RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-21, 08:00 AM
e3e3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Welcome! Wait, what...? You went from a 2018 GLC 43 to a 2017 RX 350? That’s backwards...please explain😳
haha!
I had that as a lease through my business. I wanted to buy something used but luxurious. Always wanted a RX and found a steal of a deal from a friends dealership with very low milage.

The GLC was a good car but honestly my wife's 2020 Acura RDX A spec drives just as nice(ok maybe not nearly as fast. but i'm not a racer!) with the same features and about 30k less...Happy to be in my new RX!

Last edited by e3e3; 02-03-21 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-19-21, 06:12 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 508 Likes on 348 Posts
Default RX450h F Sport

Just picked her up. Turned in our leased perfect '18 450h; been looking for a white on red F Sport for more than 4 months.
I like the ride of the F Sport better; our car was a little too squishy for me. Wish I knew that 3 years ago!
Our car is already sold, sight unseen; used white on black Hybrid RXs are hot. I am embarrassed to say it only has 6,000 miles on the clock.

Old 02-20-21, 09:03 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 508 Likes on 348 Posts

Putnam just out our '18 RX450h up for just under $41K. I bet it sells today. White on black low mile Hybrid....
Old 02-24-21, 05:33 AM
FLRanFan
Driver School Candidate

Default First RX First Post

Hi Y'all. Just wanted to introduce my brand new 2021, base RX with alot of add ons. I must say after all the cars I've owned this feels the best built, just solid all the way around. Look forward to meeting everyone on this forum.

Old 02-24-21, 03:33 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by FLRanFan
Hi Y'all. Just wanted to introduce my brand new 2021, base RX with alot of add ons. I must say after all the cars I've owned this feels the best built, just solid all the way around. Look forward to meeting everyone on this forum.
Congratulations!
The following users liked this post:
DavidAvery (02-25-21)
Old 02-26-21, 10:31 AM
snaderi
Driver School Candidate

Default New 2017 rx350 Owner

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your RX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. RX350 or RX450h
2. Navigation or no navigation
3. Color or the exterior and interior
4. Option Packages
5. Sport model? 18s or 19s

Other details such as pictures you might have of your RX or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
hi everyone. Just bought my first 2917 rx350 f sport with navigation panorama roof mark Kevin’s on radio and seems all the options. The color is nebula gray with red interior.
very nice car. But it definitely had a learning curve to figure out everything

I’m interested in buying the original mats and cargo mat. I know we were able to get parts cheaper from Sewell Lexus. But they stopped. Is there any new places that we can make purchases at a better rate
Old 02-28-21, 03:17 PM
jynewjerse
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello from a Newbie from New Jersey

Hi everyone,
I have been a driver for 30 years.
My current Lexus is a 2021 RX350 regular model without navigation. Only Climate package was ordered. Driver Assist is standard to all RX models as I was told.
Hope to learn the most about my first Lexus from everyone here who knows more about Lexus. I have had the car since 1/14/2021 and been enjoying the ride very much, compared to my Infiniti and Mercedes SUV's before.
Old 03-01-21, 07:12 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by jynewjerse
Hi everyone,
I have been a driver for 30 years.
My current Lexus is a 2021 RX350 regular model without navigation. Only Climate package was ordered. Driver Assist is standard to all RX models as I was told.
Hope to learn the most about my first Lexus from everyone here who knows more about Lexus. I have had the car since 1/14/2021 and been enjoying the ride very much, compared to my Infiniti and Mercedes SUV's before.
Congratulations! Enjoy your new ride.
Old 03-03-21, 04:49 AM
Lex918
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by snaderi
hi everyone. Just bought my first 2917 rx350 f sport with navigation panorama roof mark Kevin’s on radio and seems all the options. The color is nebula gray with red interior.
very nice car. But it definitely had a learning curve to figure out everything

I’m interested in buying the original mats and cargo mat. I know we were able to get parts cheaper from Sewell Lexus. But they stopped. Is there any new places that we can make purchases at a better rate
This is what I bought, and i'm pretty happy with it. Just FYI.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-F...MAAOSw4A5Ypzma

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-A...YAAOSwrddY79cm
Old 03-03-21, 07:42 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex918
I would greatly suggest the Canadian sourced cargo mat. It covers the back of the back seats, allows splitting the back seats & is very pliable. It will also contain any liquids. I don’t know why it’s not sold at US dealers, but it’s available at Canadian dealers.
Old 03-09-21, 02:58 PM
SC0TT
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New car, New project

Hello RXers!

I've had always been lurking only in the SC430 section for quite some learning new tricks about the UZZ40 for quite some time now well that's going to change since now I can finally be on both the RX 4th gen section as well as the SC430 section on Club Lexus!

Just this weekend, my other half and I picked up this 2018 Eminent White Pearl RX350L FWD with 6 year factory warranty that has 40k miles. It drives great! Only thing I wished it had was a Mark Levinson Audio Package (has premium Audio with larger nav screen) and the privacy shades option which from my understanding is only available in the Hybrid models as an option. Interior is clean and color is Stratus Grey with Walnut Wood Trim. Other than that, its fully loaded. Although, I did want AWD but I drove both and RWD would suffice and after reading the tires for AWD to be more sensitive and uses more gas. Extra caution for driving in wet weather though with RWD!

My first project is to buy a pair of used good condition Headrests for both Passenger and Driver and upholster and insert a Screen that has HDMI and touch screen inputs powered by a Raspberry PI. I'm somewhat experienced with that and did something similar with my previous SC. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-os-macos.html

Either way, excited to be part of the RX club! Below is my SC after a wash and vaccum.

Bonus picture: LC500 Convertible ✌️

Last edited by SC0TT; 03-11-21 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-10-21, 10:53 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 196 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by SC0TT
Hello RXers!

I've had always been lurking only in the SC430 section for quite some learning new tricks about the UZZ40 for quite some time now well that's going to change since now I can finally be on both the RX 4th gen section as well as the SC430 section on Club Lexus!

Just this weekend, my other half and I picked up this 2018 Eminent White Pearl RX350L RWD with 6 year factory warranty that has 40k miles. It drives great! Only thing I wished it had was a Mark Levinson Audio Package (has premium Audio with larger nav screen) and the privacy shades option which from my understanding is only available in the Hybrid models as an option. Interior is clean and color is Stratus Grey with Walnut Wood Trim. Other than that, its fully loaded. Although, I did want AWD but I drove both and RWD would suffice and after reading the tires for AWD to be more sensitive and uses more gas. Extra caution for driving in wet weather though with RWD!

My first project is to buy a pair of used good condition Headrests for both Passenger and Driver and upholster and insert a Screen that has HDMI and touch screen inputs powered by a Raspberry PI. I'm somewhat experienced with that and did something similar with my previous SC. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-os-macos.html

Either way, excited to be part of the RX club! Below is my SC after a wash and vaccum.

Bonus picture: LC500 Convertible ✌️

The RX doesn't come with RWD! It's either FWD or AWD depending on the region.
The following users liked this post:
gadgetman1 (03-10-21)
Old 03-13-21, 03:19 PM
jallen4
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

This is my first post here as all can tell. I bought a 2021 RX350 last week with all-wheel drive. It is the red with black, moonroof, no navigation, 20" wheels, cold weather package, premium package, heated wood wheel, heated and cooled seats, intuitive parking, BSM, and mud guards. This is my first Lexus.

I am a retired Cadillac dealer of many years. I have at one time or another owned most any kind of car you can think of from a VW to a Bentley. I have Mercedes at the present time and Corvettes as toys. I am looking forward to learning from you folks about the Lexus and sharing information about the car world.
Old 03-13-21, 07:17 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 712 Likes on 521 Posts

Picked up our 2021 RX 450h today. This is our third RX. We left the fold for a 5 year detour with an NX. My wife and I enjoyed the NX - but the ride wasn't nearly as refined as the RX and it wasn't as quiet. And most importantly, it didn't have any of the modern safety systems or the Panoramic view monitor. With the NX we were looking for a vehicle that was closer to the ground as my 5'3" wife has some challenges getting into taller vehicles. We put running boards on this RX and I think they look terrific and she feels like this solves her ingress height challenge. You can hardly tell the running boards are present. I also had the body side moldings installed, which is really out of character for me, but I think it really breaks up those white body panels. This came with a Birch interior color which is really interesting. Anyway, I think we are going to really enjoy this RX.

Last edited by TechNut; 03-14-21 at 06:34 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TechNut:
bamalam (03-15-21), fireball63 (03-17-21), jollick (03-15-21)
Old 03-17-21, 06:18 AM
fireball63
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We picked up a 2017 RX 350 AWD Luxury package, noble brown interior with eminent white, Mark Levinson audio. With other bells and whistles I don't even know about yet.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE