RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Intermittent loss of phone / all sources of Audio/ and remote touch controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-20, 09:26 PM
OzoneSal
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intermittent loss of phone / all sources of Audio/ and remote touch controller

Hello Lexusers,
A recent 2011 RX450H owner with 109k and 9 years on it. Options =Navigation
Intermittently for a few seconds or longer the audio across all sources is lost as well as Bluetooth telephone audio or ability to connect /remote touch controller cursor is not controllable when this occurs also.
I've tried swapping touch controller with a salvage one as i believe that was related to audio as well but no resolve.
The salvage unit could have same issue or I've been barking up the wrong tree. Thanks for your time

Last edited by OzoneSal; 08-24-20 at 09:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pete31 (07-07-22)
Old 08-25-20, 07:24 AM
NickSP
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by OzoneSal
Hello Lexusers,
A recent 2011 RX450H owner with 109k and 9 years on it. Options =Navigation
Intermittently for a few seconds or longer the audio across all sources is lost as well as Bluetooth telephone audio or ability to connect /remote touch controller cursor is not controllable when this occurs also.
I've tried swapping touch controller with a salvage one as i believe that was related to audio as well but no resolve.
The salvage unit could have same issue or I've been barking up the wrong tree. Thanks for your time
When you say touch control do you mean the mouse type control? When you lose sound do you also lose the screen? Does it go dark? It could be the factory harness that connects the head unit to the sound and the controller.
Old 08-25-20, 12:36 PM
OzoneSal
7th Gear

Default Intermittent loss of phone / all sources of Audio/ and remote touch controller

Originally Posted by NickSP
When you say touch control do you mean the mouse type control? When you lose sound do you also lose the screen? Does it go dark? It could be the factory harness that connects the head unit to the sound and the controller.
Thank you Nick, yes it's the mouse cursor disappears or freezes on a live powered normally lit screen.
No issues with the screen .
Audio disappearing from all sources including /Bluetooth phone and in same instance mouse cursor inoperative for A second at a time to sometimes a minute. I've began tearing down mouse to clean /find bad contact. I will look for that harness from head unit to controller? Thanks again

Dirty solder b4 cleaning

clean solder after cleaning
Old 07-06-22, 11:44 PM
pete31
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hi OzoneSal, My enter button doesnt work, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't

You never posted a follow up, to let us know if cleaning the circuitry fixed your problem. I want to know, because, yesterday I accidentally dropped some watermelon water, not a lot on the control but the enter button got wet a little, so now it works very erratically. ( I fear some water got inside) I mean now the enter button sometimes does what is supposed to do and sometimes it doesn't. I would really appreciate also if you could point me to where are the instructions to dis - assemble the Control pad. Blessings!!

Originally Posted by OzoneSal
Thank you Nick, yes it's the mouse cursor disappears or freezes on a live powered normally lit screen.
No issues with the screen .
Audio disappearing from all sources including /Bluetooth phone and in same instance mouse cursor inoperative for A second at a time to sometimes a minute. I've began tearing down mouse to clean /find bad contact. I will look for that harness from head unit to controller? Thanks again

You never posted a follow up, to let us know if cleaning the circuitry fixed your problem. I want to know, because, yesterday I accidentally dropped some watermelon water, not a lot on the control but the enter button got wet a little, so now it works very erratically. ( I fear some water got inside) I mean now the enter button sometimes does what is supposed to do and sometimes it doesn't. I would really appreciate also if you could point me to where are the instructions to dis - assemble the Control pad. Blessings!!

Dirty solder b4 cleaning

clean solder after cleaning
Old 07-07-22, 12:03 AM
pete31
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Lexus 450H Remote Touch Control issues

Blessings Everyone,

This evening I accidentally dropped some watermelon water, not a lot on the Remote Touch control and the enter button got wet a little, so now it works very erratically. ( I fear some water got inside) I mean now the enter button sometimes does what is supposed to do and sometimes it doesn't. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to remove it from the center console, so I could try what user OzoneSal did. Although he never followed up to let us know if cleaning the circuitry got his issue resolved. I have also been looking online for a used replacement, but I can't even find what part number to look for.

Also if anyone could point me to where are the instructions to dis - assemble the Control pad, I would really appreciate it. Blessings!!
Mine is a 2010 450H VIN # JTJBC1BA9A2006202
Old 07-07-22, 05:46 AM
OzoneSal
7th Gear

Default Water intrusion coming from rear?

The touch controller was not the the only electronic item affected in the circuitry
It appears that the amp ar the rear or other device in this loop is being affected by some mystery minor water intrusion coming from possibly the rear of vehcle..
Haven't been able to completely Isolated and have used damp rid product to keep the moisture down otherwise erratic behavior of entertainment system occurs.