RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bone picking - what's your complain for RX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16 | 07:40 PM
nelsonsc
Driver School Candidate

Default It's a Nanny Car

It refuses any change to the NAV and greatly restricts the USB interface when the car is in motion. My AUDI lets me do what I want when I'm driving as if I were an adult. Another thing, the display on my AUDI between the gauges doubles up most of the display on the NAV and acts as a turn warning, so I can do most everything by glancing down rather than way over to the NAV screen. The display between the gauges on the RX is useless.
Old 03-25-16 | 04:48 AM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Unfortunately in the Lexus you have to get heads up display to get the turn warnings. One of my minor beefs is the horrible gas mileage in city driving. I knew it was a v6 but I thought I'd get close to EPA. I get 14 to 16 mpg.

Last edited by CanadianRX; 03-25-16 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-25-16 | 07:02 AM
lex_rx
Intermediate

Windshield washer nozzle should be aimed higher.

I have a 2011 touring with NAV and it has an eyeglass holder unless I'm supposed to put something else there. :-)
Old 03-25-16 | 07:53 AM
tincan13
Driver

My major complaints are:
1. no options to change colors on Nav. system
2. Location of Cruise Control controls (lever similar to turn signal lever).
Old 03-25-16 | 11:40 AM
carguy75
Advanced

Originally Posted by lex_rx
Windshield washer nozzle should be aimed higher.

I have a 2011 touring with NAV and it has an eyeglass holder unless I'm supposed to put something else there. :-)
LOL.

You got a sunglass holder because you do not have the Lexus emergency button(similar to Onstar) that take up the space where the sunglass holder is located.

I thought that all Lexus RX has the feature until I checked and see that it is only on certain packages(Premium I think) like the one I have unfortunately.
Old 03-25-16 | 12:44 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by carguy75
LOL.

You got a sunglass holder because you do not have the Lexus emergency button(similar to Onstar) that take up the space where the sunglass holder is located.

I thought that all Lexus RX has the feature until I checked and see that it is only on certain packages(Premium I think) like the one I have unfortunately.
I'd rather have the holder....
Old 03-25-16 | 01:02 PM
ericsan13
Racer

LOL.

I have 2010 w/Premium Package and I have the sunglasses holder
Old 03-25-16 | 05:38 PM
charley95
Pole Position

I have a 14 and wished I got the luxury pkg. with the thigh extender. I hate the seats!
Old 03-26-16 | 05:04 AM
carguy75
Advanced

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I have 2010 w/Premium Package and I have the sunglasses holder
Crap.

I guess the Lexus SOS is a stand-alone option.

I am the second owner, but I know that my RX has most features except the sport,luxury,tow package features.

I wished I did not have the SOS button in place of the sunglasses holder or better had both.

However, I must admit that the SOS button would the most useful if something bad does happen.

Do you have the SOS button?

Edit:

I may be wrong about the RX not having a sun glass holder with SOS.

When I get a chance to check my RX i will see if i over looked it.

I just looked at pictures of a 2010 and the eye glass holder is in the front of the roof panel closer to the windshield however i did not see a SOS button.

I just assumed that the SOS button and speaker replaced the eye glass holder since most cars i have owned place the eye glass-holder away from the windshield.

Lexus roof console is pretty busy with having the interior lights,home-link,SOS,etc.

Many cars i remember owning had the home-link in the visor or rear view mirror.

Last edited by carguy75; 03-26-16 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-26-16 | 05:27 AM
airboss
Pit Crew

\
However, I must admit that the SOS button would the most useful if something bad does happen.
Yeah, after I typed what I did, I thought 'well, if I ever need it, I'll probably be glad I have it.

That being said, I'm wondering, is that a life-time deal, or do I have to pay something to have them answer when i push the button? I'm the second owner and haven't subscribed to any of the services.
Old 03-26-16 | 05:45 AM
carguy75
Advanced

Originally Posted by airboss
Yeah, after I typed what I did, I thought 'well, if I ever need it, I'll probably be glad I have it.

That being said, I'm wondering, is that a life-time deal, or do I have to pay something to have them answer when i push the button? I'm the second owner and haven't subscribed to any of the services.
Good question.

I never pressed the button to see if it is connected, but I assume that it is like Onstar and needs to be subscribed to monthly.
Old 03-26-16 | 07:27 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

My complaint is no A/C button, it annoys me having to go into the main menu for this.
Old 03-27-16 | 12:21 PM
jdshaw
Rookie

Originally Posted by Westsai
Hi all
I'm switching to 3rd Gen RX350 soon due to family need, looking to get a fully loaded AWD model.

I just want to hear your thoughts,
Being the #1 SUV (or so people claimed),
what's the biggest complain that you have with your RX?

Thanks
2015:
No A/C button
Mediocre backup camera
Clunky navigation
Cruise control: Stupid place. No set speed indicator "Set" replaces other information.

Old 03-27-16 | 01:52 PM
iginoc
Rookie

2010 AWD 450h RX:
- no A/C on/off button, and no sunglasses compartment: my half-of-the-price 2010 Prius does have both;
- the iPhone interface is very poor and limited in functions (as well as the one of my Prius, tough)
- harsh ride on bumpy roads (but this may be caused by wear of shock absorbers)
- I wish it had some room under the cargo compartment for the things that now roll up and down in the cargo area, like emergency equipments, medical kit etc
- slow boot: under penalty of having to return the handle in P, you cannot switch to D until the boot is complete, and a chime is emitted by the ECU. I wish it had the same fast boot of my 2010 Prius... and the same joystick, instead of the "old fashion" and slow gear lever.
- adaptive CC is nice, but should be less abrupt during accelerations when the road is clear;
- boys this car is heavy... Lexus should use alloy for hood, hatchback and doors, as some German manufacturer does for similarly priced SUV. An heavy car is slower, requires more space to stop and pollutes more.
Old 03-27-16 | 03:46 PM
Wxm
6th Gear

(1) 2012 Blue tooth connection does not read address book.
(2) cheap wheel bearing. I expect car like this uses roller wheel bearing instead of ball bearing.
(3) cut short on front suspension, no wish bone or upper control arm.

Last edited by Wxm; 03-27-16 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Bone picking - what's your complain for RX?