RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Cannot voice call person in contact list with Google Pixel6 phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-22, 06:08 PM
tgmccm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot voice call person in contact list with Google Pixel6 phone

About a week ago the voice calling feature in my wife's 2013 RX450H developed a problem where it does not recognize any names in the contact list when using voice activated phone calling. Her Pixel6 has been working fine for this feature for about 5 months until now. I tested it and it does not work with my voice either. Using the "Call Name Type" command will just go back to the menu display or display some random name from the contact list. Using the "Dial Number" voice command works fine so it is hearing the voice and understanding spoken numbers, just not understanding the names. Other car voice commands do work though. I have transferred the contact list several times and restarted the phone several times to no avail. When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 all works fine.
When trying voice commands to call a contact using "Hey Google" on the Pixel6 itself it works fine. I have searched and not found any other reports of this issue. Wondering if anyone here has experienced this and has possibly found a solution. It seems it could be a phone problem as my Samsung works but the Pixel6 voice calling works fine in my 2014 Chrysler T&C. I am at a loss. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.