RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-20, 02:44 PM
LexusCJW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper blade inserts

I'm looking for the best place to buy parts for my RX 350 in Canada. I simply want replacements rubber Inserts for my wiper blades. Any ideas?
Old 11-20-20, 04:03 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 411 Likes on 328 Posts

Any Toyota dealership parts department should sell the inserts.
Old 02-21-21, 07:33 AM
tumbler
Driver School Candidate

Default Wiper mistake - revert from aftermarket to OEM

Hi CL, I have a 3rd gen (2013) RX350. A few years ago, I made the boneheaded decision to replace my original front wipers with some aftermarket Michelin wipers, and discarded the original arms. The aftermarket ones never performed like the OEM ones. I replaced them once or twice, checked the fit, but they always have some amount of rubbing/shuddering in light rain, and streaking in heavy rain.

At this point, I’d like to just go back to the originals, but I’m having trouble locating the correct parts. I see
these these
online, but there is a note that says “These blades will not accept factory refills”

Are these different from the originals (which I thought took factory refills)? Does anyone know the part number I should be looking for to put the original front blades back on, or a recommendation for where to buy them? Lastly, if anyone has had long-term success with an aftermarket wiper on a 3rd gen RX, I’d be happy for any tips in that direction as well.

I appreciate the help.
Old 02-21-21, 07:52 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,163 Likes on 991 Posts

You cannot trust Amazon to properly identify your parts. You have to always confirm the part numbers elsewhere.

Just buy them from one of the online OEM Lexus parts dealers such as the link below. Note this link is for 2013 NAP (Canada) made RX models. If your VIN starts with a J then you have a Japanese vehicle and need to go through their menus to find the ones for your vehicle as I am unsure if they are the same part, although I suspect they are. https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...eld_wiper.html

Or go to your local Lexus dealer parts department and they will sell them to you.

I will add that the OEM suppliers to Lexus for wiper blades including the frame are Trico and Denso. You can find them online at RockAuto or elsewhere and visually match the model that looks like your OEM blade. That is what I am running. I bought 6 pairs of Trico blades for each of my vehicles during a closeout sale a few years
ago.

At this link look at the Trico - Exact Fit Factory Replacement.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...per+blade,8852

Last edited by Clutchless; 02-21-21 at 07:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hayk (02-21-21)
Old 02-22-21, 07:33 AM
tumbler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Just buy them from one of the online OEM Lexus parts dealers such as the link below. Note this link is for 2013 NAP (Canada) made RX models. If your VIN starts with a J then you have a Japanese vehicle and need to go through their menus to find the ones for your vehicle as I am unsure if they are the same part, although I suspect they are. https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...eld_wiper.html
Thanks for the help. The only thing I'm struggling with now is that Lexus shows 2 different models for the front left side blade. Even after I configure all of the options for my car on different parts sites (2013 Lexus RX350 NAP, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission; GGL15L-CWTGKA), they all leave me with 2 left front blade part options:

85222-0E020 (MARK : LB2, Part Name Code:85222A)
85222-0T030 (MARK : LB0, Part Name Code: 85222A)

The diagram on the main Lexus Parts website (https://parts.lexus.com/a/Lexus__/63...3420-8501.html) shows an arrow pointing to the front left blade and the word "MARK" above that. Do you think that means that I need to check the current OEM blade (which I no longer have) to see if it is was the MARK LB2 or MARK LB0 part? I can't seem to find anything else to explain the difference between those 2 part numbers. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this? I appreciate the help so far with my admittedly lame questions.
Old 02-22-21, 11:03 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by tumbler
Thanks for the help. The only thing I'm struggling with now is that Lexus shows 2 different models for the front left side blade. Even after I configure all of the options for my car on different parts sites (2013 Lexus RX350 NAP, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission; GGL15L-CWTGKA), they all leave me with 2 left front blade part options:

85222-0E020 (MARK : LB2, Part Name Code:85222A)
85222-0T030 (MARK : LB0, Part Name Code: 85222A)

The diagram on the main Lexus Parts website (https://parts.lexus.com/a/Lexus__/63...3420-8501.html) shows an arrow pointing to the front left blade and the word "MARK" above that. Do you think that means that I need to check the current OEM blade (which I no longer have) to see if it is was the MARK LB2 or MARK LB0 part? I can't seem to find anything else to explain the difference between those 2 part numbers. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this? I appreciate the help so far with my admittedly lame questions.

This is what came on my 2015 and is what I replaced it with. In addition to the 22 inch mate.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by iolmaster; 02-22-21 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-22-21, 04:20 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,163 Likes on 991 Posts

tumbler - either blade should fit your wiper arm. All RXs use the standard J hook end for wiper blade mounting. The parts number differences are probably minor differences or supplier differences.

I would just buy the Denso blade in the link provided by iolmaster. On that Amazon page they also list the 22 inch blade so you can just check the box to buy both.
Old 02-23-21, 12:49 PM
tumbler
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help everyone. The all-in price difference between the Denso set on Amazon and the Lexus-branded ones from lexuspartsnow is only about $7. It's actually $0 difference if I buy from one of the Lexus dealers on eBay. I think I'll just get the Lexus-branded ones to satisfy my OCD about getting the original blades back on there, even though there is no difference. I never imagined the plain original blades would be so much better than the aftermarket options. Anyways, thanks for the help!
Old 05-05-21, 09:37 AM
cognus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Wiper blades 2021 you LOVE?

went through some old threads looking for wiper blades but the results are really muddled, the local Toyota dealer admits they sell "value line" blades and he has no idea if they are good or bad, and the online reviews I read are really confused - like diametrically opposing comments about the blades on the exact same models RX...

I would LOVE your comments on actual real live-fire experience with some blades that work well. My specific year is 2013 RX350...

thanks all
C
Old 05-05-21, 10:05 AM
iolmaster
Racer

I have been using the Denso Low profile for years. It is what most new Lexus cars come with from the factory. They can be refilled if you chose. I'm lazy, so I just replace.
The link below is the length for a SC430. Just get the right length for the RX. This is what was on my 2015 new.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by iolmaster; 05-05-21 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-05-21, 11:31 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 411 Likes on 328 Posts

I purchase just the inserts at our local Toyota dealership. Last time I purchased a pair they were $10 per side. They tend to last about two years here. The quality is fairly good.
Old 05-05-21, 02:42 PM
cognus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default update May 2021 - Are there any good ones?

anyone have a brand recommendation? there are no brand stamps or markings on the ones I took off - I tried RAinX which have a lot of ratings on amazon but no good.
Bosch has a lot of criticism relative to lexus...
the Toyota dealer says his are 'a value line' of uncertain parentage
??
Old 05-06-21, 05:53 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Originally Posted by cognus
anyone have a brand recommendation? there are no brand stamps or markings on the ones I took off - I tried RAinX which have a lot of ratings on amazon but no good.
Bosch has a lot of criticism relative to lexus...
the Toyota dealer says his are 'a value line' of uncertain parentage
??
If they are OEM they are likely Denso low profile. There is no Denso trademark anywhere I could find on the originals or the ones I purchased as replacements.
Old 05-06-21, 08:12 AM
Non
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Instead of looking for a good brand, look for the material the wiper is made of.

Rubber vs. silicone.

Find a wiper blade that is silicone, and you'll be happy. They last at least two years, they don't squick and don't chatter.

I still have the wiper blades that came with my Lexus, but I get new OEM silicone inserts when they wear out. I just ordered a set of inserts, front and back, $29 including shipping and taxes.

The manufacturers push the rubber wiper blades because they don't last very long, and within a year you'll be buying again.

Old 05-06-21, 02:57 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Non
Instead of looking for a good brand, look for the material the wiper is made of.

Rubber vs. silicone.

Find a wiper blade that is silicone, and you'll be happy. They last at least two years, they don't squick and don't chatter.

I still have the wiper blades that came with my Lexus, but I get new OEM silicone inserts when they wear out. I just ordered a set of inserts, front and back, $29 including shipping and taxes.

The manufacturers push the rubber wiper blades because they don't last very long, and within a year you'll be buying again.
Do you have a link to what you ordered?

Quick Reply: Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)