RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Finalizing RX 350

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 06:37 AM
chemister
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@fre3way3 No, it does not include all those. With all the extra charges, the final out the door number was 38.1k. According to the build sheet it was 51K new and had about $9k in upgrades. The dealer threw in a lexus factory all weather mats.

According to truecar, edmunds, and KBB this was a very good deal. But looking at your numbers I am thinking that may not be the case. So clearly yours deal is better I think. Mine has lower miles and more upgrades.

Bought at Germain Lexus, Columbus, OH.
Old 02-28-16, 05:45 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any 'easy' value of CPO? I'm looking at a 2015, with nav, towing, premium dvd, 19" wheels, comfort package, for $35-35.5k (non-CPO). I feel pretty good buying it, since it has 31 months of warranty left. Mileage is a little high, at 26k, but I won't drive it more than 5k/year.

Also, any place to find a build printout?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-16, 03:38 PM
TREE1006
Driver School Candidate

Default not a great price

YOU SAY -I'm in the process of finalizing a CPO 2013 RX 350 with 33k miles for 35,382 out the door price. The dealer isn't going below this price. How good of a deal is this? Some of you mentioned asking for accessories. Is there anything in particular I should ask for?
Not a great price..I just bought 2014 RX350 loaded..got add ons of side moundings and the plastic shield protector in front of car and the door guards and mileage is 4,500 thats 4,500 ..under 5,000 miles and I paid 35,000.
Old 03-10-16, 08:17 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TREE1006
YOU SAY -I'm in the process of finalizing a CPO 2013 RX 350 with 33k miles for 35,382 out the door price. The dealer isn't going below this price. How good of a deal is this? Some of you mentioned asking for accessories. Is there anything in particular I should ask for?
Not a great price..I just bought 2014 RX350 loaded..got add ons of side moundings and the plastic shield protector in front of car and the door guards and mileage is 4,500 thats 4,500 ..under 5,000 miles and I paid 35,000.
And where did you find this deal? Was your car CPO?
Old 03-10-16, 08:33 AM
airboss
Pit Crew

I'm picking up a 2015 FWD, 26.5 miles, Nav, Towing, Premium, parking assist, Alloy wheels, etc.... $35.5, all fees....
Old 03-10-16, 05:18 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by airboss
I'm picking up a 2015 FWD, 26.5 miles, Nav, Towing, Premium, parking assist, Alloy wheels, etc.... $35.5, all fees....

i think you got a great deal. I am looking at 2013 31.5 miles, Nav, Towing, Premium, parking assist, Alloy wheels, etc... they want $35.5K and will not come off any. I think they are crazy. I show them KBB value at 31-33K. But they didn't care. oh well on to the next dealer.
Old 03-10-16, 06:01 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000zr
i think you got a great deal. I am looking at 2013 31.5 miles, Nav, Towing, Premium, parking assist, Alloy wheels, etc... they want $35.5K and will not come off any. I think they are crazy. I show them KBB value at 31-33K. But they didn't care. oh well on to the next dealer.
They are definitely nuts, I got mine with the same package and 19" chrome wheels and 16k miles for 31K and I thought I could have done better.
Old 03-14-16, 08:29 AM
TREE1006
Driver School Candidate

Default car price and Mats

Where did I get mine..I went to the show room and pick it out brand new, 2014, loaded, then made them do any add on's there were, the body side moldings, VentureShield, (the plastic film so no paint dings from the road, etc) by the time I was done the list was over 53,000 I believe, if not more I kept saying what else is there? (lexus wheel and tire ins, got it) Then I said whats the prices for buy and lease, looked at all the info and noticed the low buyout (35,000) I thought that was interesting as there was a certified used they had shown me that the prices was higher and older so, thought about it and said....I'll lease it (306.00 a month) and drove it for two years (so I could have lower car payments) but, at the time I knew I was going to buy it, now its two years later the car looks brand new, people think it is and it has 4,500 miles and I remembered my buyout said 35,000, 3 weeks ago, I contact a few places including Edmunds online car and here is what they said --- I was able to appraise your Lexus, and since it has every option, the price is up. In a private party sale, you're looking at a value of $41,973. If you were to replace this vehicle and buy another one at a dealer (certified), it would cost you $44,404. So, there is a ton of equity here, and this vehicle is an absolutely safe purchase.- This is just this past two weeks by the way...So I contact my bank and told them and they were very happy to give me a loan, it took them 15 min to say yes, I had my last Lexus RX300 for 13 years, So, I knew my next lexus would be a long time car that is why I loaded it up when I pick it out and I am in hopes I have this one a while too, a side note, I am glad I did this I do not like the 2016 and on Car Mats, I did not like the Lexus ones so I had mine custom made the price is reasonable and they are not like the ones that came with the car these are luxury and don't have that heavy rubber that smells and is not good for your health by the way. Here is where I got them check out the site and if anyone knows where I can sell my brand new 2014 car mats I took them out the day I bought the car now looking to sell them anyone know where I can do that? .also GG Bailey the Mat company, this mat company sends you free samples too a great company to deal with. https://www.ggbailey.com/ggbailey/pa...grid.........I mean really you guys are putting rubber and tough plastic mats in a Lexus, your in a luxury car, put in luxury Mats!! https://www.ggbailey.com/ggbailey/pa...x.grid-Elegant, luxurious heavy weight carpet
Woven carpets are 100% polypropylene fiber for superior stain resistance
Two-tone mats are produced from 100% nylon that meets factory specifications
Matching serged edge
Specially engineered backing to prevent mat movement
Ready to ship in 2 business days

Last edited by kitlz; 03-14-16 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-15-16, 11:12 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TREE1006
Where did I get mine..I went to the show room and pick it out brand new, 2014, loaded, then made them do any add on's there were, the body side moldings, VentureShield, (the plastic film so no paint dings from the road, etc) by the time I was done the list was over 53,000 I believe, if not more I kept saying what else is there? (lexus wheel and tire ins, got it) Then I said whats the prices for buy and lease, looked at all the info and noticed the low buyout (35,000) I thought that was interesting as there was a certified used they had shown me that the prices was higher and older so, thought about it and said....I'll lease it (306.00 a month) and drove it for two years (so I could have lower car payments) but, at the time I knew I was going to buy it, now its two years later the car looks brand new, people think it is and it has 4,500 miles and I remembered my buyout said 35,000, 3 weeks ago, I contact a few places including Edmunds online car and here is what they said --- I was able to appraise your Lexus, and since it has every option, the price is up. In a private party sale, you're looking at a value of $41,973. If you were to replace this vehicle and buy another one at a dealer (certified), it would cost you $44,404. So, there is a ton of equity here, and this vehicle is an absolutely safe purchase.- This is just this past two weeks by the way...So I contact my bank and told them and they were very happy to give me a loan, it took them 15 min to say yes, I had my last Lexus RX300 for 13 years, So, I knew my next lexus would be a long time car that is why I loaded it up when I pick it out and I am in hopes I have this one a while too, a side note, I am glad I did this I do not like the 2016 and on Car Mats, I did not like the Lexus ones so I had mine custom made the price is reasonable and they are not like the ones that came with the car these are luxury and don't have that heavy rubber that smells and is not good for your health by the way. Here is where I got them check out the site and if anyone knows where I can sell my brand new 2014 car mats I took them out the day I bought the car now looking to sell them anyone know where I can do that? .also GG Bailey the Mat company, this mat company sends you free samples too a great company to deal with. https://www.ggbailey.com/ggbailey/pa...grid.........I mean really you guys are putting rubber and tough plastic mats in a Lexus, your in a luxury car, put in luxury Mats!! https://www.ggbailey.com/ggbailey/pa...x.grid-Elegant, luxurious heavy weight carpet
Woven carpets are 100% polypropylene fiber for superior stain resistance
Two-tone mats are produced from 100% nylon that meets factory specifications
Matching serged edge
Specially engineered backing to prevent mat movement
Ready to ship in 2 business days
So you basically leased a brand new car and when the lease expired, you bought it out? At the end, you still need to consider the total price paid for lease as well. Otherwise, I could say I'm getting a 2016 RX for 35k after leasing it for 2 years as well
Old 03-15-16, 11:13 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s2000zr
Is this the price of the car or the out the door price?
Old 03-15-16, 11:14 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by airboss
That's a really nice deal. Is the car CPO and where are you getting it from?
Old 03-15-16, 11:16 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rj4510
They are definitely nuts, I got mine with the same package and 19" chrome wheels and 16k miles for 31K and I thought I could have done better.
What was your listing price for the car?
Old 03-15-16, 12:20 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by fre3way3
What was your listing price for the car?
33K, but went down to 31K + taxes, fees, etc. that put me right back to 33 OTD.
Old 03-15-16, 02:18 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by fre3way3
That's a really nice deal. Is the car CPO and where are you getting it from?
No, it is not a CPO car.... I bought it at a Ford dealer south of Oklahoma City.

I travel there for work and started looking. They were asking $37.5k and it took us two weeks to get to the final price (it was, according to them, $35.2, plus $300 in fees - but I just ignore the fee crap). I looked all over the country and didn't find anything any better. I got close a couple of times, but it was the color I wanted, features I wanted, one owner, all Lexus maintenance, etc. The only reason he traded it was to get a high$$ pickup to pull a camper.

I actually started looking at 2013's, in the $33k range, but figured this was a better deal, being a 2015. It may run a little high on mileage, but I won't drive it more than 5k/6k/year, so when I go to sell it ought to be average or low. Figured, right or wrong, I was paying a couple grand extra for a new vehicle with a couple years warranty availability.

There were a coupe of Lexus dealers that tried to get close, but most were at least three grand higher. Reading here, and personally, I didn't find that value in the CPO.
Old 03-21-16, 12:38 PM
TREE1006
Driver School Candidate

YOUR WRONG.. Basically I bought a 53,000 car for 42,400 that included all the lease payments and fees...So , did get a good deal

Quick Reply: Finalizing RX 350