RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus Service History

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-20, 09:23 PM
kjkcjk
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus Service History

Is the Lexus Service History from https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/history reliable information as to what may have been done, or is it boiler plate items on the 'list' of maintenance items every 5k miles? I just found tonight with my new to me used rx350 that popping in the VIN and creating an account got me access to the entire history of dealer visits this car had with its 1 owner, and it was like clockwork every 5k miles, basically the guy was putting it into Lexus twice a year for routine maintenance of whatever was on the list in the manual. The only service actual repair seemed to be a rear driver side shock absorber leaking after 80K miles and 7 years..... that's it? and just recently new front/rear Brakes and New Front Tires to go with Back tires that had 7/32" tread.

I guess granted it doesn't show if they took it into an independent for other stuff, or if DIY.... but still - that seems hard to believe...

Just curious other peoples experience with what is listed in there.
Old 09-27-20, 10:11 PM
NickSP
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

How many miles on your car when you bought it? Also routine maintenance is a lot of things. Oil changes etc. An oil change will show up as LOF. Tire rotations must have been done in routine checks. Fluid checks.
​​​​​​That site is pretty accurate. Is there something specific you were looking for?
My experience was great. I found out what was done on the car and more importantly what was not done. They had installed a brand new hybrid battery which made me jump on the deal. They even changed the oil pipe. Rear shocks. All I had to do was change the plugs and drain and refill the transmission fluid.
Old 09-28-20, 04:14 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,160 Likes on 990 Posts

It is accurate. The prior owner just happened to be obsessive about maintenance. They probably always took it to the dealer for all repairs and maintenance. I have friends like that.
You can also use it before buying a car to screen out the ones with lots of warranty work or other issues that the dealer saw. Toyota has a similar site that uses the same log on as Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
RX10 (09-30-20)
Old 09-28-20, 05:09 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 327 Posts

I concur, the website is accurate.
Old 09-29-20, 08:43 PM
kjkcjk
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NickSP
How many miles on your car when you bought it? Also routine maintenance is a lot of things. Oil changes etc. An oil change will show up as LOF. Tire rotations must have been done in routine checks. Fluid checks.
​​​​​​That site is pretty accurate. Is there something specific you were looking for?
My experience was great. I found out what was done on the car and more importantly what was not done. They had installed a brand new hybrid battery which made me jump on the deal. They even changed the oil pipe. Rear shocks. All I had to do was change the plugs and drain and refill the transmission fluid.
85,000 miles

I think I was just trying to understand how accurate it might be. I went actually through it line by line of what they were to do every 5K miles - and basically it mirrored everything and then it also showed some additional things they might have also done on those visits. I think it is like some of the others mentioned, the prior owner just was religious about taking it in every 5K miles per the service manual recommended guidelines and doing whatever they said was needed, and it didn't seem like Lexus was packing the visits with 'extra' stuff to also do... Also very curious what he paid for each of those types of 5K mileage visits.... I may elect to do the same, just to catch an issue early possibly...
Old 09-30-20, 09:48 AM
davrober
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This discription sounds like my car , 2011 rx350 every 5 k dealer recommended service and at 80k a new rear leaking shock. If your into looking after your car you can do a lot of this yourself but me Im just to lazy and truthfully I havent had a thing go wrong with this car since we bought it new. Just brakes and tires at the regular rate of wear, synth oil always . It comes with it but I used it in the planes I flew from day one when it first arrived on scene and believe me it works. We would tear an engine down for its major overhaul and the engine parts were at factory new specs , not just allowable so I swear by it. My only beef was the gas milage and it required 91 octane by the manual when the 2013 models same engine same compression ratio only needed regular . I asked the service manager and he said regular is fine because they didnt change anything in the engine. They both have the anti knock timing so its fine . I learned this After 4000 dollars extra spent on high test (always sunoco).I was a little pissed off but been on regular for a year and its fine runs just like it always did.Has 101,000 now , service twice a year Soring and pre winter.
Old 10-01-20, 04:31 AM
RX10
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I just found a similarly maintained 2010 RX 350. With a meticulously scheduled maintenance history (every 5K) a few minor maintenance issues along with regular maintenance and 71K mileage, it seems to be a nice find like those mentioned above.