RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Day 1 Ownership, 2015 RX350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-14, 05:24 PM
Catbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day 1 Ownership, 2015 RX350 AWD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Catbert; 01-23-15 at 10:24 AM. Reason: x
Old 11-01-14, 06:00 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Catbert, I enjoyed reading your piece and experiencing your enthusiasm. You got the right car at the right price, perfect for you. I foresee a smooth learning curve with little body lean. : )
Old 11-02-14, 08:02 AM
Catbert

Thank you for responding, raylor4. Good to meet a fellow Lexus fan here.

Any advice regarding what to do about keeping winter grime from my black floor mats? Is there some kind of clear covering I can put over top of them? I'd like to not replace them with an all weather mat.

Edit: What is your opinion regarding these: http://www.KBcarstuff.com/Lloyd-Mats...tectormats.htm

Last edited by Catbert; 11-02-14 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-02-14, 12:37 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Our 2014 RX just turned 1 last month and we have really enjoyed the driving experience. We have taken one long trip lasting almost 3 weeks and driving some long days to get to Missouri. The RX was very easy to drive and a real pleasure for the whole trip.

I use to have a commute of 40 miles each way plus driving for work for sales or job site work. I had a company car but nothing as nice as a Lexus was ever in the offerings. If you have to work and you have to commute then I think an RX is one of the nicest ways to do it. :-)

As a birthday present to both the RX and ourselves my wife is on her way to have it detailed inside and out.

As for the winter mats, we have not really had a winter here for while (long drought) and even then no snow or anything like that. We did have some serious hail here a few weeks ago (freak thunderstorm) but we were on our way home and got the RX into the garage to watch the storm from the porch.
Old 11-02-14, 05:18 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

CatBert ... welcome ... I'm sure you will enjoy owning the RX. Nice story and good luck with the new job. You seem curious about the price. We have a price thread where owners can compare prices. But, the bottom line is that pricing varies around the country and at different times of the year. Some markets have more discounting than others. For future reference, we are very near the 'December to Remember' sale that they have every year ... typically a good time to buy a Lexus. Also, you might want to look beyond the 2% over invoice in the future and see what you can do on your own. A big part of Lexus discounting is in the silent area of manufacturer to dealer cash incentives ... these can drive Lexus prices thousands under invoice during sales.

Last edited by UCSB; 11-02-14 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-02-14, 06:58 PM
Catbert

UCSB - thanks for that insight. You are right about the holiday season. Perhaps I should have waited and seen what I could have done. I'll remember that next time! Thanks and I'll look up that thread.
Old 11-02-14, 09:44 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Catbert
Thank you for responding, raylor4. Good to meet a fellow Lexus fan here.

Any advice regarding what to do about keeping winter grime from my black floor mats? Is there some kind of clear covering I can put over top of them? I'd like to not replace them with an all weather mat.

Edit: What is your opinion regarding these: http://www.KBcarstuff.com/Lloyd-Mats...tectormats.htm
Thanks for the link to the clear carpet protectors. We don't have winter grime here, but if we did, I definitely would buy ONE to try it out and buy another if the first one works ok. They are $18 and free shipping. That makes it an $18 decision. Your call.

I notice you're wondering if you paid too much for your car. This is normal. It's called buyer's remorse. I think we all go thru it. I did. You did not pay too much for your car. Wishing for a better past is a waste of time. Signed, Dr. Phil. : )

BTW, there's a wonderful carpet cleaner on the market and available at Home Depot, Lowe's and grocery supermarkets. It's called Folex. It's not expensive. You just spray it on a stain, wait 10 seconds, rub it into the stain with your fingers, yes, your fingers, it doesn't harm them, finish with a wipe from a towel. Gets every stain up. I use it around the house all the time, especially under my computer chair after I snack.
Hope this helps and is entertaining.
Ray A.
Old 11-03-14, 04:21 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Catbert - Congrats on the RX and welcome to CL..

The Saddle interior is beautiful, enjoy!!
Old 11-03-14, 04:25 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by raylor4
Thanks for the link to the clear carpet protectors. We don't have winter grime here, but if we did, I definitely would buy ONE to try it out and buy another if the first one works ok. They are $18 and free shipping. That makes it an $18 decision. Your call.

I notice you're wondering if you paid too much for your car. This is normal. It's called buyer's remorse. I think we all go thru it. I did. You did not pay too much for your car. Wishing for a better past is a waste of time. Signed, Dr. Phil. : )

BTW, there's a wonderful carpet cleaner on the market and available at Home Depot, Lowe's and grocery supermarkets. It's called Folex. It's not expensive. You just spray it on a stain, wait 10 seconds, rub it into the stain with your fingers, yes, your fingers, it doesn't harm them, finish with a wipe from a towel. Gets every stain up. I use it around the house all the time, especially under my computer chair after I snack.
Hope this helps and is entertaining.
Ray A.
^I've never heard of this cleaner, I'm going to pick up a bottle.. thanks for the tip..
Old 11-03-14, 06:42 PM
sofspra
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On price, in London Ont, picked up a well equipped RX350 with $55,000 sticker price for $5.000 discount. This was a better price than what I got on a RX350 in 2010.
Old 11-04-14, 04:47 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Our 2013 is a year and a half old, and our 2nd RX. You're going to love your new car. I've often said that it's the best road trip car I've ever driven. BTW, I love the interior on yours.

I'm a BIG fan of the WeatherTech All Weather mats, and they're always my first purchase for a new car, in my world. However, for the first time, I'm considering their FloorLiner for the new CT we bought last Friday. One reason is they don't have the all weathers for my car, but the second is that they look like they might protect around the edges a little better. Two places in particular that get really dirty in the RX (driver's side) are around the dead pedal for the left foot and next to the accelerator pedal. The FloorLiner looks like it goes higher at those spots, and should keep it cleaner. I've never seen FloorLiners in person, though. Although I think a really good fit would help, I'm concerned about them looking plastic and cheap.

I would really be interested to hear what others think of them, but I don't think you can beat the WeatherTech quality, in general
Old 11-04-14, 06:01 AM
Catbert

I'm now thinking of these http://www.autosportcatalog.com/util...oor-liners.cfm in black, but will have to call to see if they will work on a 2015 model.

I have weathertech mats in my truck, but want something a little sleeker (?) while still doing its job.

I appreciate all the comments in this thread. Thank you!

Edit: I did order the linked black front seat mats from autosport after their assurances that the 2014 version will fit my 2015.

Last edited by Catbert; 11-04-14 at 09:51 AM.