RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2015 RX 350, 38k miles, CPO from Lexus dealer, listed for $28k

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 12:49 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 RX 350, 38k miles, CPO from Lexus dealer, listed for $28k

Good/great deal?

Seems to be priced at the KBB private sale value, well below the KBB CPO value.

​​​​​​Carfax is good, serviced every 10k
​​
​​​

Last edited by JeremyBin; 06-03-18 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-03-18, 01:48 PM
SilverRX30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyBin

Good/great deal?

Seems to be priced at the KBB private sale value, well below the KBB CPO value.

​​​​​​Carfax is good, serviced every 10k
​​
​​​
What equipment does it come with?
Secondly, what is the tread life left on the tires and brake pads?
It sounds pretty good with it being low miles.
Try cargurus.com to also see what it would be worth.
Old 06-03-18, 01:53 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SilverRX30

Not sure about tires and pads, need to check.
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=2T2BK1BA0FC279541&partner=COO_0

​​​​​
Old 06-03-18, 01:59 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Thought you might be interested in this CarGurus listing:
2015 Lexus RX 350 - $27,994 (Good Deal)
Mileage: 35,843 Location: Silver Spring, MD
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/201936020
Old 06-03-18, 02:10 PM
SilverRX30
Driver

Looks like a standard RX350 with Premium Package
Here in IL they go for about 27750 to 29000 depending on miles.
Test drive it and see how the insides look
The CPO paperwork should tell u about how much brake liners are left in mm and how much tread left on the tires.
The 2010-2015 RX350 has some droning sounds around the 1500-1700 rpms, otherwise, a great SUV
if u do not want NAV or HID headlights, then your RX350 seems like a good deal.
Also consider an extended warranty beyond the 2 year unlimited miles warranty u will get with the SUV
Old 06-03-18, 02:22 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Looks like a standard RX350 with Premium Package
Here in IL they go for about 27750 to 29000 depending on miles.
Test drive it and see how the insides look
The CPO paperwork should tell u about how much brake liners are left in mm and how much tread left on the tires.
The 2010-2015 RX350 has some droning sounds around the 1500-1700 rpms, otherwise, a great SUV
if u do not want NAV or HID headlights, then your RX350 seems like a good deal.
Also consider an extended warranty beyond the 2 year unlimited miles warranty u will get with the SUV
Thanks. Ya I definitely don't care for NAV, we use phone for nav. Lights - meh. Care mostly about safety and reliability for infant (and baby #2 in the next year or 2), w/o breaking the bank. We keep cars for longtime. Won't put more than 10kmiles/year.

Also, I'll try to negotiate the price a bit, looks like this one has been sitting a while. Comparables in area are going for $30k plus
Old 06-04-18, 11:50 AM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

11/32" all tires - isn't that brand new? Pads are at 11 and 12 mm. Seems like good deal. Any new / contrary thoughts?
Old 06-04-18, 12:26 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,160 Likes on 990 Posts

New tires and brake pads. Not too shabby. Maryland state inspections are very thorough as they only do it once per owner, when the vehicle is purchased and registered. They are done at state run inspection stations.
You can then drive it forever and let it fall apart in Maryland whereas in VA they do a yearly safety inspection. However these are done at every other service/gas station in the state and your quality varies.
Old 06-04-18, 12:29 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
New tires and brake pads. Not too shabby. Maryland state inspections are very thorough as they only do it once per owner, when the vehicle is purchased and registered. They are done at state run inspection stations.
You can then drive it forever and let it fall apart in Maryland whereas in VA they do a yearly safety inspection. However these are done at every other service/gas station in the state and your quality varies.
Good to know, thx. I live in VA and unfortunately deal with the inconsistent inspecrions
Old 06-04-18, 01:02 PM
SilverRX30
Driver

Agree with Clutchless......looks like new tires and brake pads.....that's about 1000 for tires and 620 for the brake pads front and back....my cost here in IL.

Drive it and see if u like it. Some people will have an independent mechanic look over the car to get their blessings.

Just a thought.....if you plan to have two kids car seats in the back, they may not be much room left in the middle!
We had 2 Britax seats in our old RX300 and there was little room in the middle.

BTW, if u consider an extended warranty I paid 3200 for an additional 5 years.....so total of 7 years unlimited miles on a
L-certified RX350! We too drive our cars into the ground. Hopefully others will chime in and give their opinions on extended warranties. I think the extended warranty on an L-Certified is better than extended warranty on a new Lexus because it's an exclusionary warranty. In other words, it specifically states what is NOT covered so if it's not on the list, it should be covered.

i know it's not my business.....if you can't quite agree on a final price for the car, instead ask for a service credit for your account cuz you will spend it there anyway......

Happy shopping!
Old 06-04-18, 01:19 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Agree with Clutchless......looks like new tires and brake pads.....that's about 1000 for tires and 620 for the brake pads front and back....my cost here in IL.

Drive it and see if u like it. Some people will have an independent mechanic look over the car to get their blessings.

Just a thought.....if you plan to have two kids car seats in the back, they may not be much room left in the middle!
We had 2 Britax seats in our old RX300 and there was little room in the middle.

BTW, if u consider an extended warranty I paid 3200 for an additional 5 years.....so total of 7 years unlimited miles on a
L-certified RX350! We too drive our cars into the ground. Hopefully others will chime in and give their opinions on extended warranties. I think the extended warranty on an L-Certified is better than extended warranty on a new Lexus because it's an exclusionary warranty. In other words, it specifically states what is NOT covered so if it's not on the list, it should be covered.

i know it's not my business.....if you can't quite agree on a final price for the car, instead ask for a service credit for your account cuz you will spend it there anyway......

Happy shopping!
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Hadn't thought about the extended warranty or service credit. Re car seats - ya I understand it's not a large SUV, but we'd prefer midsize for now. But great point, especially if we run it to ground, we'll have 2 car seats for much of that time.
Old 06-04-18, 02:18 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

I offered $26k, they countered at $26,500 (plus tax and tag and $300 processing fee). They also offered extended warranty (3 morenyeaes) for $1500. Seems like a great deal. Not sure about extended warranty though. Can anyone weigh in? I know a few of you sprung for the extended warranty.

This car has been on the lot for 3 months, so they want to move it.
Old 06-04-18, 02:22 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Will ask to take car for independent inspection as well.
Old 06-04-18, 02:59 PM
SilverRX30
Driver

Did u drive it?
Is the extended warranty the L-certified one from Lexus? 3 years? Is it 2 plus 3 meaning 5 years total? Or one additional year after the 2 years that comes with the car?

I would counter with 26,200 or pay the 26,500 and have them give u a 350$ service credit
Old 06-04-18, 03:10 PM
JeremyBin
Driver School Candidate

Did u drive it?
Is the extended warranty the L-certified one from Lexus? 3 years? Is it 2 plus 3 meaning 5 years total? Or one additional year after the 2 years that comes with the car?

I would counter with 26,200 or pay the 26,500 and have them give u a 350$ service credit
2+3, for a total of 5. Platinum extended warranty from Lexus. I haven't seen it yet. I just asked them if I can take it for an independent assessmwnt, I'm sitting for a call back. I lined up a mechanic nearby to take a look.

Was thinking of saying I'll take $26500 with extended warranty. Maybe a small service credit to? All of this assumes no issues when I see it, drive it, and have it inspected.

Quick Reply: 2015 RX 350, 38k miles, CPO from Lexus dealer, listed for $28k