RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New 2010 owner with o-so-many new owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-19, 10:47 PM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear spare tire tray contents

After many months, I finally got my 3rd gen (2010) delivered last night from the midwest (free gift!) Spent all day nosing around it.

Noticed that in the rear spare tire tray, I'm missing something in one of the pre-formed little cutouts in the tray. I have the eyehook, the toolkit, the jack, the wheel lock. It's in the lower left side. No idea what's supposed to go there. You know?

Also, I pulled the little tabs in the rear floor deck in the left and right corners. Only the pull tab on both of them is left: the rest of some kinda black plastic pieces rotted/broke apart. All I see is 4-5 screw heads and a bunch of pieces in the underside of those small boards. What I am missing? Expensive? Worth getting?
Those little spaces are laughable, BTW, Especially the one on the left. For....papers?
Old 06-30-19, 07:57 AM
salimshah

Received 1,075 Likes on 968 Posts

Along with the jack, you need the crank handle for the jack, a wheel brace (another name is the lug-wrench).

The model is exported to other countries, and in USA you get the minimalistic tool kit. slip pliers, srewdriver.

I would investigate why you have rust on few things. Is there water entry or some one just put wet stuff.

Salim
Old 06-30-19, 07:58 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Rust? Water? Not sure I said anything about rust....
Old 06-30-19, 09:35 AM
salimshah

Received 1,075 Likes on 968 Posts

mixup on my part .. please ignore.
Salim
Old 06-30-19, 02:22 PM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Here's the tool tray in the trunk. And looks like I'm missing something? The little square below the jack?

Old 06-30-19, 02:35 PM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Default New 2010 owner with o-so-many new owner questions

Hey folks. Maybe you can help me with some of this. Going thru my new-to-me-2010, I noticed:

-The little left and right side panels in the floor board have screw heads and...bit of broken plastic. What went here? Part numbers so I can see if the dealer has them?

- Manual tells me I should have some sort of arm with cord/string here under the rear floor to hold the panel up when getting the tire? All I have is the underside of the grab handle? Am I missing something?

-OK. Cannot figure out the small slits in the visors. Anyone?

-Cannot find the interior fuse box? Manual is unclear. Need to hard wire a camera. Happen to know where to tap into for constant power/ground? Some vehicles plan this in advance and have extra places to tie into. I have no idea b/c I cannot find the fuse box!

-Supposed to have a sunglass holder here beside the rear view? No way to get this panel open. Unless I'm not supposed to have one b/c of the SOS thing?

Thanks peoples! More stupid questions to follow soon from my end, I'm sure. Thanks for your input, as always.

Old 07-01-19, 07:28 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by wgregt
-OK. Cannot figure out the small slits in the visors. Anyone?
It's just a holder. You can place cards/passes here. Good place to store parking slips and the like.

-Supposed to have a sunglass holder here beside the rear view? No way to get this panel open. Unless I'm not supposed to have one b/c of the SOS thing?
Correct, no sunglasses holder on models equipped with Safety Connect.

Sorry that I cannot help with your other questions. You can look up sites like www.myLparts.com to get part numbers.
Old 07-01-19, 10:30 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Default small peep windows?

Just bought a new 2010 350. What's the purpose of the very tiny windows near the exterior mirrors? Seem....useless. Wish they weren't there.
Old 07-01-19, 10:32 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Ok, That answers a couple of them. Thanks.
Old 07-01-19, 07:20 PM
ronmaiden
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wgregt
Just bought a new 2010 350. What's the purpose of the very tiny windows near the exterior mirrors? Seem....useless. Wish they weren't there.

I thought they were a little odd too but without them that would be a big space of blankness and actually it is good to have even a small view in front of the mirrors and when maneuvering I actually have peered through them.
Old 07-02-19, 08:57 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Default tire pressure warning system?

My new 2010 says in the manual that it has the tire pressure monitoring system. But I don't see the button on the dash anywhere. So...the manual is incorrect? My original bill of lading when the car was new shows it listed there as well. Or is there something on the dash (light etc) that tells me I have it?
Old 07-02-19, 09:07 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Default "ventilated" seats?

My new-to-me 2010 says it has ventilated seats. I see the dials, and I get the light when it turns on but....it ain't much, is it? I was thinking it would be like AC blowing thru the perforated seats but I can't really tell a damn bit of difference. Or perhaps I'm doing it wrong?
Old 07-02-19, 09:18 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Found the fuse box. The cord and hook to hold up the rear deck I found as well: it was below the first fold. I didn't lift it up high enough apparently.

Talked to the dealer about the missing (?) parts/screw heads on the two read corner storage panels. No idea what I was talking about. Showed fotos. No idea. Great.
Old 07-02-19, 11:24 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 422 Likes on 338 Posts

Regarding the ventilated seats, that "feature" is more of a gimmick than anything else. If you expect to feel any cool A/C blowing through your seat, you will be very disappointed.
Old 07-02-19, 11:47 AM
wgregt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RX in NC
Regarding the ventilated seats, that "feature" is more of a gimmick than anything else. If you expect to feel any cool A/C blowing through your seat, you will be very disappointed.
Thanks. Good to know. That's what I was thinking after using it.

Quick Reply: New 2010 owner with o-so-many new owner questions