RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-17, 11:43 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
I have considered it but this is why I have yet to do it, I really don't think I would be able to go a few days (I'm not kidding) no less a month without washing my cars..
I know what you mean!
Old 06-16-17, 11:29 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterQ
Very nice, thanks for the pics.
Before I went to purchase the car, I looked through a few youtube videos and found a very thorough review from Brock Frady in which he pointed out that the Atomic Silver color is the best color that shows the contour lines that flow along the side and the flowing roof line.
When I went to the dealership to test drive the car, they must have at least over 50 new 2017 RX 350 there but surprisingly there were no atomic silver on the lot.

I didn't like the shade of red for the 4th gen RX, the black color didn't show the flowing roof line well, and I found a bit too much of a contrast between the black grille and ultra white
paint, so I bit the bullet and purchase the Atomic Silver color even though I haven't actually seen it close up yet.

The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the black side view mirror, not same color as the body, they said that it's unique for F sport model, I just hope I'll get use to it.

What was even more surprising is that my dealership could not find an Atomic Silver color with black interior in the F sport model in any other dealership so they had to order from factory and they said it would take about a month. After 3 weeks has gone by, I called in and they just told me that it's not at least for another 3 weeks, they've been informed that it's scheduled for Production at end of June!

Looking at these pics helped me to be reassured that I made the right choice and it's worth the wait.
@MisterQ, yeah the atomic silver, at least when I purchased my RX, were almost non-existent. There was one at the dealership in F-Sport trim, but it didn't have the pano roof or the triple beam LED headlights. I lucked out in that an Atomic Silver RX fitted with what I wanted was actually en route to the dealership, so I quickly paid a deposit to hold it until it arrived. I think the black side view mirrors will grow on you - they have on me. They have a piano-like finish and contrast with lighting very well, especially when under LED lighting. The light seems to reflect off the side views. You will also notice this when the courtesy lights illuminate as you approach the vehicle - those side view mirrors really glow at night with those LED courtesy lights. Yes - the lines are beautiful on the Atomic Silver, but what really stands out are the dark finished F-Sport wheels against the atomic silver. I'm a techy, and the color/finish combinations on my RX give off a very futuristic feel. Someone at work recently told me that my car looked like a spaceship, and that's exactly the reaction I wanted. As for the interior, the Roja Red would have been a bit too much red for me. The back interior looks incredible, especially with the contrast between the black interior, aluminum finishes, gray leather stitching, and the gray/black tones throughout. I know you have to wait, and it's a bummer, but I think you will be very pleased when your RX arrives. I've uploaded a few new pics to give you an idea of what you will soon receive.

Don't forget to post some pics when your RX arrives!

Cheers!
Old 06-21-17, 10:27 AM
MisterQ
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by koolkat
@MisterQ, yeah the atomic silver, at least when I purchased my RX, were almost non-existent. There was one at the dealership in F-Sport trim, but it didn't have the pano roof or the triple beam LED headlights. I lucked out in that an Atomic Silver RX fitted with what I wanted was actually en route to the dealership, so I quickly paid a deposit to hold it until it arrived. I think the black side view mirrors will grow on you - they have on me. They have a piano-like finish and contrast with lighting very well, especially when under LED lighting. The light seems to reflect off the side views. You will also notice this when the courtesy lights illuminate as you approach the vehicle - those side view mirrors really glow at night with those LED courtesy lights. Yes - the lines are beautiful on the Atomic Silver, but what really stands out are the dark finished F-Sport wheels against the atomic silver. I'm a techy, and the color/finish combinations on my RX give off a very futuristic feel. Someone at work recently told me that my car looked like a spaceship, and that's exactly the reaction I wanted. As for the interior, the Roja Red would have been a bit too much red for me. The back interior looks incredible, especially with the contrast between the black interior, aluminum finishes, gray leather stitching, and the gray/black tones throughout. I know you have to wait, and it's a bummer, but I think you will be very pleased when your RX arrives. I've uploaded a few new pics to give you an idea of what you will soon receive.

Don't forget to post some pics when your RX arrives!

Cheers!
Thanks koolkat, she's a beauty. The dealership told me that my RX should arrive some time next week, I'll certainly will post some pics. I think I can get use to the black side view mirrors, they seem to go well with the Atomic silver color from your pics.
Old 06-22-17, 11:49 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Just ur average white f sport with tinted windows.
Old 06-26-17, 10:07 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts
Smile

Here is an update. Post 1 year 3 months of owning the RX with Plasti Dip and glossifier, xpel ultimate on full front, a pillars, and top part of sunroof, rear bumper, as well as HPC coating about 6 months with a refresh of carpro reload every month. I was my car about once every 2-3 weeks, park outside 24/7, and commute in dirty dusty inland empire.

My first time plasti dipping so it's not perfect. I de chromed everything except the roof rails! I'll do that next time. I'm going to redo it in a few months. I also use 303 aerospace protectant on the plastic parts as well as the plasti dip to give it more of a glossy look. Rock chips here and there have punctured the plasti dip which is another reason why I didn't want to spend 700 dollars on a 3m wrap as much as I wanted to.

Old 06-28-17, 09:43 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

^I like it, especially the grill. Great job.
Old 06-29-17, 08:01 AM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey all! New Lexus owner here, and new to the forum! Figured I'd drop my first post. My new baby

Old 06-29-17, 10:07 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportWaxy
Hey all! New Lexus owner here, and new to the forum! Figured I'd drop my first post. My new baby
Welcome and congrats!!
The following users liked this post:
FSportWaxy (06-29-17)
Old 07-02-17, 08:33 PM
MisterQ
Rookie

Default Finally!

Ordered on May 13.
Production date June 28.
Delivered to dealership June 29. (I live an hour away from the Lexus Plant in Cambridge, ON, Canada)
Picked up on June 30, just in time to celebrate Canada Day!

Odometer: 17 KM (10.5 miles)
Name:  20170630_165854_zpsnjp44o8h.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  234.5 KB
Inspection at Dealership
Name:  2-dealer-f_zpsk3ran3rs.jpg
Views: 1950
Size:  245.1 KB
Name:  3-dealer-s_zpsolxiucpv.jpg
Views: 1963
Size:  223.3 KB

Looking sharp indoor or outdoor. I'm very happy with the Atomic Silver color.Name:  5-out2_zpsy8hg31ij.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  191.6 KB
Name:  4-ous1_zps1x8x41gv.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  269.7 KB
Old 07-03-17, 05:50 AM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^ Nice! Just a thought, trying removing the front license plate and see if you like the look.
MisterQ (07-03-17)
Old 07-03-17, 08:57 AM
adidascan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 RX450h FSport

Just picked ours up on Friday June 30th!
New to clublexus but our second Lexus (CT200h FSport).

Old 07-03-17, 10:11 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by adidascan
Just picked ours up on Friday June 30th!
New to clublexus but our second Lexus (CT200h FSport).

Congrats and welcome!!
adidascan (07-03-17)
Old 07-03-17, 02:53 PM
MisterQ
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSportWaxy
^ Nice! Just a thought, trying removing the front license plate and see if you like the look.
I would rather have a clean looking front grille, but unfortunately the law here requires front plate.
Old 07-03-17, 04:22 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Love the picts, but so glad I painted those F-Sport wheels. The dark is just too ghetto for me.
Old 07-04-17, 03:17 AM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Interior colour

Originally Posted by Z3Harrier

The RX arrived a couple weeks ago from the factory. It's the base model in Japan with most options. The grey van is my 2016 Toyota Alphard.
I've just ordered the same colour combination... are you happy with the cream interior and the contrast with the exterior ?

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!