RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New Android headunit

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-21, 10:21 AM
Bojiboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this and glad you’re happy with it. I was just thinking if two years from today if the company will give a map update.
Is this something that they mentioned or added purchase🤔
Old 10-31-21, 10:42 AM
Bojiboy
Driver School Candidate

Nice find. I wish to see a complete install and function (maybe on 2011 rx350). Thanks
Old 10-31-21, 10:52 AM
Amiez
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T'EYES CarPlay Android Auto Kit

Hello.
Before I buy the T'EYES CX3 Kit (includes head-unit, touch screen and all components needed to install) I am looking for an electronics car audio shop to do the installation.

However, if you want to learn more about the CC3 here's a link:

https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index_mb.html

Originally Posted by Bojiboy
Thanks for posting this and glad you’re happy with it. I was just thinking if two years from today if the company will give a map update.
Is this something that they mentioned or added purchase🤔
Old 10-31-21, 04:23 PM
Bojiboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Amiez
Hello.
Before I buy the T'EYES CX3 Kit (includes head-unit, touch screen and all components needed to install) I am looking for an electronics car audio shop to do the installation.

However, if you want to learn more about the CC3 here's a link:

https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index_mb.html
I hope you can post a vid of the function. This is interesting 🤗
Old 11-05-21, 10:00 AM
Amiez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Alphapidge
Hey everyone! Here is an update!

@coljaboy AutoTec is the same product [almost], I would not use them over beatsonic [Eric has AMAZING customer support].

As for my headunit, the headunit from Navihua came in and it works flawlessly. I have used it for over a month and I must say, having apple carplay is great for city driving. I must warn everyone you absolutely NEED to put a 10.25 inch screen protector on your head unit [if you get one]. The screen they have on it is extremely weak. Wiping it down with a clean microfiber cloth will leave scratches all over it, and obviously it being touch screen you will periodically need to wipe it down. Save yourself the frustration, put a nice screen protector on it.

Regardless, it works great! I love that it is duo operating system. If anyone figures out how to have it actually speak directions to you [via bluetooth] while in apple carplay please let me know. Right now my podcasts and music and everything works fine via bluetooth using apple automation, but I have no tackled the navigation.
Hello.
I've read your posts and haven't seen problems due to Lexus running the radio through the heater controls, such as losing HVAC, etc.

The other day, I thought I found a professional automotive electronics shop to install a new infotainment system in my 2015 Rx350, but they will not get involved with changing any Lexus radios. Integration concerns...

Thank you.
Old 11-24-21, 07:12 PM
jchen096
Driver School Candidate

So i purchased my headunit swap a year and half ago for my 2016 lexus from aliexpress. It was working great till recently. A few days ago the screen went gray and now you dont see anything on the screen but it turns on. anyone else experience this problem before?
Old 11-28-21, 11:14 AM
Young0ne
Driver School Candidate

Post below
Old 11-28-21, 11:15 AM
Young0ne
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bojiboy
I hope you can post a vid of the function. This is interesting 🤗
I bought this and so far it’s 4 out 5 because of the price
Old 05-19-22, 06:37 AM
Robertgar
1st Gear

Hey everyone!

I came across this and wanted to see if anyone else has looked into it.

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/lexus...oid-head-unit/

As far as I can tell, the headunit keeps all normal functions and adds a little more to the display including size. I am moreso interested in it being an android operating system meaning we could use apple-carplay on it with ease "Although I need it clarified that the MOUSE would function while using apple carplay".

Thanks!

DVDGPSNAV Android Header Unit Disaster! Beware.

I gave one star as I can't give zero or negative
I bought an Android Header Unit from DVDGPSNAV
What a DISASTER
I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone buying from them
I received the unit, took it to a professional installer to install, there was no documentation re DIP Switch Settings. They were not available online, so I would have to go back to installer.
They sent the settings, I went back,, but it was faulty – the 360 degree box was faulty.
They wanted another US$60 to send a replacement 360 camera box in advance of receiving the faulty one back – I paid
I got the new board, went to installer for 3rd time – again, it did not work.
We confirmed the main part worked, but my car has the 360 degree camera – that part (the extra box) did not work
We then spent 1.5 hrs on video call being treated like novices – check the yellow cable plugged in! I was with a professional installer!
I had to pay the installer 3 times for installation. I had to pay US$60 for replacement board.
It appears the fault is in the header unit – video input.
I’ve had enough.
Then Sarah had the cheek to say we didn’t co-operate with technician!
The really sad part is it should have just plugged in and worked. The rest of it works apart from the 360 camera – but without that it is useless in my car.
So my advice is buy a different product
My car is original Lexus, have not had any modifications done to it, the original system put back works fine
Old 05-31-22, 09:19 AM
QuadVein
1st Gear

Sure! Here is a link to the Navihua headunit: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3cb42fc27bQy4l

Here is a link to the screen protector I used [fits perfectly]:
Amazon Amazon

Here is a link to a USB adapter cable [this allows you to route one of the USB ports into the factory usb port found in your center console, assuming the 2010 has the same port my 2014 has, it's nice for keeping the phone hidden]:
Amazon Amazon

Here is a link to the carplay adapter:
Amazon Amazon
[works perfectly!]

The headunit works with android auto built into it. If you want to use carplay you will need to get the carplay adapter! Mine is set up so it's completely integrated into the car [or so it appears], as my phone is connected with the hidden USB port in my center console.
@Alphapidge thanks for all of your hard work and research.. I just ordered the NaviHua unit...quite an experience! The salesperson assured me I do not need a separate adapter for Apple CarPlay. Not sure I believe that. I just purchased a 2011 RX350 w/o Navigation. Can't wait to test out the NaviHua unit. I'll post pics and an update when it shows up. (it will show up, right??).

I've been combing the forum...anybody put an aftermarket amp and sub in their RX? This will be the first car I've owned where I didn't gut the stereo and electronics and upgrade everything...not sure that's a smart play with Lexus. Also my first Lexus.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-22, 07:55 AM
Alphapidge
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning everyone,

I realized that I kind of left everyone hanging and just disappeared and it seems many were interested in the head-unit that I received.

Updates: The head unit still works flawlessly. Apple carplay functions with no issue, and this is all utilizing the USB port within the center console so it makes the car feel clean. I have had no real issues in functionality, and because it's dual operating system you still have the OE software available which is great on occasion especially when changing daylight savings .

If you have any additional questions lmk.
The following users liked this post:
ColAngus (08-31-22)
Old 10-22-22, 10:16 PM
1mangoo
4th Gear

Good morning everyone,

I realized that I kind of left everyone hanging and just disappeared and it seems many were interested in the head-unit that I received.

Updates: The head unit still works flawlessly. Apple carplay functions with no issue, and this is all utilizing the USB port within the center console so it makes the car feel clean. I have had no real issues in functionality, and because it's dual operating system you still have the OE software available which is great on occasion especially when changing daylight savings .

Has anybody with the base model head unit been able to use their hvac controls? If so, how did you manage?

I know you mentioned dual operating system but will i have the same functionality with my base model? Thanks
Old 01-03-23, 10:26 AM
maxxed
7th Gear

Hello.

I reached out to T'EYES for assistance to ensure I get all cables, etc. needed.

I found the perfect Android head unit with touchscreen. Here's the link to T'EYES:
https://www.teyes.com.au/products/le...40709887262916

Link to the review:

PREMIUM Teyes CC3 Head Unit - Truly AMAZING - Apple Carplay SPDIF Coaxial and Optical Digital Audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_vjC0mWKE&t=799s

seems like this doesn't work with a certain models with joystick.
Old 01-03-23, 08:11 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello.
I've read your posts and haven't seen problems due to Lexus running the radio through the heater controls, such as losing HVAC, etc.

The other day, I thought I found a professional automotive electronics shop to install a new infotainment system in my 2015 Rx350, but they will not get involved with changing any Lexus radios. Integration concerns...

Thank you.
would this unit work on stock navi and backup camera?
Old 01-03-23, 08:39 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good morning everyone,

so all the issues you were having has been resolved?

Quick Reply: New Android headunit