RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 03:46 PM
twong82
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwsteg
Which dealer was this? It seems that no dealership in the tristate has a f sport with LED headlights...I would hate to have to make a custom order...
Not in the tristate area... Houston area
Old 11-10-15, 11:00 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Is there a way to search all of Lexus' dealers for vehicles or do you have to go one by one on their websites? It's a pain to be bugged by them if you personally ask a dealer.
if you build a car on lexus.com, near the end of the process, you'll see a list of available cars in your area. Not sure how comprehensive it is, but it was there.
Old 11-14-15, 10:11 PM
supraken
Driver School Candidate

Got a 350 AWD Premium/Nav build.

Looks liked in tristate area there's only 4 variations:

1. Base with some basic stuff for $46k
2. With Premium, 12.3" Nav, BSM&RCTA, Safety+, Moonroof, Heated Ventilated Seats, Heated Wheel, etc for $52k
3. Fsport with 12.3 nav witb ML for $56k
4. With Luxury, Panoramic roof, basically loaded for $59k

I got #2 for about $49.5k so about $2500 off.
Old 11-14-15, 10:16 PM
supraken
Driver School Candidate

Which dealer was this? It seems that no dealership in the tristate has a f sport with LED headlights...I would hate to have to make a custom order...
I think bi-LED headlights are standard (single projector), so I guess you are referrinf to.the triple LED headlights ?
Old 11-15-15, 04:16 AM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supraken
I think bi-LED headlights are standard (single projector), so I guess you are referrinf to.the triple LED headlights ?

Yes the triple LED.

I've noticed all the tri-state dealerships have the exact same variation at $56k as well.

I may have to do a special order which is what I was trying to avoid because of the wait.
Old 11-15-15, 04:57 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes the triple LED.

I've noticed all the tri-state dealerships have the exact same variation at $56k as well.

I may have to do a special order which is what I was trying to avoid because of the wait.
yup, they have the same options, without lexus safety system +, triple beam led, panoramic view camer, HUD. I needed these options and didnt want to wait for costume order. Thats why i went with a luxury loaded one for 59k.
Very happy with the luxury. Having all of the above options is day and night different.
Old 11-15-15, 08:46 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already purchased mine, but because of some comments on other posts about receiving $1000 under invoice through Costco, I wanted to share some messages I have received back regarding pricing. As I get more responses, I will gladly share them. I tried to hit all regions to see if there is any variance.

I have received 52 emails from various dealers, but so far this is the only one that provided any pricing information.

If you have trouble reading it, just highlight it as I am having trouble changing the color and that is how they sent it over.

I am the Internet sales representative here at Lexus of Valencia. I wanted to properly explain the minimal discount you received as the Edmunds Price Promise for the all new 2016 Lexus RX 350. There are only afew times periodically that ANY car dealership has an opportunity to actually receive MSRP on the sale of a new vehicle. One of those times is when a new model hits the market or a complete redesign of an existing model which is the case for the all new RX 350. This vehicle is the hottest selling vehicle on the market right now and dealerships just aren't discounting them at this point simply because so many people are wanting this vehicle and have been waiting on its release, thus paying MSRP has not been an issue.

We would love nothing more than to help you get into the new RX 350 right now and there are other ways we can save you money other than the sale price of the vehicle. I would love to explore ALL those other options to save you money and help you any way I can if you allow me to. To be honest, none of this even matters until you have seen and test driven this amazing vehicle to make sureit's right for YOU. Would you like me to set you up with a day and timeto come do that?

Talk Soon,

Last edited by FLYCT; 07-04-16 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Fixed format and color for better readability
Old 11-17-15, 09:06 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes the triple LED.

I know. I had to but I absolutely hate the thought of having to wait 4-6 months.
Old 11-17-15, 09:48 AM
jinks4
Driver School Candidate

Question Interesting Purchase Experience

Currently owning a 2013 BMW X5 on a lease ending Mar'16 and shopping for a new ride. Saw and drove the RX and was surprised to learn some things:
Vehicle: RX350 AWD base +Options
Region: CT/ NY area and shopping in the Westchester/ Long Island and CT dealers:

Saw a dealer with a car that had a great bunch of upgrades (defintely don't need all of them). Upgrades are expensive and most of the cars have a whole bunch of upgrades/ none which definitely drops the fun of driving.
Although I have to say that Luxury package upgrades are amazing and trump my current ride. The technology/ leather in the car is definitely more nicer.

Was able to get Invoice pricing from Costco:
MSRP prices for a well loaded RX: $59,200 with an invoice price of $55,200. So dealers are $4K over invoice.

Lease Option:
As I qualify for the BMW preferred program and with the advantage of BMW financing, getting back into an X5 (well equipped) is definitely more worth than leasing the RX. The pricing is way too close to switch for me.
RX Dealer MF: 0.00155

Buy Option: (Inclined for this)
Will never buy a BMW and hence buying options are not bad for 1.9% for 36 months. If I am able to get closer to invoice.....

Questions: Is it worth to shop when closer to my lease-end/ grab the dec to remember sales event and try to have BMW buy-out the lease?

Thanks for the comments.....
Old 11-17-15, 09:57 AM
jinks4
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Originally Posted by jinks4
Currently owning a 2013 BMW X5 on a lease ending Mar'16 and shopping for a new ride. Saw and drove the RX and was surprised to learn some things:
Region: CT/ NY area and shopping in the Westchester/ Long Island and CT dealers:

Saw a dealer with a car that had a great bunch of upgrades (defintely don't need all of them). Upgrades are expensive and most of the cars have a whole bunch of upgrades/ none which definitely drops the fun of driving.
Although I have to say that Luxury package upgrades are amazing and trump my current ride. The technology/ leather in the car is definitely more nicer.

MSRP prices for a well loaded RX: $59,200 with an invoice price of $55,200. So dealers are $4K over invoice.

Lease Option:
As I qualify for the BMW preferred program and with the advantage of BMW financing, getting back into an X5 (well equipped) is definitely more worth than leasing the RX. The pricing is way too close to switch for me.

Will never buy a BMW and hence buying options are not bad for 1.9% for 36 months. If I am able to get closer to invoice.....

Questions: Is it worth to shop when closer to my lease-end/ grab the dec to remember sales event and try to have BMW buy-out the lease?

Also surprising that the 2016 RX is longer (dimension) than the 2016 BMW X5
Old 11-17-15, 09:58 AM
jinks4
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by supraken
Got a 350 AWD Premium/Nav build.

Looks liked in tristate area there's only 4 variations:

1. Base with some basic stuff for $46k
2. With Premium, 12.3" Nav, BSM&RCTA, Safety+, Moonroof, Heated Ventilated Seats, Heated Wheel, etc for $52k
3. Fsport with 12.3 nav witb ML for $56k
4. With Luxury, Panoramic roof, basically loaded for $59k

I got #2 for about $49.5k so about $2500 off.
Good listing......looking at #4
Old 11-17-15, 12:04 PM
vvv3399
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jinks4

Lease Option:

I was offer invoice for in stock 2016 RX 350 fsport
Old 11-17-15, 12:22 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vvv3399
I was offer invoice for in stock 2016 RX 350 fsport
Congrats on your first post. Please share with us the dealership that gave you this amazing offer. Did you buy one?
Old 11-17-15, 01:58 PM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a question, perhaps someone who has done a special order in the past can chime in

When I purchased my 15 f sport, I was given a price of $500 above invoice which was a couple of thousands under MSRP. However this f sport was in the lot already.

Now lets say I want to purchase a special ordered 16 f sport. Do dealers also go near invoice for special orders or does this only apply for vehicles already on their lot? Thanks
Old 11-17-15, 03:41 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
Congrats on your first post. Please share with us the dealership that gave you this amazing offer. Did you buy one?
I think he means MSRP or a 2015 year model. People are having trouble getting 1K off from MSRP and you are talking about 4K plus off. This makes no sense.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX Best Prices So Far?