RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Best exterior color for saddle interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-14, 07:39 PM
lexuspup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best exterior color for saddle interior?

I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading through the different topics. I love Lexus, have owned 3 (two have been RX's). Last one was a 2011 RX350. Have also owned the Mercedes ML and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I miss Lexus.

I've decided to purchase a 2015 RX 350 and know I want the saddle interior- in love with that color. I have always had parchment interiors and am ready for a change but am stuck on which exterior color to choose. I am looking at Satin Cashmere, Fire Agate and Claret Mica and would love to hear some thoughts on what color would look best with the saddle.

I realize that color choice is a matter of opinion but would love to get some feedback. Thanks

Last edited by lexuspup; 06-06-14 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-07-14, 04:41 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Definitely Fire Agate!
Old 06-07-14, 04:51 AM
gklatv
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like saddle tan color leather interior too, and believe it goes well with Claret Mica RX. However, in 2013 model lineup Claret Mica RX350 AWD loaded with options were not available with saddle tan. Most importantly, wife didn't want that "brown" color for her car, so we got light gray interior.. BTW, an interior color selection will also predetermine wood color that is package on a given vehicle (is black/ebony on ours).
Good luck! Choose wisely
Old 06-07-14, 05:08 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Tough one. Among the choices, I'd go for Fire Agate Pearl. Here's why, trying to be as objective as possible on a 99% subjective choice!

Saddle Tan has some orange/brown tones to it. So with this in mind...

1. Claret Mica has wine red, purple, and sometimes brownish tones. I find the orange/brown interior and mainly wine red exterior provide the least "harmony" here.

2. Satin Cashmere has gold and beige/sand colored tones. The relatively darker orange/brown interior compliments and contrasts nicely with the lighter exterior. This is my least favorite exterior color, however, if this is your favorite, go for this one.

3. Fire Agate has deep brown, copper and bronze tones. The orange/brown interior pulls from that copper tone you get from the exterior paint. The overall look is very clean, luxurious and zen-like (harmonious).

Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 06-07-14 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-07-14, 05:46 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Obsidian with the Saddle interior is gorgeous. It will draw a crowd of admirers wherever you take it. Very hard to keep clean though.
Old 06-07-14, 03:19 PM
lexuspup
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, it is very unique.
Old 06-07-14, 03:27 PM
lexuspup
Driver School Candidate

Really good point about the Claret Mica CorradoMR2. Great pics by the way. I agree with you that the Satin Cashmere would compliment the darker interior. I think these earth tones look really nice together.

Agree with everyone that the fire agate would look great and I like the fact that it would be unique to my area, saw a bronze Infinity the other day but yet to see a Lexus in this color. I just haven't seen the color in person, local dealer is low on inventory and they don't have any vehicles on the lot that color. Just never thought about owning a "brown" car before.

Satin always catches my eye on the road but keep going back and forth between satin cashmere and fire agate......decisions, decisions..........
Old 06-07-14, 03:30 PM
lexuspup
Driver School Candidate

Agree Sandy14, the black and saddle is my favorite. Love it. Would even love saddle with Stargazer, which is really hard to find. But, my Mercedes ML was black and keeping it clean drove me insane :0)
Old 06-07-14, 03:40 PM
lexuspup
Driver School Candidate

Default color choice

Starfire pearl looks sharp with the saddle as well. I'm really making this hard :0
Old 06-07-14, 07:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Maybe what might help make that decision is what other vehicle you currently own, its color, and whether you want to compliment that vehicle with your RX and how.

For instance, I got an IS F-Sport purposely to compliment my RX F-Sport to complete my F-Sport family .
Color-wise, I love Nebula Gray on the IS F-Sport but I didn't want two Lexus vehicles the same color in my driveway as I like the variety of the different colors. Also, the colors of my home's bricks, driveway, door color, etc were factored in. Yes, it's borderline craziness but I do enjoy looking at the "whole picture", literally.
Old 06-07-14, 08:03 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Maybe what might help make that decision is what other vehicle you currently own, its color, and whether you want to compliment that vehicle with your RX and how.

For instance, I got an IS F-Sport purposely to compliment my RX F-Sport to complete my F-Sport family .
Color-wise, I love Nebula Gray on the IS F-Sport but I didn't want two Lexus vehicles the same color in my driveway as I like the variety of the different colors. Also, the colors of my home's bricks, driveway, door color, etc were factored in. Yes, it's borderline craziness but I do enjoy looking at the "whole picture", literally.
I agree, ( not the crazy ) the whole picture.
Old 06-07-14, 08:07 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexuspup
Agree Sandy14, the black and saddle is my favorite. Love it. Would even love saddle with Stargazer, which is really hard to find. But, my Mercedes ML was black and keeping it clean drove me insane :0)
True. That's why I stayed away from black this time. But a black Lexus is the mark of elegance. ( to me)
Old 06-07-14, 08:13 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

The only thing I don't like about the saddle interior is the gray headliner. I love the black & tan together but the grey is too much. Then you have the blue lighting. My OCD can't handle all that together.
Old 06-07-14, 08:15 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deep Sea Mica...
Old 06-07-14, 10:13 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
The only thing I don't like about the saddle interior is the gray headliner. I love the black & tan together but the grey is too much. Then you have the blue lighting. My OCD can't handle all that together.
Agree with you 100%!
That's why we ended up with a light gray interior, even though driving to the dealership we were sure WANTED the saddle interior.

Quick Reply: Best exterior color for saddle interior?