RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

iPad mount for driver

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-23 | 06:07 PM
wtruitt
5th Gear

Default iPad mount for driver

Wanting to mount ipad in 2017 RX-350 as a “cheap” CarPlay. Any suggestions?
Old 05-19-23 | 08:35 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Search for ProClip on the web. Go to the Business section and review your options. Call ProClip to get detailed information on what they recommend.
The following users liked this post:
wtruitt (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23 | 06:42 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCalRX
Search for ProClip on the web. Go to the Business section and review your options. Call ProClip to get detailed information on what they recommend.
OP - in case you don't know - with Pro Clip, you choose the mount for your car, then you add to it the mount for the device. Sadly, the mount for our cars block an AC vent. Especially with something as large as an iPad. Here's a link for the mount for our cars. Here's a link for the tablet mounts. Possibly a better option would be a generic cup holder mount
There are a whole bunch of cup holder mounts on Amazon, also.
The following 2 users liked this post by Randyp1234:
ravenuer (05-20-23), wtruitt (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23 | 06:54 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
OP - in case you don't know - with Pro Clip, you choose the mount for your car, then you add to it the mount for the device. Sadly, the mount for our cars block an AC vent. Especially with something as large as an iPad. Here's a link for the mount for our cars. Here's a link for the tablet mounts. Possibly a better option would be a generic cup holder mount
There are a whole bunch of cup holder mounts on Amazon, also.
This is why I directed him to the “business” section as there are the mounts capable of securely mounting an iPad. These mounts as are not vent mounted and are affixed elsewhere where they are structurally better suited. Personally, I would never cup mount an item as large as an iPad (even the smaller iPads) as they will become a flying projectile in the event of an accident or sudden stop. I have used ProClip for over two decades and was introduced to the brand with corporate fleet vehicles. It’s a brand with strong history.
wtruitt (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23 | 07:01 AM
rx45oh
Rookie

If you not going to use CD/DVD player, you can search "cd slot mount" in amazon.
wtruitt (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23 | 07:08 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCalRX
This is why I directed him to the “business” section as there are the mounts capable of securely mounting an iPad. These mounts as are not vent mounted and are affixed elsewhere where they are structurally better suited. Personally, I would never cup mount an item as large as an iPad (even the smaller iPads) as they will become a flying projectile in the event of an accident or sudden stop. I have used ProClip for over two decades and was introduced to the brand with corporate fleet vehicles. It’s a brand with strong history.
I agree with everything you said. I've used a ProClip mount in the 2015 RX I just traded off for years. It didn't block a vent and was rock solid. I just didn't look close enough at the business section to see that it covered auto mounts. A very quick, browse made me think it was for more stationary in an office environment mounting.
Old 05-20-23 | 08:06 AM
wtruitt
5th Gear

Thanks for the recommendations.. I will contact Proclip on Monday