RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-17, 02:48 PM
jhuang510
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked her up last month for my recent graduation. Went with the RX since I already purchased a 17' GTI in December as a daily/racecar . Here's some pics of it after it was coated with the Ceramic Pro Silver Package (5 Years).
Itching to get those F-Sport Wheels!

Last edited by jhuang510; 06-05-17 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-05-17, 04:36 PM
theguy58
Driver School Candidate

My baby. 2016 RX350 F-Sport Sliver Lining Metallic with Roja Red interior. Full opt except the crossbars and running boards.
Old 06-05-17, 09:24 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterQ
Very nice, thanks for the pics.
Before I went to purchase the car, I looked through a few youtube videos and found a very thorough review from Brock Frady in which he pointed out that the Atomic Silver color is the best color that shows the contour lines that flow along the side and the flowing roof line.
When I went to the dealership to test drive the car, they must have at least over 50 new 2017 RX 350 there but surprisingly there were no atomic silver on the lot.

I didn't like the shade of red for the 4th gen RX, the black color didn't show the flowing roof line well, and I found a bit too much of a contrast between the black grille and ultra white
paint, so I bit the bullet and purchase the Atomic Silver color even though I haven't actually seen it close up yet.

The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the black side view mirror, not same color as the body, they said that it's unique for F sport model, I just hope I'll get use to it.

What was even more surprising is that my dealership could not find an Atomic Silver color with black interior in the F sport model in any other dealership so they had to order from factory and they said it would take about a month. After 3 weeks has gone by, I called in and they just told me that it's not at least for another 3 weeks, they've been informed that it's scheduled for Production at end of June!

Looking at these pics helped me to be reassured that I made the right choice and it's worth the wait.
if you don't like the black mirrors, you could have them painted your body color...or, get these chrome mirror caps from eBay.
Old 06-06-17, 08:38 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the black side view mirror, not same color as the body, they said that it's unique for F sport model, I just hope I'll get use to it.
If you can't use to it, you can easily get the mirrors painted or see if anyone on this forum (with an Atomic Silver RX) will trade you or buy painted mirror caps to replace them ($100-150/each). It's easily swappable.
Old 06-06-17, 07:06 PM
MisterQ
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jhuang510
Picked her up last month for my recent graduation. Went with the RX since I already purchased a 17' GTI in December as a daily/racecar . Here's some pics of it after it was coated with the Ceramic Pro Silver Package (5 Years).
Itching to get those F-Sport Wheels!

Looks good, thanks for sharing the pics.
I've never done cerimic coating on any of my cars, is it really worth it?
Old 06-06-17, 07:08 PM
MisterQ
Rookie

Originally Posted by theguy58

My baby. 2016 RX350 F-Sport Sliver Lining Metallic with Roja Red interior. Full opt except the crossbars and running boards.
She's a beauty, can't wait to get behind the wheel of my car. Another 3 weeks....
Old 06-06-17, 07:11 PM
MisterQ
Rookie

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
if you don't like the black mirrors, you could have them painted your body color...or, get these chrome mirror caps from eBay.
Did you get one? Can you share a pic of your RX with it. I'm not sure if I like that chrome look though. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-06-17, 07:14 PM
MisterQ
Rookie

Originally Posted by dchar
If you can't use to it, you can easily get the mirrors painted or see if anyone on this forum (with an Atomic Silver RX) will trade you or buy painted mirror caps to replace them ($100-150/each). It's easily swappable.
Thanks, I actually was thinking about asking the dealership if how much would they charge to change it to one with the same color as the body. But then I thought I'll just use the car for a few months and see if it bothers me.
Old 06-07-17, 06:20 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by theguy58

Silver with the Red interior looks good...
Old 06-07-17, 09:19 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Silver 2016 RX 350 in the canadian winter.

Old 06-07-17, 07:35 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

having some fun....
Old 06-08-17, 10:15 AM
jhuang510
Driver School Candidate

Looks good, thanks for sharing the pics.
I've never done cerimic coating on any of my cars, is it really worth it?
This is my first car that I've done Ceramic Coating on so I can't really speak for if it is completely worth it or not yet.
So far though, the gloss and resistance to dust is certainly noticeable. Got it applied around middle of May and am not supposed to wash the car for at least a month..

Last edited by kitlz; 06-08-17 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 06-08-17, 08:25 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts
Question pics?

Originally Posted by dchar
Can someone share pics on what it actually looks like installed? Be interested to see how it looks.
Old 06-08-17, 08:30 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jhuang510
This is my first car that I've done Ceramic Coating on so I can't really speak for if it is completely worth it or not yet.
So far though, the gloss and resistance to dust is certainly noticeable. Got it applied around middle of May and am not supposed to wash the car for at least a month..
Interesting. Went for the Opti-coat plus option (@Supreme Detailworks) and they told me I cannot wash it for a week. They added that by a month's time, the coating is fully hardened. Best money spent! Love the cleaning process of washing it with a sponge and wiping down with microfiber (
). And yes, resistance to dust on body and wheels noticeable!
Old 06-14-17, 05:00 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

[QUOTE=jhuang510;9891203]This is my first car that I've done Ceramic Coating on so I can't really speak for if it is completely worth it or not yet.
So far though, the gloss and resistance to dust is certainly noticeable. Got it applied around middle of May and am not supposed to wash the car for at least a month..[/QUOTE]

I have considered it but this is why I have yet to do it, I really don't think I would be able to go a few days (I'm not kidding) no less a month without washing my cars..

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!