RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport vs luxury

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-17, 04:05 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by kanyewest
I went with the F-sport. The lux features, although nice was not enough for me to sacrifice the F-sport grille and wheels which I find significantly better compared to non-F.

I will say though, I am in my 30s. If you are 40+ you are probably going Lux.
Long past 40 and got the F Sport. Grill, wheels, seats, headliner and steering wheel.
Old 09-17-17, 05:12 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

i really wanted a F sport, but the base of the seat cushion is too narrow, it dug into my legs, the bolster and wings are fine, just the lower cushion area inside the wings.
i'm 5'9 220. oh well,
Old 09-18-17, 06:10 AM
FastFord
Racer

I'm 6' 215 and the bottom was narrow on the F sport. They do spread out a bit and form to your size. There are not for everyone. Wife like them as they hold her in better when getting on off highway ramps. I find the seat bottom a little hard when on long trips, especially with no breaks. Never had this issue with the other seats, but they didn't hold you in very well.
Old 09-18-17, 06:58 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by FastFord
I'm 6' 215 and the bottom was narrow on the F sport. They do spread out a bit and form to your size. There are not for everyone. Wife like them as they hold her in better when getting on off highway ramps. I find the seat bottom a little hard when on long trips, especially with no breaks. Never had this issue with the other seats, but they didn't hold you in very well.
got ya, i do 700 mile and 1200 mile days from time to time towing my motorcycle to the fun stuff. my concern would be the seat will always feel like that. If the 20 minute test drive didn't feel great. i would get the suspension, no question,
sure wish salespeople would agree on things with each other. some say adaptive suspension is an option on the non F, just not the same, others say projectors are hid and not led. makes it hard to know what your getting.
Old 09-18-17, 07:13 AM
FastFord
Racer

Originally Posted by JSracer
got ya, i do 700 mile and 1200 mile days from time to time towing my motorcycle to the fun stuff. my concern would be the seat will always feel like that. If the 20 minute test drive didn't feel great. i would get the suspension, no question,
sure wish salespeople would agree on things with each other. some say adaptive suspension is an option on the non F, just not the same, others say projectors are hid and not led. makes it hard to know what your getting.
Lexus Canada and Lexus USA package the vehicles differently. In Canada we get a few packages to choose from and in the US you can add all sorts of options depending on what the customer wants. I usually just get the fully loaded package and it lists what's on it. When I try to do the same on the Lexus USA site I have to pick the options. At least that's what I remember...maybe I'm just messing it up.

As for the seats F vs Non...if you do some long road trips, the non F sport seats might be better for you. The adaptive suspension on my F sport is not a deal breaker....It has it but I couldn't care less if it didn't. Some people don't like the function of the triple beam lights, I like the look. To each his own....

Regardless of which one someone buys/leases, it sure is a nice for road trips.
Old 09-18-17, 02:21 PM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the contour shape of the F-sport seat but it takes some time to get used to it. The leather is a bit too hard as compared to other leather seats that we had before. I put lots of leather conditioner to try to make it a bit softer.
Old 09-18-17, 03:37 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

You get used to the F Sport seats! THey also wear nicely and become very comfortable!

I have giant legs at 6'3 and farily meaty legs, can squat alot!

Don't worry it gets better. For me, the looks are worth it
Old 09-19-17, 04:16 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
You get used to the F Sport seats! THey also wear nicely and become very comfortable!

I have giant legs at 6'3 and farily meaty legs, can squat alot!

Don't worry it gets better. For me, the looks are worth it
the concern is if they don't loosen up and break in, a 700-1200 mile day would be brutal on the lower cushion. the back is ok, it seems to be the area just inside the lower outer wings, the 1" or so vertical pieces, if that makes sense.
Old 09-19-17, 05:16 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
the concern is if they don't loosen up and break in, a 700-1200 mile day would be brutal on the lower cushion. the back is ok, it seems to be the area just inside the lower outer wings, the 1" or so vertical pieces, if that makes sense.
they loosen up and break in

Makes it much more comfortable. I'll show you a pic of what my seats look like now. I remember when I first drove it , that area you are talking about was uncomfortable. Now I forget it's even there.
Old 11-08-17, 04:33 AM
technodis
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 450h Luxury or F Sport

For those that decided on the 450h, did you go for the Luxury trim or F Sport trim? What were your reasons for choosing one over the other?
Old 11-08-17, 04:45 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

I pick the Luxury on both of my 450h units. The F-Sport seats were a deal breaker for me plus I could not find one with all the options I wanted.
Old 11-08-17, 05:18 AM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Sit in and drive both, or you will come back later, blaming the forum for the wrong choice It's your preference (and money), really.
Old 11-08-17, 05:48 AM
technodis
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeKKieNYC
Sit in and drive both, or you will come back later, blaming the forum for the wrong choice It's your preference (and money), really.
Haha. Yup. I have a 2016 350 F sport which has been a PITA and I’m willing to take the hit and get a 450h. Drove both the Luxury and F sport variants and am very happy with the ride and lack of transmission jerkiness in the CVT. The semi aniline leather in the Luxury sure is nice and so is the familiarity with the F sport.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 11:55 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Went lux instead of F on our new 450. The lower cushion killed it for us quite quickly. Was very easy to tell it wouldn't work for my 10hr or 17 hour days driving. I would have enjoyed the suspension, but I have no regrets. Went atomic/black loaded to get the hud and tripple beam lights.
Old 11-08-17, 12:00 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by technodis
For those that decided on the 450h, did you go for the Luxury trim or F Sport trim? What were your reasons for choosing one over the other?
Disclaimer: not trying to start a war between sport and lux, just sharing my honest opinion. This is my personal view.

I could not live with the look of the non-sport. Buying an RX means you will join a legion of other RX owners, many of them supporting the whole mommy crossover image. The Lux looks barely different than the base or premium. With the sport, the looks separate you from the pack (somewhat). The sport rims also looks fantastic compared to the plastic insert "Lux" wheels.

The adaptive suspension is not available on the Lux and I use that almost every day. I tried the semi-aniline seats but the difference was not significant enough for me.

You also get VDIM on the F Sport which is important if you ever drive on dirt, sand, or snow. I am not sure this is available on Lux (maybe on AWD models?). I could definitely tell the difference between my old AWD 3RX as I carved through snowy mountain passes passing hordes of other SUVs.

The Lux does get the nice wood/aluminum look and thigh extenders on the drivers seat though. You also get rear door sunshades which I'm pretty sure no one uses since the rear tint is already very dark (~20%).

Since seats are a hot topic, here is an excerpt from the Jalopnik RX350 F Sport review:

Originally Posted by jalopnik
Features I Liked
If there’s any one thing that I love about the RX 350 [F Sport], it’s got to be the [F Sport] seats.

Holy crap, these are comfortable. Our test car came with heated and ventilated power leather seats with meaty bolsters and as much adjustable lumbar support as you could ever possibly desire. I could nap in these seats, even upright. They’re soft, supportive and nice.
I had the 3RX regular seats and I kept sliding around on the seat on corners. Try them both to be sure though.

Quick Reply: F-sport vs luxury