RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Got to spend a little time with a 4RX today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-15, 05:10 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
Hi all! I'm new to the board and have been lurking around reading various updates and comments regarding the new 2016 RX. Having read that people reported the new model appearing at dealerships, I took time out today to go visit the local dealer during my lunch break. Luckily, there happened to be one 2016 RX 350 with the premium package. It truly looks beautiful in person and the test drive was amazing! The interior was the noble brown with beige leather, and although I'm going for the F-Sport with Rioja red, I liked the two-toned scheme and bamboo interior. I have attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure, as well as the sticker, an inventory sheet of what is coming to that dealer in the next few weeks, and also a legend for the option abbreviations.

Thanks for posting the photos and info..
Old 11-04-15, 07:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,966 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Hey SW15LS...

Was the gas pedal floor hinged or is it like the 3RXs top hinged?
Floor hinged
Old 11-04-15, 08:03 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Floor hinged
Wow! I Love the floor hinged. This makes this new model even that much more desirable.
Old 11-04-15, 08:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,966 Posts

Yeah same here, I much prefer the floor hinged pedal.
Old 11-04-15, 10:23 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
9. I'm also a bit disappointed in the brightness of the "puddle lamps" which are now integrated into the door handles instead of under the mirror. The light in the 2015 RX under the mirror is much brighter for seeing the ground at night. I know it's a silly thing to notice but I'm all about the small details.
Thanks for sharing - do you know if they added the puddle lamps into all 4 door handles? And did you notice if the rear door handles work with keyless entry? The improvements are all in the details!
Old 11-05-15, 04:59 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Thanks for sharing - do you know if they added the puddle lamps into all 4 door handles? And did you notice if the rear door handles work with keyless entry? The improvements are all in the details!
If the rear doors open with smart key that would also be a big improvement over the last generation RX. I cant believe lexus had this ability in the GS, LS, and LX but excluded it out of the 3RX.
Old 11-05-15, 09:37 AM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw 3 4RX at dealer this AM. Two of the three sold, but I got to drive the other one. Very nice! Grill, while certainly large, does not seem quite as "big" in person. Interior better, but I don't care for the Noble Brown interior---too much "going on", e.g.,, brown seats, red stitching, brown and black dash & gray headliner. If only the headliner could be in black. The new Volvo XC90 has an option for a black headliner which I saw in person last week and it really makes a better look. However, the Noble Brown was on a Silver Lining exterior and the combo looks OK together. I plan to go for Nebula with Stratus Gray - looks perfect together.

Hands-free rear hatch opened quickly. 12.3 inch NAV very sharp!
Old 11-05-15, 10:20 AM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by naplesam
Saw 3 4RX at dealer this AM. Two of the three sold, but I got to drive the other one. Very nice! Grill, while certainly large, does not seem quite as "big" in person. Interior better, but I don't care for the Noble Brown interior---too much "going on", e.g.,, brown seats, red stitching, brown and black dash & gray headliner. If only the headliner could be in black. The new Volvo XC90 has an option for a black headliner which I saw in person last week and it really makes a better look. However, the Noble Brown was on a Silver Lining exterior and the combo looks OK together. I plan to go for Nebula with Stratus Gray - looks perfect together.

Hands-free rear hatch opened quickly. 12.3 inch NAV very sharp!
I agree with you about the Noble Brown. It does not work with the gray headliner. If they would have done the black headliner, it would have looked so much better.

I originally custom ordered 2 with the Noble Brown, but luckily my dealer got in the exact vehicle I wanted (Nebula with black interior).

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-05-15 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-05-15, 01:51 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Visited 1 of the 2 dealers in Tucson Az. this morning as we are in town for the winter. They had (3) 350's and (1) 450h 2016's. Spent most my time in the hybrid, as that is what we will be buying. Really looks sharp! The large grill was really no big deal, wheel well trim looks way better in person, and the floating roof blends in nicely. The overall bold new look I think is the sign of the times, and will be accepted quickly. The interior look has really been upgraded, both design and quality, and a big improvement.

Few odd ball things I noticed:
.Cargo space equal to, or maybe tad more, than the current 80 cubic feet. Was confusing to know without looking, compared to the new spec sheet.
.Roof rails(on the hybrid) are now flush on the roof. Looks way better and will be easier to clean the roof.
.Smaller door mirrors, and bigger side dash corner windows for better visibility.
.Steering wheel information display. Really nice and lots of stuff. Especially liked that the TPM gives individual tire pressure for each specific tire.
.All doors unlock by touch. Rear hatch worked as advertised by waving the hand.
.No under console storage space by the floor, but replaced with a passenger side only nice size magazine/ tablet/ iPad slot. Still has the big console armrest storage bin with lots of hookups.
.The phone slot storage by the remote touch is small. My iPhone 6 wouldn't fit, but will find something to use it for.
.Remote touch has enter buttons on both sides, guess so passenger can also use.
.Nice sunglass holder by the rearview mirror area, and a nice size light for the garage door opener buttons.
.12.3 inch navigation is huge and very nice. Way nicer in person than photos. Split screen works great! Navigation includes speed limits, something my current RX doesn't have. Also, if low on gas a nearby gas station location pops up on screen. Noticed in 1 of the other 2016's it had an 8 inch screen, but still on the 12.3 inch platform.
.Key fob tad taller and a tad not as wide, but still fits in my jeans watch pocket.
.All 4 2016's had Bridgestone tires. Was hoping to see the new style Michelin's. The 20 inch I viewed looked just the right size though.
. Safety system plus well worth the $635.
.Heat and cool front seat controls are by the electronic parking brake, much better location.

They didn't have our colors as yet. My wife likes the Nightfall Mica with Parchment by using the Lexus website color customization screen. Probably not as common as many of the other colors. Hope to get one here once inventory builds up, but can always go to a larger market.
Old 11-05-15, 02:32 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by go3Ds
Visited 1 of the 2 dealers in Tucson Az. this morning as we are in town for the winter. They had (3) 350's and (1) 450h 2016's. Spent most my time in the hybrid, as that is what we will be buying. Really looks sharp! The large grill was really no big deal, wheel well trim looks way better in person, and the floating roof blends in nicely. The overall bold new look I think is the sign of the times, and will be accepted quickly. The interior look has really been upgraded, both design and quality, and a big improvement.

Few odd ball things I noticed:
.Cargo space equal to, or maybe tad more, than the current 80 cubic feet. Was confusing to know without looking, compared to the new spec sheet.
.Roof rails(on the hybrid) are now flush on the roof. Looks way better and will be easier to clean the roof.
.Smaller door mirrors, and bigger side dash corner windows for better visibility.
.Steering wheel information display. Really nice and lots of stuff. Especially liked that the TPM gives individual tire pressure for each specific tire.
.All doors unlock by touch. Rear hatch worked as advertised by waving the hand.
.No under console storage space by the floor, but replaced with a passenger side only nice size magazine/ tablet/ iPad slot. Still has the big console armrest storage bin with lots of hookups.
.The phone slot storage by the remote touch is small. My iPhone 6 wouldn't fit, but will find something to use it for.
.Remote touch has enter buttons on both sides, guess so passenger can also use.
.Nice sunglass holder by the rearview mirror area, and a nice size light for the garage door opener buttons.
.12.3 inch navigation is huge and very nice. Way nicer in person than photos. Split screen works great! Navigation includes speed limits, something my current RX doesn't have. Also, if low on gas a nearby gas station location pops up on screen. Noticed in 1 of the other 2016's it had an 8 inch screen, but still on the 12.3 inch platform.
.Key fob tad taller and a tad not as wide, but still fits in my jeans watch pocket.
.All 4 2016's had Bridgestone tires. Was hoping to see the new style Michelin's. The 20 inch I viewed looked just the right size though.
. Safety system plus well worth the $635.
.Heat and cool front seat controls are by the electronic parking brake, much better location.

They didn't have our colors as yet. My wife likes the Nightfall Mica with Parchment by using the Lexus website color customization screen. Probably not as common as many of the other colors. Hope to get one here once inventory builds up, but can always go to a larger market.
Thanks for the nice write up.
Old 11-05-15, 03:11 PM
Martin321
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the F Sport seats are just as comfortable as in a Luxury model? are they the same size just with more adjust ability?
Old 11-05-15, 03:43 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If they are like the RC, they're better. You fit like a glove.
Old 11-05-15, 06:04 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Does anybody know if the triple led lights option swivel when you turn the car? Or is it fixed?
Old 11-05-15, 07:02 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Originally Posted by Martin321
Does anyone know if the F Sport seats are just as comfortable as in a Luxury model? are they the same size just with more adjust ability?
I sat in both. To me the F-Sport seats where not just a better fit, but far softer and more comfortable over all compared with the Luxury seats. But the F-Sport seats actually have less adjustment as the car I sat in did not have the thigh extension which the Luxury seats do have.
Old 11-05-15, 07:03 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Does anybody know if the triple led lights option swivel when you turn the car? Or is it fixed?
They appear to be fixed. But they add a cornering light down near that fog light that turns on when you activate your turn signal or turn the steering wheel in one direction or the other.

Quick Reply: Got to spend a little time with a 4RX today...