RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Console Storage Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-19, 10:26 PM
auntrout
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Console Storage Organizer

Has anyone come across a nice aftermarket organizer for the console storage compartment. New owner of a 2015 RX350 and was surprised with the size of the storage compartment. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
AZchick (08-15-20)
Old 02-22-19, 07:41 AM
Raoul
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't seen anything that fits well.
Did you find the hidden compartment in the center console?
Old 02-22-19, 08:06 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

They are on Amazon (naturally!), under $20 bucks.
The secret answer to Raoul's question is to pull up on the sides of the entire console pocket...
room enough for the Owner's Manual portfolio.
Old 02-22-19, 10:42 AM
auntrout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Raoul
Haven't seen anything that fits well.
Did you find the hidden compartment in the center console?
Thanks Raoul. I found the thread on the hidden compartment here on Club Lexus. Our sales guy did show us the one at the bottom of the compartment but not the door on the side of the USB port. What a surprise. Lots of great information here; need to spend more time checking out all the threads.
Old 02-22-19, 10:46 AM
auntrout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcomer
They are on Amazon (naturally!), under $20 bucks.
The secret answer to Raoul's question is to pull up on the sides of the entire console pocket...
room enough for the Owner's Manual portfolio.
Thanks mcomer. I did a quick query of Amazon but I didn't see what I was looking for. I found the hidden compartment at the bottom of the console and the door next to the UBS port. Is there something else I haven't found yet.
Old 02-22-19, 11:23 AM
Raoul
Intermediate

The center console false floor and the hidden cubby is it.
Bought my pickup at an estate sale. The owner had taken good care of it and I was surprised there was no Owners manual in the glovebox, center console or under the seat.
About six months later I found an owners manual on eBay and upon reading it discovered a second hidden console under the first.
There I found the owners manual, original window sticker, all maintenance documentation, commercial grade flashlight, folding umbrella, dash mounted Garmin GPS system and tools etc...
It was like finding pirate treasure, now I have two owners manuals.
cory143 (10-07-19)
Old 02-22-19, 11:44 AM
auntrout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Raoul
The center console false floor and the hidden cubby is it.
Bought my pickup at an estate sale. The owner had taken good care of it and I was surprised there was no Owners manual in the glovebox, center console or under the seat.
About six months later I found an owners manual on eBay and upon reading it discovered a second hidden console under the first.
There I found the owners manual, original window sticker, all maintenance documentation, commercial grade flashlight, folding umbrella, dash mounted Garmin GPS system and tools etc...
It was like finding pirate treasure, now I have two owners manuals.
What a find. I also realized after reading that thread on the secret compartment that my RX350 was missing that little tray that sits at the top of the compartment. Called my sales guy and he said he has some, so I just need to swing by and pick it up. So far pretty happy with the Lexus customer service.

Last edited by auntrout; 02-22-19 at 11:52 AM.
cory143 (10-07-19)
Old 02-22-19, 11:53 AM
Raoul
Intermediate

The tray is great for smaller items like chapstick, it lifts out or slides back and forth to access items underneath.
Gjohnson24 (04-28-20)
Old 02-22-19, 07:55 PM
ronmaiden
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It took me a while to discover the center console lid slides forward to hide the heated/ventilated seat controls. Cool and simple.

I just bought my 2010 and it doesn't have anything inside the cubby and will likely seek out the tray and line the bottom with a pad of felt so stuff doesn't slide around.
cory143 (10-07-19)
Old 02-22-19, 08:10 PM
auntrout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ronmaiden
It took me a while to discover the center console lid slides forward to hide the heated/ventilated seat controls. Cool and simple.

I just bought my 2010 and it doesn't have anything inside the cubby and will likely seek out the tray and line the bottom with a pad of felt so stuff doesn't slide around.
That sliding console cover is a nice design feature to keep the seat ventilation controls covered. I only wish there was a convenient place to store sunglasses like my Sequoia.
Old 03-25-19, 11:54 AM
coachz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What!!! Why am I just finding out about this secret compartment? Will have to look when my wife gets home.
Old 10-04-19, 02:09 PM
cory143
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RX Gen3 - storage organizer bin solutions?

Hi, everyone. 21 days now into my 2010 RX350 having parked my 2005 ES330. I am surprised by the lack of versatility regarding storage. Besides the two cup holders dead center, all of the storage space is unwieldy and is a pain in the a$$ to access.

What I've started with first is a rectangular soft-sided bin on the passenger seat that I bought at a Dollar Store. I've done a ton of google searches and have found basically nothing. The only item that seemed remotely good was a "Car Seat Catcher" at https://www.carid.com/vdp/vdp-car-se...154193696.html. This prevents small items from slipping through the seats and give a little bit of handy storage for pens, phone, etc. But that's about it.

Anyone find any products out there that are solutions? Thoughts? Pics would be great.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-19, 10:15 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by cory143
Hi, everyone. 21 days now into my 2010 RX350 having parked my 2005 ES330. I am surprised by the lack of versatility regarding storage. Besides the two cup holders dead center, all of the storage space is unwieldy and is a pain in the a$$ to access.

What I've started with first is a rectangular soft-sided bin on the passenger seat that I bought at a Dollar Store. I've done a ton of google searches and have found basically nothing. The only item that seemed remotely good was a "Car Seat Catcher" at https://www.carid.com/vdp/vdp-car-se...154193696.html. This prevents small items from slipping through the seats and give a little bit of handy storage for pens, phone, etc. But that's about it.

Anyone find any products out there that are solutions? Thoughts? Pics would be great.

Thanks!
Basically ladies (the soccer moms which are the prime target of RX350) need that space somewhat unorganized and open to put their purse to store out of sight when they park their car at the supermarket, back to school nights, yoga/spinning studios, Zara, Whole Foods and such. And of course when they stop to get their $6 Carmel Machiatos for about 600 sugar calories per pop. I read somewhere that consumer research revealed that number one “wanted” item was purse storage closely followed by phone charging mechanism among women. Lexus knows it’s customer base.
Gjohnson24 (04-28-20)