RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Service problem! Arghh!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-15, 05:55 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Service problem! Arghh!

So it happened! My dealer, who has been great up to now messed up!

My 30k / 3 year service was due 3 weeks ago. I booked the car in for MOT and the service, along with a full valet of the car.

They gave me an IS300h for 2 days while my car was getting valeted but it turns out they only gave it an MOT and no Service!!!

So, its booked in for a service today being 3 weeks overdue but still under the 30k mileage. Im at 29800 atm

Any significant problems this could cause? I usually tend to get my car serviced on the money, especially my wife's which is a diesel so no experience with going over with services and all.
Old 06-17-15, 06:14 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts

Your fine, they don't care. I have gone way under the mileage and over. Quite frankly with the new synthetic oils they could be stretched even longer.
Old 06-17-15, 06:16 AM
Kingy68
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None whatsoever. Same with the diesel.

Even with lease cars (which afford significant penalties if services are missed) there is no issue if the service is simply carried out a little later.
I leased a Merc, coincidentally a diesel (on the advice of my accountant - I'll never lease again) and took a service contract with it. One service was carried out two weeks late because that was the first time the dealer had a time slot which suited us both. (They collected the car, serviced it and then returned it).
Don't worry.
Old 06-17-15, 09:04 AM
drewcam888
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are worrying about nothing. There is no damage or issues for going early or late.
Old 06-17-15, 09:43 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

rayaans, I agree with everyone else. It shouldn't be a problem. You're well within the mileage. I never get close myself and stick with the recommended time. Being a few weeks off is insignificant. How did the dealer miss the service part?
Old 06-18-15, 08:17 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
rayaans, I agree with everyone else. It shouldn't be a problem. You're well within the mileage. I never get close myself and stick with the recommended time. Being a few weeks off is insignificant. How did the dealer miss the service part?
No idea, just didnt do it lol. I went in the car and looked at the service book when picking it up from MOT. There was no stamp so went back inside and they checked the system and there was no record. They've either done it twice now or just once lol. It was all fine though yesterday.

Dont know about over there but the last few diesels my wife has had were not serviced on the time stated, being a few weeks over or under and they all went pop with the DPF lol
Old 06-18-15, 08:37 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Must have been German cars. They are very precise at how long their vehicles should last and not a day longer.
Old 06-18-15, 08:55 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

That's scary. Even worse would be the reaction from my SA if someone forget to do something to my RXh. Heads would roll
Old 06-19-15, 09:10 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
That's scary. Even worse would be the reaction from my SA if someone forget to do something to my RXh. Heads would roll
Not the Service guys fault, he was just doing what he'd been told to do.

Im blaming it on the Aftersales Consultant who's supposed to organize these things lol. RXh has been through service with no problems

Wierd though, only 20% brake wear after 30k miles. Even more weird that it actually went down from last year when it was 30% hahahahaha
Old 06-19-15, 09:30 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

So that's what regenerative braking means!
Old 06-22-15, 12:52 AM
Kingy68
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Dont know about over there but the last few diesels my wife has had were not serviced on the time stated, being a few weeks over or under and they all went pop with the DPF lol
I'm in the UK.
DPF is nothing to do with the service. It's all about not getting a long enough run at a steady speed (dual carriageway or motorway) to regenerate. That and 'black death' are the curse of common diesels which do a lot of shorter journeys.

Originally Posted by vlad_a
Must have been German cars. They are very precise at how long their vehicles should last and not a day longer.
I've not found that. Have had Mercedes, BMW and VW diesels. As said ^^ Mercedes even delayed the service by two weeks to suit themselves for one of their lease vehicles. (There is a list of significant financial penalty charges for missing a service for a lease vehicle in the UK).
Old 06-22-15, 01:29 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

I've lost faith in diesels. You shouldn't have to force yourself to go on a long trip at motorway speed to unclog the DPF.

Diesel is losing its stronghold in the UK now. Petrol cars are priced cheaper on average, petrol itself is cheaper and feel much nicer to drive than their diesel counterparts. Things like the 1.0l Petrol Aygo and UP! are the rage nowadays. Heck even VW buyers are picking up the 1.4 petrol instead of the diesels!

Too many people have bought diesels and seen the downsides, now to mention the pollution they cause in comparison to a petrol engine of equivalent displacement.

I went to the supermarket yesterday, warm weather for a change so all windows were down. I parked next to a 2010 X5 30d which left as soon as I got out. The engine turning on and idling got me thinking how agricultural a diesel sounds, it doesn't sound premium.

Granted that it was a 2010 and they've worked hard to make diesels less noisy but when it's compared to a Lexus RX450H who's powertrain is the same since 2009, it's pretty difficult to ignore