RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

NEW Crystal Eye V3 Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-20, 06:30 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Took a chance on the V3

hi guys I've been following this thread for a few days now, I did some research and I got www.tenso.com from the crystaleye company who recommended using it. Its just as confusing as Rakuten. Lol But I had time to kill so I tried and bit the bullet and tried for the V3 using Rakuten as a guest. I followed the instructions with the site translated in English and picked overseas shipping. I'm waiting on confirmation and I will let you know if it all works out. If the product comes i will heavily document the whole process. If it fails im protected by my credit card so no issues there. I'm in Canada if your wondering. And if you see on rakuten that the red clear option is sold out. (That was me) lol
Fingers crossed I hope it works out.
Old 06-04-20, 04:58 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck IIcecoID... The shipping will take quite some time to hit Canada, hopefully before your credit card payment is due, but honestly I do not think that will be the case. Shipping from overseas takes forever unless you use DHL which costs like $250 and up, USD. They will have to ship to Tenso, then secondly to Canada so I'm assuming 3 to 4 weeks and even longer due to COVID-19 and all related delays. I was thinking along the same line as you but figured it would be too late for my credit card to protect me. I'm in New York and I've been screwed over once before when I ordered from Japan so I will not be taking that chance again. I'm in NY, I wish you the best and if it does work out, please let us know how to go about ordering. My V2's arrived today but haven't had a chance to open the box... the V3's are much easier to install and that was the motivating factor for choosing them. The V2 sequential blinker goes across all 4 tail-lights thus the extra wiring as opposed to the V3 which runs across 2 tail-lights and are totally plug and play. I will say that the V2 looks just like the current tail-lights on the new RX's which is pretty cool as opposed to the V3 which are in a league of their own. My kids prefer the V2 as they say it's more "bling, bling" lol. I'm pushing 50 years of age so that really didn't interest me, I just wanted the simple installation. I'll hold off installing my V2's in hopes you have some positive info in the coming week or so.
Happy hunting my friend and keep us posted,
AL
Old 06-05-20, 07:33 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Default Update on my v3 order

Ok guys so rakuten isn't shipping internationally, the only option is tenso so I've ordered and fingers crossed as soon as the tenso warehouse has the order they will begin the shipping process to canada. I hope it goes through smoothly and once I recieve it I'll make a video unboxing it and installation. Cheers.
Old 06-05-20, 10:57 AM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hi IIcecoID,
Make a video on how you actually navigated through Rakuten and Tenso, that's the hardest part of the process LOL . I still haven't unboxed my lights in hopes you succeed with the order and I can return mine for the V3's. I'm feeling lazy these days and the V3's are so much easier to install than the V2's.
Good luck bro !
AL
Old 06-05-20, 11:13 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Lol thats a tough one to answer. Its really a 3 part process, you need to first register, then you will need to upload a drivers license or another form of picture ID, lastly a payment method. I just used a credit card. Once all processes are complete you follow their guide and use their warehouse address as the shipping address. I went on rakuten as a guest and purchased the lights from there with tensos address with the words translated to English of course. (Thank God for google chrome) Its not really hard, im old school as well so if I can do it then everyone else can as well. Not sure what else I missed but I'm horrible at explaining things so. It's great that the site translates to english.
Old 06-05-20, 04:37 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hey IIcecolD,

I saw this just now, you might of missed the cut off date so you may have to call your cc company. I hate dealing with middle-men when it comes to overseas, like I mentioned earlier, I was scammed by a similar process so be extra careful. Now after seeing this, I feel like it's another scam so be on the look-out.

Nengun. a legit Japanese company charges about $1000 USD to deliver the V3's through their site. This is why their market place exists, they can guarantee delivery and 100% customer service.

There's also a guy on Ebay called Zeroism (or something like that), he's been around since I bought my 99 Lexus GS300 (which is still running like new) and he too offers the V3's for $1000 USD. He's legit as well,

https://global.rakuten.com/en/event/close.html

Good Luck !
AL

English

Closure Announcement

Rakuten has a broad portfolio of global and local e-commerce and other online services that are constantly adapting and improving to cater to our local customer needs and online shopping trends. As we move to strengthen our local offerings with our own platforms and flagship store partners in Taiwan, Mainland China and other markets, we have also made the decision to discontinue the service previously offered here as a global cross-border marketplace site: As of June 1, 2020, 02:00 PM (JST), Rakuten Global Market (Rakuten’s cross-border marketplace service) is no longer available.

However, we will continue to offer Rakuten Global Express (Rakuten’s international delivery service), our official flagship stores on Taiwan Rakuten Ichiba and our partners’ platforms, and Rakuten’s marketplace services in Japan, Taiwan, the U.S., France, and Germany.

Please read the following information carefully for your orders on Rakuten Global Market. We thank you for your patronage of this service over the past 10 years and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause.

IMPORTANT: Please note that this service closure only applies to Rakuten Global Market, which is Rakuten’s cross-border marketplace service. Other Rakuten e-commerce services, such as Rakuten Ichiba in Japan, Rakuten Taiwan, Rakuten US, Rakuten France, and Rakuten Germany, will NOT be affected by this change.
  • Last payment completion date: June 11, 2020, 10:00 AM (JST)
    *Please complete your payment for orders you made before June 1, 2020, 2:00 PM (JST), by the stated date and time.
  • Last shipment date: June 15, 2020 (JST)
    *Stores will complete shipment for orders you made before June 1, 2020, 2:00 PM (JST), by the stated date.

Last edited by kitlz; 06-05-20 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-05-20, 06:52 PM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

I did see that, I ordered from rakuten Japan, the order would be shipped to tenso warehouse then from there it would be shipped to Canada. I would be paying tenso specifically to ship it via DHL. So far I don't see any red flags, my credit card company is watching so as soon as I see foul play I give them the word and they stop the payment. I'll let you know if I find any issues but so far its ok.
Thank you for the heads up though.
Old 06-07-20, 05:45 AM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hi IIcecolD,
Good, you're on top of this, I just wanted to make sure you're not getting screwed over. How much are you paying for the lights and shipping in total ? And when is the expected time of arrival to Canada ?

'm still weighing my options... I do have the V2 in my possession and must say I'm 100% satisfied with their product, looks awesome. I do think the extension harness from the quarter panel tail-light to the tail-gate tail-light looks a little short, I will probably have to run out to the auto place around me to make me up an extension cable. I haven't measured it yet but my instinct is telling me it's a little short.
AL
Old 06-07-20, 06:08 AM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

IIcecoID,
I'm on the Rakuten site now and I see the V2's cost almost twice as much as the V3's. What's that about ?
AL
Old 06-07-20, 02:08 PM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure why its more expensive, but I got the v3s for 40000yen and it was just delivered to tenso so now I'm waiting for tenso to confirm if they can ship via DHL. So far so good, hopefully it doesn't take forever. I did buy a lexon front lip as well since it was cheap. 20000yen so I jumped on it and I'm waiting for that to arrive at tenso as well. Its definately exciting that its moving along. Once its shipped I will update what the shipping price is.
Old 06-08-20, 08:27 AM
stevies30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HiHoSilver check your PM

Last edited by stevies30; 06-08-20 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
HiHoSilver (06-08-20)
Old 06-08-20, 01:02 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hi IIcecoID,
Thanks for the update, please keep us posted on shipping costs and expected arrival time to North America.
Good luck !
AL
Old 06-09-20, 04:23 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys, so its official.........(drum roll)......lol

DHL to ship, I am responsible for duties/customs (unknown). But shipping from Japan is 27000 yen ($345.55CAD). And the crytal eye v3s were $504.06 CAD. So its looking close to that $1000 mark.

So far $849.61 CAD...

Now waiting on confirmation of shipping and tracking...Hopefully they do not take too long.

Cheers
Old 06-09-20, 01:38 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hi IIcecoID,
Looks like you'll end up spending a minimum of $750 USD - Good luck with customs and their duties, not to mention the wait time during the customs process (unfortunately COVID-19 will not help matters). I've lost many customers when I was in the jewelry business and waiting for merchandise to clear through customs that ultimately cleared 2 to 4 months after the fact, customers in general tend to have no patience and went elsewhere.
I think this might of been the easiest course of action, IMO https://www.nengun.com/crystaleye/le...d-tail-lamp-v3 - The cost is relatively the same but no Rakuten, Tenso or language barrier to deal with. Just click and it will be there in 2 or so weeks, check it out as you may need a plan "B" if all else fails or you grow impatient and seek a faster means of delivery.
That being said, I will be installing my V2's next week and keeping the extra $450 or so USD in my pocket and perhaps throw that money towards a GROM / VLine entertainment unit to unlock the navigation and allow video streaming onto the OEM navigation screen. I'll post pics of the tail-lights next week when I get chance to share.
Please keep us posted as I'm curious to know what the duties will end up costing and how long it will take to get items to North America.
Best of luck my friend !
AL
Old 06-10-20, 08:31 AM
ppham444
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These look so nice!

Quick Reply: NEW Crystal Eye V3 Tail Lights