RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Help !!!!!! 12 rx350 passenger side led brake light issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-19 | 02:16 PM
edsrx350x2
Driver School Candidate

No rodents . Too cold here in the Midwest as of right now LOL.
was working till about a week ago. I don't know if the polar vortex had anything to do with it but 50 below might be a culprit.
checked fuses all were good. Only option is to dig out the module, clean out all connections and put some dialectric grease and hopefully fingers crossed will solve my problem.

I appreciate all the replies. when I find the module I will go online and see how to test for voltage via you tube. I do have the multi tester. just have to learn how to use it.
Old 02-25-19 | 02:20 PM
edsrx350x2
Driver School Candidate

is there a website I can go for wiring diagrams?
Old 02-25-19 | 02:29 PM
edsrx350x2
Driver School Candidate

Having this issue currently. did you solve your problem? parking lamp went out in lens on fender drivers side. replaced bulb with 168/192 . Now Brake lights don't work they are LEDS.
Old 02-26-19 | 06:07 AM
heshamos
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by edsrx350x2
is there a website I can go for wiring diagrams?
I'm sure you'll find bits and pieces online as I've just googled it now.
I also remember I've seen a repair/maintenance reference in the bookstore for the Lexus/Highlander (Hayness??). I can pay them a visit this coming weekend and check if the book is still available and take a few snapshots..
You'll find a similar issue here and the repair was about replacing a resistor.

Please keep us posted..

Cheers

Last edited by heshamos; 02-26-19 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-25-19 | 04:26 PM
stvincent
Racer

Any tips or DIY on how to rewire connection to LED brake lights?
I replaced passenger tail light with 168 bulbs.
Space was pretty tight and wiring was not long enough to carefully pull it out.
Upon visual inspection, I believe I stripped those two white wires previously attached,
and this is the reason my brake lights do not work anymore.
Old 04-25-19 | 07:33 PM
edsrx350x2
Driver School Candidate

Default led brake light

do u have a pic of those white wires?
like you I replaced the tail light bulb and there is not enough room without tugging at some wires.
I probably did what you did.
Old 05-24-19 | 12:04 AM
LexusLiife
Driver School Candidate

Default Help !!!!!! 12 rx350 passenger side led brake light issue

I have been trying to understand how to fix the LED brake lights on my 12 RX. When I step on the brakes the driver's side is fine the brake light near the top of the rear window is fine, it's only the passenger side brake light that is not lighting up. When I turn on my headlights there is a section in the middle of that brake light assembly that lights up, but the string of lights around it does not and if I turn my headlights off completely and step on the brake the passenger side brake light assembly in its entirety doesn't light up at all.. from what I have been reading it sounds like I will have to change the entire brake light assembly because there's no way to just change the LEDs that appear to be out and I also read that it wouldn't be the fuse because all of the other lights are working.. I got pulled over twice today. I need. HELP!!! Correct anything I've said that's wrong and please offer suggestions of the most cost effective way to replace the entire assembly if I have to parts and labor .. thanks.
Old 11-16-19 | 07:56 PM
10RXAWD
Driver School Candidate

Default Found the problem!!

Originally Posted by LexusLiife
I have been trying to understand how to fix the LED brake lights on my 12 RX. When I step on the brakes the driver's side is fine the brake light near the top of the rear window is fine, it's only the passenger side brake light that is not lighting up. When I turn on my headlights there is a section in the middle of that brake light assembly that lights up, but the string of lights around it does not and if I turn my headlights off completely and step on the brake the passenger side brake light assembly in its entirety doesn't light up at all.. from what I have been reading it sounds like I will have to change the entire brake light assembly because there's no way to just change the LEDs that appear to be out and I also read that it wouldn't be the fuse because all of the other lights are working.. I got pulled over twice today. I need. HELP!!! Correct anything I've said that's wrong and please offer suggestions of the most cost effective way to replace the entire assembly if I have to parts and labor .. thanks.

All, I'm having the same issue. But I think I found the fix here! I had a mechanic replace my tail light while he was doing other repairs. But then the passenger side wouldn't light up when braking, just the normal tail light was illuminated. I opened the little hatch and found a little white connection clip that's connected to the tail light bulb socket. On the back of it is a pinkish looking wire that goes into the tail light assembly (to power the LED's). On the back of that connector where the pinkish wire connects to it (see pic), there should be 2 little white wires coming off of it. Mine however only had one, the other has a piece left inside the connector but was probably torn out when he was replacing the tail light bulb.. that is why it's not working.. once reconnected, it should light right back up! Check this prior to dropping all that cash on a new assembly!!