklow
Driver

I have been using USB thus far, but you are totally right - all the information for the 12 Speaker premium system points to a 6 disc changer. And a single disc for 9 speaker system.

Always have to double check the dealer and options their vehicle order comes in with...I just completely snoozed various things considering having previously owned an Acura, all I did was get the Tech Package and had everything. It was pretty clear with the TL. No factory or individual gimmics. As well walking into Lexus you hear all but good things from friends.
Old 01-29-14, 03:58 PM
niklow
Driver

Originally Posted by cflutist
Congrats on your new RX and welcome to the club.

I hope that you enjoy reading the manuals as much as I have.

Cheryl

2014 RX350h AWD
Thank you, and oh yes.....but it's not that bad really. If you think about it, RX is a simple car.
Old 01-29-14, 04:31 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

The confusion over packages is probably one of the reasons I went the special order route, to ensure I got exactly what I wanted That was after canceling an earlier RXh. I found out it was not equipped with some of features I wanted. It took me at least a month before I felt comfortable enough to place the order.

My 450h has the 6-CD changer, ML too. But I paid dearly for it compared to what it costs now. I remember talking to my sales guy after Lexus switched to single CD. I said it would've been nice if Lexus added a hard drive in its place. He said he was going to recommend it, saying they ask for suggestions. I'm probably the only person that doesn't like streaming music.
Old 01-29-14, 06:18 PM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
My 450h has the 6-CD changer, ML too. But I paid dearly for it compared to what it costs now. I remember talking to my sales guy after Lexus switched to single CD. I said it would've been nice if Lexus added a hard drive in its place. He said he was going to recommend it, saying they ask for suggestions. I'm probably the only person that doesn't like streaming music.
No, you aren't the only one. I have no iPad, iPhone or iTablet. Just an old, cheap flip-type cell phone. No streaming of any kind as I don't need to. We listen to SirriusXM radio in the cars since we are in a radio dead zone, where the only radio stations play country-western or right-wing talk.
Old 01-29-14, 07:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
The confusion over packages is probably one of the reasons I went the special order route, to ensure I got exactly what I wanted That was after canceling an earlier RXh. I found out it was not equipped with some of features I wanted. It took me at least a month before I felt comfortable enough to place the order.

Originally Posted by RickC5
No, you aren't the only one. I have no iPad, iPhone or iTablet. Just an old, cheap flip-type cell phone. No streaming of any kind as I don't need to. We listen to SirriusXM radio in the cars since we are in a radio dead zone, where the only radio stations play country-western or right-wing talk.

I'm with both of you, no streaming. I prefer managing and playing my music on physical media - CDs
Old 01-29-14, 08:44 PM
wheats
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niklow: Congrtas and enjoy the new ride!

QUOTE=corradoMR2;8354665]I'm with both of you, no streaming. I prefer managing and playing my music on physical media - CDs [/QUOTE]

I still enjoy the CD's but glad to be able to stream music from Spotify as we don't get satellite radio here. I also don't have the Nav system since we are a one road Island,kinda hard to get lost.