RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport vs luxury

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-18, 12:28 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by ut2sua
The dealership I bought my RX had 6 FSport and 66 non-FSport RXs at the time I bought mine.
I don't know if this 1 over 10 ratio hold in actual ownership, but it seems the FSport is a much rarer SUV.
It also seems to me where I live that an FSport can not be had for under $60K (MSRP) while the non-FSport could be in a much wider MSRP range
There are 3 levels of RX350: Base, Luxury, Executive and then there is Sport. Sport is an aside as you give up a lot of the features in the Lux & Exec in exchange for air suspension. I considered it as I liked better the seat colour and grille, but wasn't willing to spend $1,800 more over the Luxury to get less IMO. The other reason why there are less Sport models (according to my salesman) is that this model is there only to attract younger buyers to the brand and that is not expected to be a great seller. We'll see if he was right.
Old 02-12-18, 06:28 PM
Jagnut
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Have a few cheeseburgers and the non F Sport seat will be perfect
thanks for the suggestion but I'm vegetarian lol
Old 02-12-18, 10:00 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocal
There are 3 levels of RX350: Base, Luxury, Executive and then there is Sport. Sport is an aside as you give up a lot of the features in the Lux & Exec in exchange for air suspension. I considered it as I liked better the seat colour and grille, but wasn't willing to spend $1,800 more over the Luxury to get less IMO. The other reason why there are less Sport models (according to my salesman) is that this model is there only to attract younger buyers to the brand and that is not expected to be a great seller. We'll see if he was right.
Well, there ya have it, fuddy-duddy vs young at heart. LOL!!
Old 02-13-18, 05:38 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I wonder what is included in the Executive package. In the US, that option is not available, I believe.
Old 02-13-18, 06:23 PM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I wonder what is included in the Executive package. In the US, that option is not available, I believe.
I think in US it is called Luxury Package. I have the Executive package and it includes glass roof (which I hate so much... rock chips), partly wood steering wheel, power and heated back seats, window shades for back windows, and for me personally...more comfortable REAL leather seats which is not available in F-sport. In return you lose, Adaptive Variable Air Suspension (AVS). I wish Lexus offer 100% add and customization who willing to pay for it like myself. For example, I wanted AVS, real leather large seats, no glass roof and powered and heated seats in the back. If I pay, let's say $$$ extra, I should be able to get it. That would be my dream come true.
Old 02-13-18, 06:51 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mssca
I think in US it is called Luxury Package. I have the Executive package and it includes glass roof (which I hate so much... rock chips), partly wood steering wheel, power and heated back seats, window shades for back windows, and for me personally...more comfortable REAL leather seats which is not available in F-sport. In return you lose, Adaptive Variable Air Suspension (AVS). I wish Lexus offer 100% add and customization who willing to pay for it like myself. For example, I wanted AVS, real leather large seats, no glass roof and powered and heated seats in the back. If I pay, let's say $$$ extra, I should be able to get it. That would be my dream come true.
So, are you saying that F Sport has FAKE leather seats?
Old 02-13-18, 10:25 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mssca
Yes. That is the Luxury Package in the US. The FSport will also have VDIM (spell?) which is suppose to help integrating many things to keep the vehicle under control should an out of control situation arise (it is always difficult to judge the effect of such system). Your wish should be made possible especially if you are willing to special order the CUV
Old 02-13-18, 10:32 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

In the US, FSport can have any feature the Luxury (Executive) package has except for semi-aniline leather and heated and power back seat. FSport in turn has the adaptive suspension and the VDIM system which is not available in the non-FSport (not counting all the cosmetic stuffs).
Old 02-13-18, 10:35 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tomtom74
FSport has real leather, but not "semi-aniline" real. Personally, I thought the FSport leather is better than the base leather which is also real leather (but all these things are subjective).
Old 02-14-18, 01:38 AM
Mikenunb
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Seats.

I wound up with a 2017 F-sport. The dealer was anxious to move it so I got it for more than $3000 under his actual cost. And that also included his dealer hold back. I would have prefered the more luxurious looking interior with wood trim instead of the bland all aluminum. The pedals, especially the dead pedal suck. I'll be replacing them if I can get a standard gas pedal. Anybody know the part number? Does anybody know what is holding the dead pedal to the carpet? Does it have some sort of fastener through the carpet or is it just glued on? The dealer prep left some adhesive from the factory protective film on the metal. It got dirty instantly and looks like hell. I'll have to get down there with some lighter fluid to clean it up. If it can't be swapped out for a reasonable price, I'll figure out some way to cover it. If I can replace them all easily. As for the seats, that is a mixed bag. I am 5'10" @ 220#. The side bolsters are fine. They hold me in perfectly. The seat bolsters are snug. And painful. Have to take the wallet out of the back pocket. Even tighter than in the Supra. Sure hope they loosen up with time. Good use for the little secret compartment left of the steering wheel. By far the coolest thing is the 360 degree panoramic camera! The only problem I can see is that there are too damn many buttons. And menus with layer upon layer of sub-menus. It's gonna take months to figure it all out. All that aside, it's a *****en car. Oh, sorry about that. It's a "great" car.

Mike
2017 Lexus Rx350 F-sport (Fully Loaded)
2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited (Replacement for Tundra)
2005 Toyota Tundra Limited (Rolled it at 70mph. Walked away.)
2004 Toyota Prius (Work commuter. Just retired. It's gotta go.)
1998 Toyota Camry (Sold)
1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (Sold 2016)
1986 Toyota Celica GTS (stolen & stripped)
1984 Toyota Celica GTS (stolen & stripped)
1982 Toyota 4X4 pickup (Sold & exported to Guatemala)
1994 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster (Still in garage)
2003 Harley Davidson 100th anniversary Road Glide (Same)
1971 Plymouth Cricket (Stop laughing)(Sold)
1966 Pontiac Star Chief Executive(Named Sherman, after the tank) (Sold)
1960 Plymouth Valiant (First car. Huge bench back seat.) ;-) (Sold)

Last edited by kitlz; 02-14-18 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-14-18, 03:37 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

power rear seats are NOT part of a lux package, they are additional
VDIM is available on non Fsport 350 and all 450 models

the RX website breaks down what is included in packages
Old 02-14-18, 05:38 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

In Canada the Executive model has all the options, the only one you can add is a remote starter which also is not controlled by Enform as we don't have enform in Canada as of 2017. We may get it in 2018.
Old 02-14-18, 06:11 AM
Supranut
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikenunb
I wound up with a 2017 F-sport. The dealer was anxious to move it so I got it for more than $3000 under his actual cost. And that also included his dealer hold back. I would have prefered the more luxurious looking interior with wood trim instead of the bland all aluminum. The pedals, especially the dead pedal suck. I'll be replacing them if I can get a standard gas pedal. Anybody know the part number? Does anybody know what is holding the dead pedal to the carpet? Does it have some sort of fastener through the carpet or is it just glued on? The dealer prep left some adhesive from the factory protective film on the metal. It got dirty instantly and looks like hell. I'll have to get down there with some lighter fluid to clean it up. If it can't be swapped out for a reasonable price, I'll figure out some way to cover it. If I can replace them all easily. As for the seats, that is a mixed bag. I am 5'10" @ 220#. The side bolsters are fine. They hold me in perfectly. The seat bolsters are snug. And painful. Have to take the wallet out of the back pocket. Even tighter than in the Supra. Sure hope they loosen up with time. Good use for the little secret compartment left of the steering wheel. By far the coolest thing is the 360 degree panoramic camera! The only problem I can see is that there are too damn many buttons. And menus with layer upon layer of sub-menus. It's gonna take months to figure it all out. All that aside, it's a *****en car. Oh, sorry about that. It's a "great" car.

Mike
2017 Lexus Rx350 F-sport (Fully Loaded)
2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited (Replacement for Tundra)
2005 Toyota Tundra Limited (Rolled it at 70mph. Walked away.)
2004 Toyota Prius (Work commuter. Just retired. It's gotta go.)
1998 Toyota Camry (Sold)
1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (Sold 2016)
1986 Toyota Celica GTS (stolen & stripped)
1984 Toyota Celica GTS (stolen & stripped)
1982 Toyota 4X4 pickup (Sold & exported to Guatemala)
1994 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster (Still in garage)
2003 Harley Davidson 100th anniversary Road Glide (Same)
1971 Plymouth Cricket (Stop laughing)(Sold)
1966 Pontiac Star Chief Executive(Named Sherman, after the tank) (Sold)
1960 Plymouth Valiant (First car. Huge bench back seat.) ;-) (Sold)

I had the same problem with the adhesive on the foot rest, mine was a pretty large section, the dealer could not get it clean either so they replaced it. What I did not know was that the foot rest is part of the front carpet. They ended up having to replace the entire carpet section, I didn’t realize it until I saw it on the work order something like $800 for the carpet. Personally, I love the aluminum pedals because they are so easy to clean the snowy salt residue and I like the look of them.
Old 02-14-18, 06:23 AM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

FSport has real leather, but not "semi-aniline" real. Personally, I thought the FSport leather is better than the base leather which is also real leather (but all these things are subjective).
Yea, I know. I was trying to be nice, and thought maybe he/she will correct their false comment.
Old 02-14-18, 06:35 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74
In Canada it is "synthetic leather" on F-Sport while Lexus called it "genuine leather" on Executive package. I assumed F-sport is not real leather or low quality leather because why would a company like Lexus go out of their way to print on their promotional materials stating "synthetic leather" unless they have to by law.

Quick Reply: F-sport vs luxury