RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2013 RX350 Custom Audio System Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-21, 04:43 PM
navarachi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 RX350 Custom Audio System Installed

Hello Everyone,

With all the issues for installing custom audio solutions in the RX's and Lexus's in general, I wanted to post a success story of a system I recently had installed.

I was able to integrate a custom audio system into the RX 350 and it turned out to be a more than worthwhile endeavor. After owning an IS350 and having a system installed there as well, as with most Lexus custom audio installs, I knew it was not going to be without its challenges. After finding a new shop to undertake the system installation with open arms, we proceeded to order and install the following equipment.

BeatSonic Phone Screen Mirror Kit
2 Pairs of Rockford Fosgate T2 Components for front and back seats
1 JL Audio 10' W6V2
1 Rockford Fosgate r2-500x1 - For Sub
1 Rockford Fosgate r2-300x4 - For Components

The installer mentioned that we could install all new speakers, rewire, and power them through the sub using these Rockford amplifiers that allow an integration possible with the factory head unit . There was a language barrier so that was all I was able to understand regarding the interface. As you may have known this, however, this new integration possibility was new to me.

We also integrated the BeatSonic mirror kit to the head unit with outstanding results. What really surprised me was the head unit, as dated as it is, had many tuning options to make the integration flawless with both video and audio elements. At first, the screen was somewhat warped without knowing about the tuning options. Soon as those options were easily found, screen exceeded initial expectations by a mile. This kit really brings the screen to life; its truly a beautiful screen. Who knew?

The results are absolutely amazing imho. Can stream music videos, Plex, Waze, picture in picture. This is possible through Android Smart View. Audio is absolutely amazing with zero vibration from the outside. This turned out to be the favorite system I have ever put in a car.

If you have the inclination, I cannot recommend this setup more highly. Good luck with yours! Thanks!

I have the phone mounted with a goose neck stand that I can now use without putting my head down. Way safer!

The following users liked this post:
Lrobby99 (01-02-24)
Old 02-26-21, 11:58 AM
ViktorG
Driver

Received 191 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice work!
The following 2 users liked this post by ViktorG:
Lrobby99 (01-02-24), navarachi (02-26-21)
Old 02-27-21, 03:50 PM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Please tell us how much the installation labour was.
Old 03-01-21, 05:48 PM
navarachi
Driver

I believe the labor was approximately $400.00. Shop was slightly ghetto so it was not itemized receipt.
The following users liked this post:
Lrobby99 (01-02-24)
Old 05-08-21, 05:44 AM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. I’d like to install an aftermarket amp and sub as well. Do you happen to know where they ran the power wires through the firewall? Pictures would be even better.
Old 05-10-21, 12:16 PM
m5rahul
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts

def. looks great! The W6 is an amazing sub!
I'd be looking into doing something similar if I weren't considering getting a 4th Gen or GX.
Old 05-10-21, 10:01 PM
NickSP
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by navarachi
I believe the labor was approximately $400.00. Shop was slightly ghetto so it was not itemized receipt.
I'm interested in the Android capability since I'm totally happy with the audio side of things.
Is your display simply a mirror of your phone or are you able to use the joystick and use the display to select apps, Google maps etc? Thanks
Old 01-01-24, 06:41 PM
TedDBayer
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How were amps integrated/installed/connected?

Originally Posted by navarachi
Hello Everyone,

With all the issues for installing custom audio solutions in the RX's and Lexus's in general, I wanted to post a success story of a system I recently had installed.

I was able to integrate a custom audio system into the RX 350 and it turned out to be a more than worthwhile endeavor. After owning an IS350 and having a system installed there as well, as with most Lexus custom audio installs, I knew it was not going to be without its challenges. After finding a new shop to undertake the system installation with open arms, we proceeded to order and install the following equipment.

BeatSonic Phone Screen Mirror Kit
2 Pairs of Rockford Fosgate T2 Components for front and back seats
1 JL Audio 10' W6V2
1 Rockford Fosgate r2-500x1 - For Sub
1 Rockford Fosgate r2-300x4 - For Components

The installer mentioned that we could install all new speakers, rewire, and power them through the sub using these Rockford amplifiers that allow an integration possible with the factory head unit . There was a language barrier so that was all I was able to understand regarding the interface. As you may have known this, however, this new integration possibility was new to me.

We also integrated the BeatSonic mirror kit to the head unit with outstanding results. What really surprised me was the head unit, as dated as it is, had many tuning options to make the integration flawless with both video and audio elements. At first, the screen was somewhat warped without knowing about the tuning options. Soon as those options were easily found, screen exceeded initial expectations by a mile. This kit really brings the screen to life; its truly a beautiful screen. Who knew?

The results are absolutely amazing imho. Can stream music videos, Plex, Waze, picture in picture. This is possible through Android Smart View. Audio is absolutely amazing with zero vibration from the outside. This turned out to be the favorite system I have ever put in a car.

If you have the inclination, I cannot recommend this setup more highly. Good luck with yours! Thanks!

I have the phone mounted with a goose neck stand that I can now use without putting my head down. Way safer!

i have a 2013 also. How were the amps integrated/installed/connected to the system ??
If wired to stock amp outputs then its not a pure signal, has modified sound and bass roll off above certain level. Is this how it was installed ,?? Did you use LOC or Audio Control or PAC ?
Old 01-02-24, 08:26 PM
navarachi
Driver

Originally Posted by NickSP
I'm interested in the Android capability since I'm totally happy with the audio side of things.
Is your display simply a mirror of your phone or are you able to use the joystick and use the display to select apps, Google maps etc? Thanks
Sorry this is so late. It's a mirror of my phone