RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Center console buttons and joystick not responding

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-15, 03:27 PM
Maertens
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center console buttons and joystick not responding

Hello,
Today at some point I noticed that the joystick does not move the cursor and does not have that normal stiffness. At the same time, none of the center console buttons were responding to pressing. However, the GPS was tracking the movement on the map.
After turning off the engine and starting again, all returned to work normally.

The Lexus dealership checked it and did not find any issue.

Anyone experienced this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-15, 05:19 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've not personally had this problem, but as reported in another thread, I have had sporadic issues with the backup camera and/or most of my Infotainment system not coming on for the past several months. My Lexus dealer can't find any issue as the RX isn't recording any failures in the error log ...I bet that is the case with your situation as well -- intermittent failures perhaps with smaller subsystems or components that do not record an issue, so the technicians have nothing to go on to diagnose, report, and then know what to replace or perhaps zap with a firmware update to correct the problem. My suggestion is to keep a log of every failure, and continue reporting new occurrences to Lexus every time you go in for service so it becomes part of your official service record -- at least that's what I'm doing -- but now after half a dozen occurrences and having had it diagnosed twice while I was in for general maintenance, I don't have any hope something proactive will be done to help alleviate my problem until the failure is solid and shows up while my vehicle is at the dealership. Good luck.
Old 07-09-15, 07:22 PM
lex_rx
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

During test drive of our RX, the navigation system had a few issues including shutdowns. It was attributed to an undercharged battery. Haven't had a problem since the purchase.

Good luck and hope you report back.