RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 06:49 PM
Comfort
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck getting at actual dealer cost. It isn't invoice. There are special promotions, volumn credits, year end model change credits and who knows how many other discounts. MSRP is a consistent number and comparing the best deals nationwide gives people a tool to work with.
It would be great to know actual dealer cost but some of that info is not available, IMO.

Last edited by Comfort; 06-06-16 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-06-16, 07:15 PM
Bidankhanh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please tell me more information about you car? How much did you pay? Option and packages? I would appreciate it your help. Thanks

Originally Posted by tm
I got mine last week at Longo Lexus. I have different experience negotiating with different sales guy there. Ask for Francis Maragay. I got 2 cars from him since January 2016. A very nice guy to deal with. PM me if you need more information.
Old 06-06-16, 08:42 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfancy
Color me wrong, but I'm very surprised how many are addressing a good price relative to msrp. This absolutely the worst way to gauge a good negotiation. Under no circumstance do you evaluate your negotiation position until you understand the dealer cost, any manuf holdbacks or volume kickbacks. We are now in the sweet spot where dealers with large inventory can sell at or even below dealer costs. Don't get jammed playing that old game relative to msrp.
Is their any website that even lists those numbers publicly? Usually the only thing the public has to access to is

1) MSRP
2) Invoice for both options and vehicles
3) Mfg to Customer Incentives
4) TrueCar type transaction data for similar purchases

Things hidden are:
1) Wholesale Cost
2) Mfg to Dealer Rebates

At Given time, you can come to a price via: Invoice-All Mfg to Customer Incentives to arrive at a fair purchase price for any given time. However throughout the year your fair purchase price is higher then whats currently being offered by dealers due to end of year sales or sales pushes by a MFG for a particular model or volume bonuses that are not advertised
Old 06-07-16, 03:48 PM
VanPilot
Driver School Candidate

I tend to agree with coolsaber - most of the 60 odd pages in this thread are related to MSRP or invoice because that's the info that we can all access nationwide. Just knowing, as mcfancy mentioned, that there are always hidden dealer incentives, volume discounts, etc. doesn't give us any idea what those numbers are. So the simplest apples to apples data we have is what other buyers report as their MSRP and their negotiated price.
When mentioning 11-12% off MSRP, I was told by sales staff at Hennessey Gwinnett near Atlanta they were "not a player at those numbers. Sorry" Kind of deflating not to have them even counter-offer.... Best of luck to all of you!
Old 06-07-16, 03:56 PM
coach258
Driver School Candidate

OTD price is probably the best way to compare offers. I had quotes with 11% off MSRP which ended up more expensive than 9% off MSRP due to hidden dealer fee. However, tax rate is different at different cities and it significantly impacts the OTD price. Sharing price with x% off MSRP will be at least a good starting point for people who are in the market.
Old 06-08-16, 05:22 PM
Cbany1
Driver School Candidate

Default Rx350

Originally Posted by LXsalesman
just purchase my wifes rx 350 with an msrp of 54,389 for 48,500 pluss fees which i think i got a great deal. what are your thoughts? My brother just called the salesperson i dealt with and is giving him the same deal as well. very easy to deal with told him what i wanted after reading this forum he said come get it walked in and signed. in and out withing 45 mins. tried to get the extra 500 off but could not :/ dealership is in socal they probably had atleast 100 rx's on the lot
Which dealer and sale person contact?
Also color combo please.
I could not get the deal here in tx like Kedar did.
Old 06-08-16, 06:31 PM
ATLexus350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VanPilot
I tend to agree with coolsaber - most of the 60 odd pages in this thread are related to MSRP or invoice because that's the info that we can all access nationwide. Just knowing, as mcfancy mentioned, that there are always hidden dealer incentives, volume discounts, etc. doesn't give us any idea what those numbers are. So the simplest apples to apples data we have is what other buyers report as their MSRP and their negotiated price.
When mentioning 11-12% off MSRP, I was told by sales staff at Hennessey Gwinnett near Atlanta they were "not a player at those numbers. Sorry" Kind of deflating not to have them even counter-offer.... Best of luck to all of you!
Don't know if it's because it's a Hennessy dealership but that's the same response I got from Hennessy Atlanta. Try Nalley Lexus Roswell and see if you get a better response...
Old 06-09-16, 08:16 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by coach258
OTD price is probably the best way to compare offers. I had quotes with 11% off MSRP which ended up more expensive than 9% off MSRP due to hidden dealer fee. However, tax rate is different at different cities and it significantly impacts the OTD price. Sharing price with x% off MSRP will be at least a good starting point for people who are in the market.
I`d say for the benefit of those buying in the same state or even same dealership a Detailed pricing breakdown would be lovely. However most posts on this thread are posted in the following fly by setup: I just got 40% of MSRP.

No MSRP
No Invoice
No Options
No dealer fees or tax rates etc
No State etc

How does one calculate these things to come to a honest conclusion of pricing? I could say I got 10% but then got recked on dealer fees.

In addition to getting fees and stuff. My rule of thumb is this, if in your sales contract you get a great discount but some nonsense dealer fee etc. Take the dealer fee and then negotiate that in mind. Thats basically it. Why pay more then agreed?
Old 06-09-16, 11:07 AM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I realize dealers watch these forums as well. Can folks in Massachusetts advise what prices they are getting on Fsport
Old 06-09-16, 11:59 AM
y2kprofeso
Driver School Candidate

Default 2016 kexus rx best price

lease only I did not finance so I don't have any idea how much they took off the MSRP.
MSRP $48,610
Lease 36/Months
$4400 Down
$420 month
New Jersey
Old 06-15-16, 10:03 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone in the bay area with a recent purchase or deal?
Old 06-15-16, 10:07 PM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s4iscool
I did, like a month ago
Old 06-16-16, 09:55 AM
mrhdk
Driver School Candidate

Default 2016 rx prices

i am interested in a 2016 rx 350 msrp 53109 i am buying for cash not leasing no finance and no trade in i live in new york area and cant find a dealer to take off more than 2k on msrp. probably not because they are not double dipping on lease and trade in. Can someone please help is there a dealer that they know in tri state area or northeast that is dealing. if so how much off msrp thanks mrhdk
Old 06-16-16, 10:08 AM
vaccaro01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Just leased at Lexus of Marin:

fwd
8 inch nav
heated steering wheel
premium package
no radar or lane keep
18" wheels

sale price - $44k - lease payments $450 with $5k down including tax at 9.25%
Old 06-16-16, 10:09 AM
vaccaro01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrhdk
i am interested in a 2016 rx 350 msrp 53109 i am buying for cash not leasing no finance and no trade in i live in new york area and cant find a dealer to take off more than 2k on msrp. probably not because they are not double dipping on lease and trade in. Can someone please help is there a dealer that they know in tri state area or northeast that is dealing. if so how much off msrp thanks mrhdk
get the financing then pay it off. they are giving 16's away in the bay area...

Quick Reply: 2016 RX Best Prices So Far?