RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Crystal eye v2 tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-17, 05:09 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Denzo
for any questions please contact me
Denzo,
Thanks for the great effort posting this pictures and definitely looks great. I purchased mine thru eBay with direct shipment from ********** (see photo box below) and it didn't come with installation instructions, i just don't want to do it blindly and do more damage, so i had a auto shop do it for me, unfortunately shop called and said the longest wire wasn't long enough to reach the hatch and installation was aborted, i got charged for labor for nothing, I would very much appreciated to install this myself if you don't mine sending me a copy of that japanese installation instructions you have. email address (ericands2007@gmail.com) Thanks alot.

Old 06-12-17, 12:09 PM
Denzo
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Installation Instructions

I hope it is allowed to publish the documents? (Otherwise (moderator) please delete, and sorry!)
For me, the documents (in original low quality, black and white) was not really helpful..., I have asked the supplier whether they are also available in English, No, just like they are.

Required time for the installation: 1 1/2 hours for left and right, a total of 3 hours (I think a professional needs 1.5 hours for everything).
Again: I would like to notice that it has at the rear of the lights, openings (It can be seen through the housing) It should be sealed ( I think of fly´s, mosquito´s, spyders and wet season ), Possibly at least I will seal with foam those big openings.
By the way: The letter "LEXUS" and "RX450h" and the logo I have removed = cleaned
Attached Files
File Type: zip
CristalEyeInstall PDF.zip (874.7 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by Denzo; 06-12-17 at 12:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vince22 (06-12-17)
Old 06-12-17, 02:29 PM
vince22
Intermediate

I hope it is allowed to publish the documents? (Otherwise (moderator) please delete, and sorry!)
For me, the documents (in original low quality, black and white) was not really helpful..., I have asked the supplier whether they are also available in English, No, just like they are.

Required time for the installation: 1 1/2 hours for left and right, a total of 3 hours (I think a professional needs 1.5 hours for everything).
Again: I would like to notice that it has at the rear of the lights, openings (It can be seen through the housing) It should be sealed ( I think of fly´s, mosquito´s, spyders and wet season ), Possibly at least I will seal with foam those big openings.
By the way: The letter "LEXUS" and "RX450h" and the logo I have removed = cleaned
thanks Denzo, this will help greatly. I will re-order mine and will post pictures as soon its ready, as far as rear openings from the lens i have noticed that too, i might put a bit thicker foam seals just to make sure no condensation/moisture will occur.
Old 06-26-17, 02:00 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Phamio,
Where did you order these CristalEye V2 Tail Lights ?

What about cost and custom taxes ?

Any address to share to order lights ?

Is this fit for RX450H 2015 ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Al
Old 06-26-17, 02:03 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Hi Vince22
If you get answer (instructions), can you share please ? Would be happy to install this.
For ordering the lights, did you use the commercial name on the cardboard box ?

Thanks
Al
Old 06-26-17, 06:47 AM
vince22
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alpy64
Hi Vince22
If you get answer (instructions), can you share please ? Would be happy to install this.
For ordering the lights, did you use the commercial name on the cardboard box ?

Thanks
Al
just grab the Denzo attached file posted above, I'm still looking how to install this step by step instructions without breaking any tabs, you can check eBay seller below for $359.00 but no instructions provided, they are all made in taiwan including from Japan sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Update-2010-2011-2012-Lexus-RX350-Red-LED-Tube-Tail-Lights-Lamps-Left-Right-4PCS-/361954749569?fits=Year%3A2010%7CMake%3ALexus%7CModel%3ARX350&hash=item54462f2c81:g:ZqcAAOSwAANY8ZqU&vxp=mtr

Last edited by vince22; 06-26-17 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-26-17, 11:50 AM
roy7777
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vince22
just grab the Denzo attached file posted above, I'm still looking how to install this step by step instructions without breaking any tabs, you can check eBay seller below for $359.00 but no instructions provided, they are all made in taiwan including from Japan sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Update-2010-...NY8ZqU&vxp=mtr
$359 is quite cheap I think, because the price I found in Taiwan for "V1" Tail Lights is about $600.
Old 06-27-17, 04:45 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Dear community, which one of you guys have installed CRYSTAL EYE LED TAIL LAMP looking like the back lights of the new RX IV but for the RX III ?

See link here (from a japanese spare parts' maker/supplier for Lexus)?

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/50790

Really amazing this supplier !

If yes, is there any issue with the cabling wiring (length) and particularly the wiring harness. Is it well designed for installation by Lexus car dealer (the workshop) or do we need to do the installation by a specialized electrical automotive workshop ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Alain
Old 06-27-17, 05:07 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Hi All,
You have the real effect on the video attached via the link here if you want to see how it impact your senses...

Bye
Old 06-28-17, 11:38 PM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Smile Possible meet?

A short Info before installation in about one week..

-Today the package has already arrived (very fast from japan to switzerland)!
-The customs/local Post Office has cost me another 90 dollars (I thought it would be 100-150), 90 Dollars ..aniway too much for do nothing!?
-The package is very good, around each component is a foil
-On the backside of the tail lights are not sealed, electronic Parts (Housing with open holes), I hope the seal on the housing holds the rain off, I know I will seal it with hot glue!
- The lights are heavy and feel stable.

I think positively

ok... more after install.

Hello Denzo
I am in Switzerland too (Geneva). Can we discuss on this installation and best way to order at best price ? I could see physically how it looks like. once installed on the RX (French speaking if you want).
Merci, Grützi, thank you
Old 06-28-17, 11:48 PM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Hi Denzo,
I really need to meet you and do the same for my RX 450h III
Please can you send the address for ordering form Japan to Switzerland (Geneva) ?
The wiring harness is well designed to switch from the original Lexus one ?
How long does it take to for the installation ?
Thx
Bonne journée
Old 07-03-17, 01:29 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

It is said on ebay that this is for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 RX. But what about 2015's RX ?
Old 07-08-17, 12:31 AM
Denzo
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi alpy64

i am in holidays, south france, marseillan plage

i can write back after two weeks.. till then you can read this forum treath... it tooks a lot of time...its all in it about order and install (japanparts.com, 3 hours install, plug n play ... etc.)

sunny greetings
Old 07-10-17, 01:55 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Hi alpy64

i am in holidays, south france, marseillan plage

i can write back after two weeks.. till then you can read this forum treath... it tooks a lot of time...its all in it about order and install (japanparts.com, 3 hours install, plug n play ... etc.)

sunny greetings
Bonjour Denzo
Lucky man !
Very funny: I spent the last 15 years living in Beziers and we moved to Annecy August 2015!!! ... and you are in Marseillan for vacations .... life is funny sometimes.

Thanks for the reply on the topic but yes, I have all information but still need to ask some questions since you did it. My RX is 2015, which year yours ?
Which Canton in Switzerland ? (I am working in Geneva, Vernier)

Bonnes vacances
Old 10-28-17, 08:24 AM
pascha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hy @Alpy64 and @Denzo.

Here is a German RX450h (11/2013) Driver. Are there any news about the V2 taillights? I cant find them on eBay neither japanparts.com.
Do you have any other seller?

Quick Reply: Crystal eye v2 tail lights