RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Paint flaking off grille - 2013 RX

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16, 02:08 PM
mlpohio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advise I will keep you posted on how is goes at the lexus dealer.
Old 12-19-16, 10:58 AM
mlpohio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Paint Flaking off Grille - RX 2013

Well I have been back to the Lexus dealer in NE Ohio and I feel like I am getting the run around. The service Mgr. said that he has done everything that they can on his end and that I would have to deal directly with Lexus Customer Service [LCS]. I have called LCS and placed a service claim via the phone with a very nice lady "not the lady that called back all down hill from here". LCS returned my call as they said they would in about 2 days. This lady basically told me that the my dealer made a report with pictures that said it was due to outside source. She then went on to say that the District Parts and Service Manager for the Central Area what she calls " The Highest Level " rejected the claim. I went on to tell her that since this is an on going issue with paint adhering to the grille on the 2013 RX based on reports of grilles that had the same issue and were replaced by Lexus. I told both my Lexus dealer and LCS that yes I do not denied there were outside source but the grille should able to with stand stone ,bugs, road salt etc. without the paint flaking off. This was the 3rd RX that I have owned and never had this issue. They both told me that my source "CLUB LEXUS " could not be verified and the Local dealer toss the email back at me after I showed him the source. I told the lady from LCS if she could give me an email or contact for the District Parts and Service Manager for the Central Area what she calls " The Highest Level ". she said no she was no allowed . So where do I go from here ? I told her that i was very unhappy with how Lexus has handled this issue and that I have always spoke very highly of Lexus Customer Service.but now i am thinking twice about Lexus. Her reply was sorry to her that but case closed by the " The Highest Level'.
Can anyone please help with any point of contact that may help me resolve this issue.
THANKS!!!
Old 12-20-16, 07:28 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by mlpohio
Well I have been back to the Lexus dealer in NE Ohio and I feel like I am getting the run around. The service Mgr. said that he has done everything that they can on his end and that I would have to deal directly with Lexus Customer Service [LCS]. I have called LCS and placed a service claim via the phone with a very nice lady "not the lady that called back all down hill from here". LCS returned my call as they said they would in about 2 days. This lady basically told me that the my dealer made a report with pictures that said it was due to outside source. She then went on to say that the District Parts and Service Manager for the Central Area what she calls " The Highest Level " rejected the claim. I went on to tell her that since this is an on going issue with paint adhering to the grille on the 2013 RX based on reports of grilles that had the same issue and were replaced by Lexus. I told both my Lexus dealer and LCS that yes I do not denied there were outside source but the grille should able to with stand stone ,bugs, road salt etc. without the paint flaking off. This was the 3rd RX that I have owned and never had this issue. They both told me that my source "CLUB LEXUS " could not be verified and the Local dealer toss the email back at me after I showed him the source. I told the lady from LCS if she could give me an email or contact for the District Parts and Service Manager for the Central Area what she calls " The Highest Level ". she said no she was no allowed . So where do I go from here ? I told her that i was very unhappy with how Lexus has handled this issue and that I have always spoke very highly of Lexus Customer Service.but now i am thinking twice about Lexus. Her reply was sorry to her that but case closed by the " The Highest Level'.
Can anyone please help with any point of contact that may help me resolve this issue.
THANKS!!!
I don't know why your having so much trouble getting this resolved with the dealer. I had zero trouble with my local dealer showing them it was a flaw in paint adhesion and they replaced it within the week. Are you still under warranty? You can PM me if you'd like and I can give you info. on my warranty claim and which dealer replaced the grill on my 14RX.
Old 12-20-16, 11:47 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

FYI the F sport grills on the 2016 RX's are also peeling