RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

NEW Crystal Eye V3 Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-20, 05:12 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default V3 shipping update

Package has already passed the border which is ridiculously fast? Expected day of arrival is Tuesday June 16. And total for duties is $77.25 (CAD). Not bad considering I was expecting to spend well over $1000. Once I recieve the package I will post a video of unboxing, then a video of un-installing and installing of new tail lights. I used DHL and it was highly recommended for faster delivery.

Total paid $926.86 CAD
Old 06-14-20, 04:44 PM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Recieved my package 2 days early, DHL is the way to go...here is my link of the video part 1.

Part 2 should be linked if not ill post part 2.

Enjoy guys...I'll post the install video once its done.
Old 06-15-20, 06:02 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Early and cheaper than expected, nice !!! Post pics after the installation. I'm putting in my V2's on Wednesday.
Old 06-16-20, 12:56 PM
stevies30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know how that goes Al since I may be doing the same thing. Did you get my PM?
Old 06-17-20, 05:56 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hi Stevies30,
Saw the PM yesterday, your pictures did not come through...try re-sending...
I put the V2's on today, it was a pain in the *** as I needed to extend the wire harness to get to it through the existing rubber slinky type harness that runs across the top of the tail-gate. I went over to local shop where a friend of mine helped me out. It looks pretty impressive, I'm quite pleased and even had someone ask me on the way home where I got them... I'll try to get some pictures posted in the coming days. I'm now looking to upgrade the rear marker bumper lights to something similar which I think I might of found... TBC...
AL
The following users liked this post:
stevies30 (06-19-20)
Old 06-19-20, 11:14 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

for me i'm not a fan of the price tag for the crystal eye ones and the lettering that's on the tail lights. Has anyone confirmed if the 2010-2012 ones from ebay would somehow fit a 2013?
Old 06-19-20, 03:52 PM
stevies30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been told by someone I trust that they would fit. However, I was comparing them and I don't think the light that goes in the fender will fit. The ones on ebay just look like they have sharper lines and a more pointed corner. That's just my take on it. I could be completely wrong. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on them though and I'll know for sure if they fit or not. Anyone else know for sure?
Old 06-19-20, 04:31 PM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Hey Stevie,

Order them knowing you can return them if all else fails. I'm pretty sure they fit though, my 99 GS300 has the 2005 OEM GS430 tail lights with no problems what so ever, plug and play.... Lexus does this knowing customers will upgrade their tail lights to the current/latest model. I thought I saw a thread here where someone swapped their 2011 OEM (all clear & chrome lens) to the 2013 OEM tail light which are red and chrome. That's what I was going to do because I hate the clear tail lights, luckily I saw the V2's which was a better and cheaper option.

Alexbenz,

I agree about the "Crystal Eye" logo, it's not very discreet and too much in your face which I do not like. The V2's are made by Sonar and you can only see it when you're less that 12" from it, so in other words, it's not seen by anyone except you and the microscope.

I'll try to post some pics over the weekend...

I wish you guys the best of luck and let me know how it goes.

AL
Old 06-20-20, 11:41 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Default New video link

Here is a new link for my videos, better video since my first one wasn't very good.

I'll be posting install and uninstall video today as well. I'll post that link soon.

Cheers..
crldz (06-22-20)
Old 06-21-20, 11:07 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Default Video of the v3s in action.

Hi everyone I installed the tail lights. It was super easy. Enjoy the video of how it works and looks, they operate and look great.

Enjoy guys...
crldz (06-21-20)
Old 06-22-20, 07:28 AM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Looks nice ! I'm loving the twin dual exhaust set up... How did you go about that exhaust installation ?
AL
Old 06-22-20, 07:54 AM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Exhaust is custom, exhaust systems for the rx start in the thousands, so rather than spending that i just got a exhaust shop to cut and weld from the catback and add tips. Cost a few hundred dollars.
HiHoSilver (06-22-20)
Old 06-22-20, 08:00 AM
HiHoSilver
Rookie

Ah, got it... Did it change the sound of the exhaust. improve speed or fuel consumption ? Sounds a little beefier on the video.
Thanks !
AL
Old 06-22-20, 12:58 PM
IIcecolD
Driver School Candidate

Just sound, a lot louder but thats what I wanted. After my wald lip kit goes on it will make more sense. I wanted to give it a more aggressive look. Once its done I will post new pictures, the exhaust tips will be changed as well.
Old 06-23-20, 01:55 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HiHoSilver
Hey Stevie,

Order them knowing you can return them if all else fails. I'm pretty sure they fit though, my 99 GS300 has the 2005 OEM GS430 tail lights with no problems what so ever, plug and play.... Lexus does this knowing customers will upgrade their tail lights to the current/latest model. I thought I saw a thread here where someone swapped their 2011 OEM (all clear & chrome lens) to the 2013 OEM tail light which are red and chrome. That's what I was going to do because I hate the clear tail lights, luckily I saw the V2's which was a better and cheaper option.

Alexbenz,

I agree about the "Crystal Eye" logo, it's not very discreet and too much in your face which I do not like. The V2's are made by Sonar and you can only see it when you're less that 12" from it, so in other words, it's not seen by anyone except you and the microscope.

I'll try to post some pics over the weekend...

I wish you guys the best of luck and let me know how it goes.

AL
feel the same way, I haven’t gotten my rx yet but hoping to get a 2013 and above and fit the eBay tail lights in them

Quick Reply: NEW Crystal Eye V3 Tail Lights