RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX 350 No Driver Side Heat

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-19, 01:25 PM
RX350Tom
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 2010 RX 350 No Driver Side Heat

I have a 2010 Lexus Rx 350 AWD made in Canada with 118K miles. I purchased it with 50K and it has been a trouble free 68K miles just minor maintenance items a new battery, tires and brakes. I just started having an issue with the heat not working on the drivers side only. I researched it online and watched a youtube video with a guy that had a similar problem but his drivers side was no a/c. To date i've done the following to fix it with no success:

1. Re-Charged my A/C. (Super cold a/c but no fix to the heat issue)

2. I replaced the drivers side air blend actuator and still no heat. (I purchased the cheaper version of the standard product from Rock Auto the part looked the same as the much more expensive one)

I'm still trying to figure it out with no success. I have heat on the passenger side and A/C. The drivers side is just A/C no matter what temperature you set the drivers side at. Please let me know if you have any idea on how to repair this issue?
Old 09-08-19, 07:08 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,157 Likes on 987 Posts

Look at this prior thread, although it deals with A/C it is similar

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...-one-side.html

Also do you still have the original coolant or was it changed recently?
Old 09-09-19, 05:10 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RX350Tom
I have a 2010 Lexus Rx 350 AWD made in Canada with 118K miles. I purchased it with 50K and it has been a trouble free 68K miles just minor maintenance items a new battery, tires and brakes. I just started having an issue with the heat not working on the drivers side only. I researched it online and watched a youtube video with a guy that had a similar problem but his drivers side was no a/c. To date i've done the following to fix it with no success:

1. Re-Charged my A/C. (Super cold a/c but no fix to the heat issue)

2. I replaced the drivers side air blend actuator and still no heat. (I purchased the cheaper version of the standard product from Rock Auto the part looked the same as the much more expensive one)

I'm still trying to figure it out with no success. I have heat on the passenger side and A/C. The drivers side is just A/C no matter what temperature you set the drivers side at. Please let me know if you have any idea on how to repair this issue?
Blend door actuator.
Old 09-09-19, 11:02 AM
RX350Tom
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Look at this prior thread, although it deals with A/C it is similar

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...-one-side.html

Also do you still have the original coolant or was it changed recently?

Hi Iolmaster!

Thank you for your help!

I had the radiator coolant flushed and replaced at 85K in December 2017. I have about 33K miles on the new coolant in just under 2 years.

The door actuator is replaced but following your link i was not aware of a air mix servo. I searched the part and found that the air mix servo was for an older model and doesn't fit my model year. The servo and actuator door look very similar. I felt relieved that someone on the thread said they replaced the servo twice on 250K Rx330 so it's more than likely the same issue i'm having.

I'm not sure what i'm missing but everything leads back to the actuator door. I may have a defective actuator door (Even Though It's Brand New) or I may have installed it incorrectly but something is still amiss. I'm going to double check the install and the new door.

I appreciate your help and counsel. Ill keep you posted whether it needed a new actuator door again or if it was an installation issue. Finally, I might even try flushing the radiator fluid if all else fails. Ill keep you posted.

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
SlickJonz (05-13-22)
Old 09-09-19, 12:22 PM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 159 Posts

Flushing the radiator is not likely to have any effect.
Old 05-13-22, 12:51 AM
SlickJonz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RX350Tom
Hi Iolmaster!

Thank you for your help!

I had the radiator coolant flushed and replaced at 85K in December 2017. I have about 33K miles on the new coolant in just under 2 years.

The door actuator is replaced but following your link i was not aware of a air mix servo. I searched the part and found that the air mix servo was for an older model and doesn't fit my model year. The servo and actuator door look very similar. I felt relieved that someone on the thread said they replaced the servo twice on 250K Rx330 so it's more than likely the same issue i'm having.

I'm not sure what i'm missing but everything leads back to the actuator door. I may have a defective actuator door (Even Though It's Brand New) or I may have installed it incorrectly but something is still amiss. I'm going to double check the install and the new door.

I appreciate your help and counsel. Ill keep you posted whether it needed a new actuator door again or if it was an installation issue. Finally, I might even try flushing the radiator fluid if all else fails. Ill keep you posted.

Thank you!
Did you ever discover and correct the actual issue? Having the same problem. Very little on driver side no heat issue. Tonnes of the obverse issue with heat only on driver, but of course thats not my issue. Center console is blazing hot also. Closed vents to rear seat so much heat is coming out, but only exacerbates problem. As problem-free as this vehicles engine has been, this is a major issue. Makes driving a chore where it was once exhilarating.