RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

High Pressure Fuel Pump recall

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-23 | 08:47 AM
MKenM
Advanced

Default High Pressure Fuel Pump Cust Support Program Notice

Just got a voluntary customer support program notice related to the above thread title. Where is it located. I get a fuel smell occasionally and just what to know where the fuel pump is located. I want to see if there are any signs of fuel leakage.

Last edited by MKenM; 07-18-23 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-17-23 | 09:28 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Originally Posted by MKenM
Just got a voluntary customer support program notice related to the above thread title. Where is it located. I get a fuel smell occasionally and just what to know where the fuel pump is located. I want to see if there are any signs of fuel leakage.
Usually the fuel pump is located inside the gas tank.
Old 07-17-23 | 10:37 AM
dibl
Instructor

High pressure pump is in the engine bay -- toward the driver's seat. It provides fuel for direct injection. Low pressure pump is in the fuel tank.
The following 2 users liked this post by dibl:
GoldenYear (07-19-23), ravenuer (07-17-23)
Old 07-17-23 | 01:27 PM
TriC
Racer

No need to check for a leak. As the notice says, if you smell fuel, take it in for repair.
Old 07-17-23 | 05:47 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TriC
No need to check for a leak. As the notice says, if you smell fuel, take it in for repair.
I always keep my AC on recirculate so I wanted to just look and see if there are fuel stains anywhere.
Old 07-18-23 | 04:12 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

I thought that the recall was for the low pressure pump in the tank, not the high pressure pump?
Old 07-18-23 | 04:52 AM
jcg0324
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quantum501
I thought that the recall was for the low pressure pump in the tank, not the high pressure pump?
There was a recall for the low pressure fuel pump. What the OP is referring to is not a "recall" but a "Customer Support Program" which involves a limited number of Lexus and Toyota vehicles that have some fuel seepage at the high pressure fuel pump. If you smell gasoline coming from under the hood, take it to Lexus for a high pressure pump replacement. I believe the reference ID is Customer Support Program 23LE03. Very little info on the internet about this condition.
The following 3 users liked this post by jcg0324:
Quantum501 (07-18-23), ravenuer (07-18-23), SonOfABisc (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23 | 07:54 AM
MKenM
Advanced

I don't think I used the word recall. Here is the document.

Certain 2019-2022 Model Year ES 350 Vehicles
Certain 2018-2021 Model Year RX 350L Vehicles
Certain 2016-2022 Model Year RX 450h Vehicles
Certain 2018-2022 Model Year RX 450h L Vehicles
Certain 2016-2022 Model Year RX 350 Vehicles

Coverage for High-pressure Fuel Pump - Low Pressure Fuel Seepage CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROGRAM 23LE03

Dear Lexus Owner At Lexus, we are dedicated to providing vehicles of outstanding quality and value. As part of our continual efforts to ensure customer satisfaction, Lexus would like to advise you of a voluntary Customer Support Program that has been initiated for your vehicle. Lexus has received reports about a fuel seepage from the high-pressure fuel pump in the subject vehicles. In these reports, customer have experienced fuel odor. While the majority of vehicles will not experience this condition, we are offering the following Customer Support Program This Customer Support Program provides coverage as it applies to the high-pressure fuel pump on the models and model years listed above. The specific condition covered by this program is related to a presence of fuel odor in or around the engine bay originating from the high-pressure fuel pump. If the condition is verified, the vehicle will be repaired with a new high pressure fuel pump under the terms of this Customer Support Program How can I tell if I have this condition? If the presence of a fuel odor in or around the engine compartment is detected, the vehicle may be experiencing this condition. The condition covered by this customer support program is specific to the engine compartment fuel odor from the high-pressure fuel pump seepage. This condition is most commonly noticed upon vehicle start up with the heating/air conditioning system turned on while drawing air through the fresh air vent (non-recirculation). The presence of a fuel odor originating from the high-pressure fuel pump may be detected in the vehicle interior under these conditions. The presence of a fuel odor is common after refueling the vehicle and other sources of gasoline. Fuel odor can also be caused by other vehicle conditions. Persistent odor could indicate the condition covered by this program or a different condition not covered exists. If a fuel odor is detected, you should have the vehicle diagnosed by an authorized Lexus dealer. Coverage 10 years from the Date of First Use (DOFU) with no mileage limitation What should you do? Please tear off and insert the sheet at the bottom of the page into the back of your Owner's Manual for future reference. If you have not experienced the condition described in the Customer Support Program Details below, there is no action necessary at this time. If you have experienced this condition, we recommend you contact any authorized Lexus dealer and make arrangements for diagnosis and, if applicable, repair. To allow dealers to more accurately diagnose the condition, Lexus recommends owners avoid refueling the vehicle directly before their appointment. The repair will take approximately 3 hours. However, depending upon the dealer's work schedule, it may be necessary to make the vehicle available for a longer period of time.

Last edited by MKenM; 07-18-23 at 11:05 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by MKenM:
bamalam (07-18-23), jcg0324 (07-18-23), JohnD333 (07-24-23), ravenuer (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23 | 10:11 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

Originally Posted by MKenM
I don't think I used the word recall. Here is the document.

Certain 2019-2022 Model Year ES 350 Vehicles Certain 2018-2021 Model Year RX 350L Vehicles Certain 2016-2022 Model Year RX 450h Vehicles Certain 2018-2022 Model Year RX 450h L
Vehicles Certain 2016-2022 Model Year RX 350 Vehicles Coverage for High-pressure Fuel Pump - Low Pressure Fuel Seepage CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROGRAM 23LE03 NOTIFICATION VIN 272HZMDA4LC235395 Dear Lexus Owner At Lexus, we are dedicated to providing vehicles of outstanding quality and value. As part of our continual efforts to ensure customer satisfaction, Lexus would like to advise you of a voluntary Customer Support Program that has been initiated for your vehicle. Lexus has received reports about a fuel seepage from the high-pressure fuel pump in the subject vehicles. In these reports, customer have experienced fuel odor. While the majority of vehicles will not experience this condition, we are offering the following Customer Support Program This Customer Support Program provides coverage as it applies to the high-pressure fuel pump on the models and model years listed above. The specific condition covered by this program is related to a presence of fuel odor in or around the engine bay originating from the high-pressure fuel pump. If the condition is verified, the vehicle will be repaired with a new high pressure fuel pump under the terms of this Customer Support Program How can I tell if I have this condition? If the presence of a fuel odor in or around the engine compartment is detected, the vehicle may be experiencing this condition. The condition covered by this customer support program is specific to the engine compartment fuel odor from the high-pressure fuel pump seepage. This condition is most commonly noticed upon vehicle start up with the heating/air conditioning system turned on while drawing air through the fresh air vent (non-recirculation). The presence of a fuel odor originating from the high-pressure fuel pump may be detected in the vehicle interior under these conditions. The presence of a fuel odor is common after refueling the vehicle and other sources of gasoline. Fuel odor can also be caused by other vehicle conditions. Persistent odor could indicate the condition covered by this program or a different condition not covered exists. If a fuel odor is detected, you should have the vehicle diagnosed by an authorized Lexus dealer. Coverage 10 years from the Date of First Use (DOFU) with no mileage limitation What should you do? Please tear off and insert the sheet at the bottom of the page into the back of your Owner's Manual for future reference. If you have not experienced the condition described in the Customer Support Program Details below, there is no action necessary at this time. If you have experienced this condition, we recommend you contact any authorized Lexus dealer and make arrangements for diagnosis and, if applicable, repair. To allow dealers to more accurately diagnose the condition, Lexus recommends owners avoid refueling the vehicle directly before their appointment. The repair will take approximately 3 hours. However, depending upon the dealer's work schedule, it may be necessary to make the vehicle available for a longer period of time. What if you have other questions? . Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions sheet included with this letter. Your local Lexus dealer will also be more than happy to answer any of your questions. If you require further assistance, please visit http://Lexus.com/contact for options to contact the Lexus Brand Engagement Center. . If you would like to update your vehicle ownership or contact information, please visit https://www.toyota.com/recall/update-info-lexus. You wi need your full 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to input the new information. What if you have previously paid for repairs to your vehicle for this specific condition? If you have previously paid for repairs related to this condition, please mail a copy of your repair order, proof-of-payment, and ownershi information to the following address for reimbursement consideration: Lexus A Division of Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc. PO Box 259001-SSC/CSP
Sorry....the title of the thread threw me off.
The following users liked this post:
SonOfABisc (07-18-23)