RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Need help regarding model packages ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-17, 06:03 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help regarding model packages ASAP!!!

Hello all,

We requested for transfer a 2015 rx350 yesterday and now I am wondering if it actually has the packages I was looking for. It lists "sports package" but does not list comfort, premium nor luxury package. I misread the specifications section, which listed all the packages, as inclusive to the individual vehicle. But, I'm confused. What is the sports package? Is it different from F-sport? I tried going on lexus website and there is no sports package for base model. If I try to build an F-sport, it doesn't let me choose any of the other packages, and makes it sound like the features of the other packages are already included with the F-sport package.

Would appreciate a response ASAP so we can cancel the transfer if necessary. There isn't any info on this anywhere on the web.
Old 04-03-17, 07:27 PM
Raoul
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

There was a 'Sport Appearance Package' which consisted of:
19-inch split five-spoke wheels with Superchrome finish
F SPORT front bumper

No other packages were required to get this one so it may be all the car has.
Old 04-04-17, 12:06 AM
hsmac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Raoul
There was a 'Sport Appearance Package' which consisted of:
19-inch split five-spoke wheels with Superchrome finish
F SPORT front bumper

No other packages were required to get this one so it may be all the car has.
Thanks. The car has perforated seats and I was told that that is synonymous with premium package. I haven't seen a single rx of this year without perforations though... are there non perforated seats?

Last edited by hsmac; 04-04-17 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-04-17, 01:26 AM
hsmac
Pole Position

I found the brochure for the 2015 and if anyone can help answer I'd appreciate it.

Is blind spot monitor only available with the premium/luxury package, meaning if it has blind spot it has at least one of those packages? The heated and a/c seats makes me think they are also ventilated and that the car may also have the comfort package if it has these.

Here are the vehicle's features and this is the link to the brochure: http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...X-Brochure.pdf
  • A/C Seat(s)
  • ABS Brakes
  • Air Conditioning
  • Alloy Wheels
  • AM/FM Stereo
  • Automatic Transmission
  • Auxiliary Audio Input
  • Blind Spot Monitor
  • Bluetooth
  • CD Audio
  • Cruise Control
  • Front Seat Heaters
  • Full Roof Rack
  • Leather Seats
  • Memory Seat(s)
  • Navigation System
  • Overhead Airbags
  • Parking Sensors
  • Power Liftgate/DeckLid
  • Power Locks
  • Power Mirrors
  • Power Seat(s)
  • Power Windows
  • Rear Defroster
  • Rear View Camera
  • Satellite Radio Ready
  • Side Airbags
  • SiriusXM Trial Avail
  • Smart Key
  • Sport Package
  • Sunroof(s)
  • Traction Control
Old 04-04-17, 01:43 PM
phlorida
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are the package listings from that brochure, the BSM is included with the Premium Package. The Luxury Package includes the Premium Package which is the source of confusion. My 2015 RX has all of these except the Rear Seat Entertainment Package and also includes most of the individual options and also the towing package which isn't in the brochure.

NAVIGATION PACKAGE Navigation System24 // Remote Touch4 device // Voice command // Highresolution color LCD display // Integrated wide-view backup camera // Enhanced Bluetooth® technology // Single-disc DVD/CD player // Compatible mobile-phone integration // Lexus Enform8 with Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription included // Lexus Enform Application Suite8 with Bing,™ iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable,® Pandora,® Yelp® and Facebook Places // NavTraffic, NavWeather, Fuel Prices and Sports and Stocks from SiriusXM. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription included

REAR-SEAT ENTERTAINMENT/NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE (Includes Navigation Package) + High-resolution LED dual-screen DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) // Wireless headphones // Audio/video inputs // Two-prong AC power outlet

PREMIUM PACKAGE Perforated leather-trimmed interior // Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel // Rear-armrest storage compartment with cover // Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade // Power-folding electrochromic (auto-dimming) heated outside mirrors // Roof rails (not available on RXh FWD) // Available Blind Spot Monitor

COMFORT PACKAGE Heated and ventilated front seats // High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto leveling and LED foglamps // Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers

LUXURY PACKAGE (Includes Premium Package) + Semi-aniline leather-trimmed interior // Heated wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift **** // Front-seat power cushion extenders // LED-illuminated front door sills // Headlamp washers // 19-in triple-split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Light Gray finish and 235/55VR19 all-season tires // Smog-sensing automatic recirculation mode for climate-control system // Two-prong AC power outlet // Available Blind Spot Monitor

INDIVIDUAL OPTIONS Mark Levinson 15-speaker 330-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System10 with DVD/CD player // Heads-up Display // Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift **** // Heated and ventilated front seats // HighIntensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto leveling and LED foglamps // LED headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and LED foglamps (RXh AWD) // 19- inch triple-split-five-spoke alloy wheels7 with Light Gray finish // Intuitive Parking Assist // Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
Old 04-04-17, 10:10 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phlorida
Here are the package listings from that brochure, the BSM is included with the Premium Package. The Luxury Package includes the Premium Package which is the source of confusion. My 2015 RX has all of these except the Rear Seat Entertainment Package and also includes most of the individual options and also the towing package which isn't in the brochure.

NAVIGATION PACKAGE Navigation System24 // Remote Touch4 device // Voice command // Highresolution color LCD display // Integrated wide-view backup camera // Enhanced Bluetooth® technology // Single-disc DVD/CD player // Compatible mobile-phone integration // Lexus Enform8 with Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription included // Lexus Enform Application Suite8 with Bing,™ iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable,® Pandora,® Yelp® and Facebook Places // NavTraffic, NavWeather, Fuel Prices and Sports and Stocks from SiriusXM. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription included

REAR-SEAT ENTERTAINMENT/NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE (Includes Navigation Package) + High-resolution LED dual-screen DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) // Wireless headphones // Audio/video inputs // Two-prong AC power outlet

PREMIUM PACKAGE Perforated leather-trimmed interior // Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel // Rear-armrest storage compartment with cover // Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade // Power-folding electrochromic (auto-dimming) heated outside mirrors // Roof rails (not available on RXh FWD) // Available Blind Spot Monitor

COMFORT PACKAGE Heated and ventilated front seats // High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto leveling and LED foglamps // Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers

LUXURY PACKAGE (Includes Premium Package) + Semi-aniline leather-trimmed interior // Heated wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift **** // Front-seat power cushion extenders // LED-illuminated front door sills // Headlamp washers // 19-in triple-split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Light Gray finish and 235/55VR19 all-season tires // Smog-sensing automatic recirculation mode for climate-control system // Two-prong AC power outlet // Available Blind Spot Monitor

INDIVIDUAL OPTIONS Mark Levinson 15-speaker 330-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System10 with DVD/CD player // Heads-up Display // Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift **** // Heated and ventilated front seats // HighIntensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto leveling and LED foglamps // LED headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and LED foglamps (RXh AWD) // 19- inch triple-split-five-spoke alloy wheels7 with Light Gray finish // Intuitive Parking Assist // Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
so, if i have features such as moonroof, memory seats, roof rails, and these are not listed as individual options, as well as blind spot monitor which appears to require the premium or luxury package, then that means i have the premium package? the seats are perforated which the premium package includes, but i've yet to see an rx without perforated seats which makes me wonder if that is standard.

it seems like i should have the premium package, but not as sure about the comfort. the vehicle has heated a/c seats, but that appears to be an individual option as well.
Old 04-04-17, 11:39 PM
salimshah

Received 1,050 Likes on 948 Posts

When an order is placed by a customer or the dealer [dealership based on the local trend and markup, preorder vehicles], it is is called 'configuration'. Some items are bundled in packages and some are a la carte. Lexus is known for bundling and limiting choices [they give you better price for the options]. Other manufacturers like Benz will custom order down to seats.

Answer to your questions is best obtained from Lexus [dealer or customer service] by getting hold of the 'configuration as ordered/built'. Vin number is needed.

When you get that sheet, keep in mind the top will have the base features and then there will be overrides. Like mine says 18" wheels but in the later part it says 19" wheels.

Salim
The following users liked this post:
hsmac (04-07-17)
Old 04-05-17, 06:33 AM
Raoul
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm glad Salim is in a Third generation now.
The guy is gold.
Old 04-07-17, 01:55 AM
hsmac
Pole Position

called lexus and they indicated comfort and premium for my vehicle stoked.
Old 04-07-17, 12:34 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Agree with Salim,

If you go to any Lexus dealer, with a Lexus VIN, they shoudl be able to print out for you the Window Sticker for that car.
On that note they should also be able to get you the maintenance record (which you can also see online). Some dealers may block you on that though if that car is currently privatedly owned by someone else and isn't up for sale by a Dealer for privacy issues.

There may be some dealer-installed addins or swaps that occur prior/at delivery, often to do additional accessories, or to swap wheels or something like that.