RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

C1433 anyone have any info

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-18 | 12:19 AM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Default C1433 anyone have any info

i have a 2015 rx350 (not under warranty) that has a C1433 it also has the traction light always on. I hooked up my scanner and it told me it was the steering angle sensor I replaced it and no change, it also shows my steering angle at 660 degrees. Anyone know where I go from here this light is driving me nuts.
Old 01-28-18 | 04:58 AM
Clutchless

You have a 2015 with so many miles on it that it is no longer under the powertrain warranty? It is for 70 months or 70,000 miles https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...urces/warranty

Regarielss, It may be time for professional diagnosis as just scanning and identifying the code source does not mean that replacing those parts will fix anything. A skilled tech uses that for a start to further diagnosis to get at the source of the issue.
Old 01-28-18 | 07:09 AM
ukrkoz
Racer

Old 01-28-18 | 08:22 AM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
You have a 2015 with so many miles on it that it is no longer under the powertrain warranty? It is for 70 months or 70,000 miles https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...urces/warranty

Regarielss, It may be time for professional diagnosis as just scanning and identifying the code source does not mean that replacing those parts will fix anything. A skilled tech uses that for a start to further diagnosis to get at the source of the issue.
i bought it salvaged that’s why it’s out of warranty

At worst case I will take it to the dealership, I’m a diy guy so if I can do it myself the more I save
Old 01-28-18 | 08:23 AM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
i tried that and the light comes right back on instantly.

the reset on my scan tool on the abs module doesn’t even clear it
Old 01-28-18 | 01:42 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Then you have to scan with Techstream. Even good but regular scanners won't take a bunch of codes. Transmission codes, ABS codes, brake codes. There are codes that even dealer can't reveal, they only can submit to Toyota and wait for instructions. Folks do 3 day Techstream sub, in a pinch.
Old 01-28-18 | 04:23 PM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
Then you have to scan with Techstream. Even good but regular scanners won't take a bunch of codes. Transmission codes, ABS codes, brake codes. There are codes that even dealer can't reveal, they only can submit to Toyota and wait for instructions. Folks do 3 day Techstream sub, in a pinch.
Okay Thank You, i just orderd one we will see what it shows
Old 01-29-18 | 05:46 AM
MacCat
Rookie

Default Traction warning light and engine light on

I'm not sure I had the same problem with my 2010 RX350, but it just hit 94,000 miles.
I have never had any problem with the SUV - gas/oil/tires/battery all at regular intervals.
The first problem was that engine light and the traction light came on during our first freezing weather (Texas).
It would go off when it warmed up and come back the next morning.
After a couple of weeks and icy roads, I decided to take it to the dealer.
Their diagnosis was a bad O2 Sensor ($500).

On my other car, the mechanic would clean off my O2 sensor, but never had to replace it.

More surprising to me, were the brake disks - they were deeply grooved (in my opinion) like a vinyl record.
But, the were machined back to smooth surface.

I still swear by this particular model - I can't help but notice it was assembled in Canada.
Old 02-01-18 | 09:48 AM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Okay so I have the TechStream scan tool and no change, I’ve done the whole reset trying to recalibrate it and the code comes back instantly.
whats the next step

does anyone know how to test the steering angle sensor and the wiring. I’ve already replaced the sensor and it didn’t change anything. I wonder if it the harness it self
Old 02-01-18 | 04:25 PM
RealWing
Pit Crew

This might help.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails C1433 anyone have any info-c1433-repair.jpg  

Last edited by RealWing; 02-01-18 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-01-18 | 07:09 PM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RealWing
This might help.
Jim
Can you repost the link, it says page not found when i click it,

Thank you very much i really appriciate it
Old 02-01-18 | 07:16 PM
RealWing
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by trickalloy
Can you repost the link, it says page not found when i click it,

Thank you very much i really appriciate it
Reposted as a .jpg file. Hopefully you can open it OK.
The following users liked this post:
trickalloy (02-03-18)
Old 02-03-18 | 09:25 AM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

okay still no luck, ive purchased another steering angle sensor and it didnt change anything, when the sensor is plugged in it reads 864 deg regardless of turnong the steering wheel. if i unplug the sensor it will go to 0 deg.
The following users liked this post:
afpj (02-20-22)
Old 02-07-18 | 04:22 PM
trickalloy
Driver School Candidate

Anybody have a wiring diagram of the vsc/abs system i wondering if its a harness issue since its no the steering angle sensor, could it be the bcm or pcm causing this or maybe a bad abs module. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-22 | 12:57 AM
apad143
Driver School Candidate

Default Any update?

Originally Posted by trickalloy
Anybody have a wiring diagram of the vsc/abs system i wondering if its a harness issue since its no the steering angle sensor, could it be the bcm or pcm causing this or maybe a bad abs module. any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you every figure it out? I having same issue on my 2015 RCF

Quick Reply: C1433 anyone have any info