RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Done! 2013 Fsport conversion on 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-19, 02:42 PM
Wuan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 rx350 conversion

I have a question. My wife just crashed her 2011 rx350 and I was wondering if I were to do this to her car where would I get the head lights for it.

Originally Posted by diggdyone
Well ladies and gentlemen it has been a task however, I have climbed the mountain of converting my 2010 into a 2013 F sport.

Thanks to plusone for paving the way.

Here is the wiring info link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...on-2010-a.html

First it started with the part list which was provided by a member (specONE) the list also includes tips on wiring.

Second step was to track down all the parts; eBay was my main source for the lights. Be mindful that the Xeon lights move quickly on eBay and I had to for the first time get alerts sent to me when item went up for sale.
Be sure to get a set of lights with no broken side tabs the top tabs can be replace, Lexus provides a part number. I paid $250 apiece for each light.

Third comes the hard part of finding the upper grill. I used car-parts.com and located a dismantler who would sell and ship the F sport upper grille to me for the price of $250.

Fourth the bumper- I decided to use a F sport bumper I found on eBay which was painted the same color as my truck. In hindsight I would have ordered a bumper off of eBay and had it painting for 150.

Fifth the bumper tow hook cover's will have to be painted and ordered more likely from eBay or a local Lexus dealer.
FYI I ordered all the other needed parts from my local Lexus dealer via online and I didn't have to pay for shipping because I picked up the parts at the dealership.

Sixth is the hard part wiring and Soldering wires which is needed to create your highbeam headlight harness and I also created my own plug-and-play adapters for the low beam and a separate adapter for the LED daytime running lights.
I decided to make the adapters instead of re-pin my OEM connectors to the 2013 connectors.

Seventh I had to use L-shaped brackets once I remove the ballast from the bottom of the 2010 Xeon headlights and mounted them onto the side of the 2013 headlights. There was a great video on youtube on how to remove the ballast. I did this to save money and wiring. Down the line I may convert over to the 2013 ballast if I find some on eBay at a price I like.

Eighth due to the F sport bumper having four parking sensors and the 2010 only having two functional front sensors I extended the wires for the two parking sensors to be functional in the center and ordered two additional parking sensors from eBay to mount on the side as dummy sensors. I never did like the fact that the sensors were aimed towards the side not the front where we really could've use them.

Ninth due to the fact that I have autofocus headlight I had to disconnect the module or ECM under the dashboard so that I don't get the message displayed on my dash.

10th you will have to replace the two side bumper mounting bracket's because the 2010 bumper extends into the headlight range more than the 2013 bumper does. There is a great video on YouTube on removing a late model or rx 350s bumper.

I didn't order that part I decided to simply trim the 2010 bumper brackets and it worked.

Also the trim around the radiator has to be trimmed back on the 2010 because the F sport grill sits closer to the radiator.
Old 03-12-20, 01:13 AM
atxroyboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight conversion Questions

I’m doing the f sport conversion on my 2010 with halogen headlights. As far as rewiring Which is the best and easiest headlight to convert to???
Old 05-15-20, 07:54 AM
DavidMc31
Driver School Candidate

Default Trying to do the same

Originally Posted by mcfancy
Not as in involved but came out well. Swapped out the upper grill on my '13
Im trying to do exactly this same mod in my RX450h mi only fear is that , I only found so far grilles for the RX350 and mine is a 450H and I don't know if the for it's the same :/ please help #newbie
Old 06-06-20, 11:34 PM
Airseabatt
Driver School Candidate

Default Where to take rx 350 for sports package grill conversion

I have the base 2013 rx 350 and I want to replace the whole grill for the f sports package grill. For those of you who have Had it professionally converted, where did you get it done? I can’t do it on my own and I need the application to look flawless. I am located in Las Vegas and would also like your opinion on a fair estimate for this procedure? Yes, I did use the search option and the posts I’ve seen seem to be from DIYers.
Old 06-07-20, 07:10 AM
Alphapidge
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Airseabatt
I have the base 2013 rx 350 and I want to replace the whole grill for the f sports package grill. For those of you who have Had it professionally converted, where did you get it done? I can’t do it on my own and I need the application to look flawless. I am located in Las Vegas and would also like your opinion on a fair estimate for this procedure? Yes, I did use the search option and the posts I’ve seen seem to be from DIYers.
Commenting so I can stay updated on price and information.
Old 06-19-20, 03:26 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

to those of you that have a 450h or asking if parts will fit. Yes it will bolt up....if you want to take the aftermarket approach , alibaba has the front end kit for 700ish....Comes with headlights, front, fog lights and all bumper pieces annd trim
The following users liked this post:
eg8693 (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 10:56 AM
eg8693
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
to those of you that have a 450h or asking if parts will fit. Yes it will bolt up....if you want to take the aftermarket approach , alibaba has the front end kit for 700ish....Comes with headlights, front, fog lights and all bumper pieces annd trim
hi Alexbenz, i have 2010 rx450h and want to change the front bumper to 2016 look, but keeping the original hid headlights. do you have a link or website to buy the 2016 front bumper?
NX200 (03-25-21)
Old 03-30-21, 01:01 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any guys in Boston MA can do this for a cost?
NX200 (03-30-21)
Old 04-26-21, 02:45 AM
AceSpades
Driver School Candidate

Default Automatic high beam system

Finished the conversion on a 2010 RX350. Two things have come up with sorting the conversion. Firstly is the automatic high beam system which flashes on the cluster while driving and is an annoyance to see at night. Second is the corner orange parking lights which do not work on either headlight. Looking to see if anyone has a suggestion about these issues. The parking lights are not a necessity in my mind but it would be nice to get them working.
Old 07-24-21, 08:58 PM
Hoze3742
Driver School Candidate

Default F Sport Grill,

Originally Posted by rmhipo
Hopefully someone will make an aftermarket F Sport and standard 2013/2014 grill. Lexus made it a little harder to replicate since the new grill ties into the bumper.
I have the RX 350, and I would like to change my grill to the F sport. could u tell me what I need to change to F sport?
Old 09-24-21, 07:27 AM
Colorado13
6th Gear

Default Front Bumper Conversion to F-Sport

Hello;

I was recently in an accident that resulted in having to have my front end replaced, bumper, grill, lights. etc. Wanted to know if anyone would have the knowledge of if I can have the standard front end replaced with the F-Sport front end. From what I can find out it should be easily done as it is the same body, chassis/frame, etc.

Thanks,

Colorado
Old 11-14-21, 12:42 PM
martun
Driver School Candidate

Default Problem with splash shield

Hey guys,

I've been doing this same modifications with my car here in Armenia, I have a problem. The splash shield under the engine is shorter for 2010 version compared to F-Sport, so there's a hold under the front bumper. I believe I need to order a new splash shield, yet I can't find the part number. If anyone could help, that would be great. You can see I have a few clips not used under the bumper, and because of it when I driver faster than 100-120 km/hour the bumper starts to vibrate.

If anyone knows the part number I'm missing, please help, I really need it.

Taking your initial photos, what I need to know is where do these parts connect to?

Last edited by martun; 11-14-21 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Adding additional photo
Old 11-16-21, 03:40 PM
AceSpades
Driver School Candidate

Default Air duct part number

Originally Posted by martun
Hey guys,

I've been doing this same modifications with my car here in Armenia, I have a problem. The splash shield under the engine is shorter for 2010 version compared to F-Sport, so there's a hold under the front bumper. I believe I need to order a new splash shield, yet I can't find the part number. If anyone could help, that would be great. You can see I have a few clips not used under the bumper, and because of it when I driver faster than 100-120 km/hour the bumper starts to vibrate.

If anyone knows the part number I'm missing, please help, I really need it.

Taking your initial photos, what I need to know is where do these parts connect to?

There seems to multiple components that fill in that gap but the largest section is filled in and reinforced by this air duct 53872-0E010. In order to mount its upper tabs I had to drill into the crash support and use plastic push clips to hold it in. Once mounted the bumper will become much more solidly mounted. The smaller sections on the side I have not yet found a part number for.
Old 01-06-22, 01:43 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Bump... has anyone circumvented the Headlight/other warnings with simply clearing them using Techstream?

Kinda thinking about a 2012 that needs a front end, and it would be a good candidate for a conversion...

I tried asking for access to hte one file on google and it keeps getting denied
Old 06-15-22, 01:50 PM
FirstOne23
5th Gear

Default F Sport Bumper Swap

Hey all,
I have a ‘15 RX 450h and I want to swap the front bumper and grill to the F Sport front end. My local Lexus dealer is struggling finding P/N’s for the F Sport bumper and grill, any chance anyone on here has that info handy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
RadiantX45 (06-17-22)

Quick Reply: Done! 2013 Fsport conversion on 2010