RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Touch door unlock all doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-18, 07:46 AM
Ajoekirk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch door unlock all doors

I want to be able to touch a door, even the back door, and have ALL the doors unlock. Currently this only happens if I touch the front passenger door.
(Our 2007 Avalon limited unlocks all four doors if you touch any door handle but the drivers side, Touch the drivers door and lonely the drivers door unlocks)
Old 02-03-18, 10:44 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry, not likely to happen. The Gen 3 RX350 simply isn't designed with lock/unlock sensors in all the doors--only the front two (I would like that option too). Anyway, should you be willing to invest a BIG bucket of money, you may find a shop willing to take on the job, but I predict it will cost a fortune--multiple thousands. Many other Lexus & Toyota models (but definitely not all) offer lock/unlock on all 4 doors, but not our RXs. Good luck!
Old 02-03-18, 03:45 PM
Ajoekirk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX door locks

thanks to Rick for letting me know the RX doesn't have sensors in the rear doors
no big deal
if we had not had the Avalon I would never have thought of it
thanks again!
Old 02-04-18, 06:12 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

I don't remember where I saw it but somewhere in the various options you can make the touch of the driver door unlock all of the doors.

Randy
Old 02-04-18, 09:57 AM
Statman
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

We had the dealer program it so all the doors unlock touching the drivers side door. 2011RX450h
Old 02-04-18, 02:59 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I remembered on our 2013 RX450h there is an option to program this on the options setup on the menu screen.

A word of caution, due to security reasons I would not do it. I would only have the driver's side door open. If I wanted all doors open then I would press the door unlock button on the driver's side inside unlock panel or press on the key fob unlock again.

I trave a lot and I've seen and experienced many attempts and close calls . One example is the following at gas stations. I've had thieves trying to open my passenger side door but unsuccessful bc it was locked while I pumped gas. Then there were many times I'm inside the car with all doors locked and thieves try their luck by pulling on my door handles to see if locked or not (I have darkly tinted windows all around including windshield, so depending on the angle they can not really see from outside. But I can see perfect from inside). One time I was still in a major airport multi level garage parked and engine off with all doors locked. Some dude tried my door!!! I gave him a honk on the horn and told him you better run OR I will *******. Needless to say, I moved my vehicle to another garage and reported the dude to the LEOs with a copy of my dash cam video. Situation awarness is the key. To believe that this will not happen to you is simply ignorant and burying you head in the sand. One thing I've always noticed whenever I pull into a parking lot, gas station, or whatever........I scan the area and get a sense who and what's around me. If anyone is just standing or sitting in the car doing nothing......I take a mental note of it. For example, if you pull into a Costco gas station with Costco gas station employees in uniform walking around is VERY DIFFERENT VERSUS another random name brand gas station and see random people standing or just park next to a gas pump and not pumping any gas (true, they may pump in a few minutes or they just got done pumping).......the question in my mind is why are they there and doing nothing? In the place where I work if anyone pulls into the parking lot and just sit there.......you can bet someone will go and check it out.

Originally Posted by Ajoekirk
I want to be able to touch a door, even the back door, and have ALL the doors unlock. Currently this only happens if I touch the front passenger door.
(Our 2007 Avalon limited unlocks all four doors if you touch any door handle but the drivers side, Touch the drivers door and lonely the drivers door unlocks)

Last edited by lexusrus; 02-04-18 at 03:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2008GS (05-06-19)