RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Analog clock in dash

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-16, 07:00 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by go3Ds
Just click yes to watch the hands spin. This one on I-40, Texas-New Mexico border.

Attachment 381998
That's a cool feature. Will it auto adjust for daylight savings time also? My NX didn't.
Old 03-20-16, 10:08 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
That's a cool feature. Will it auto adjust for daylight savings time also? My NX didn't.
No there is a setting for that in the menu.
Not every state has daylight savings so it is optional.
Old 03-20-16, 07:25 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I loved the analog clock in my '13 GS350 F Sport. Added some class.

Just reminded me that I only have digital now. THAT'S what I'm missing!
Old 03-21-16, 08:23 PM
thequickad
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like an atomic clock wave sync. digital clock with seconds (6 digits) instead of the cheap looking analog clock. It may just be 1 minute late to you analogers but it is 60 seconds to us digital clock users.
Old 10-06-16, 05:52 PM
Berd
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2015 IS250 F Sport. The Analog Clock sucks. Hard to see in different lights. I would pay $$ to have a digital clock, a classy one, maybe even an iWatch put in place of the boring Analog Clock. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-07-16, 10:28 AM
Radio88
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally feel that the analog clock adds a nice executive touch to the interior-not at all an oxymoron to the cutting-edginess of the 4RX. It's a jewel amongst the edges
Old 10-09-16, 11:35 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default /

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
I have the 2015 RX and an ES. Love the analog clock! It's unique and stylish and the digital clock in the RX looks cheap and sterile by comparison. The glow of the always there analog clock adds a touch of style to the dash. When I made a list of the 20 or so enhancements in the RX from 2015 to 2016 the clock was on my want list. Let's vote!
I have a 2017 RX-350 and love the clock.
Old 10-09-16, 11:36 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by Berd
I have a 2015 IS250 F Sport. The Analog Clock sucks. Hard to see in different lights. I would pay $$ to have a digital clock, a classy one, maybe even an iWatch put in place of the boring Analog Clock. Anyone have any suggestions?
Digital clocks really suck
Old 10-09-16, 11:38 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Default /

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Our ES only has the analog clock. We prefer the digital display of the 3rd gen RX. It is simply harder to read at a glance. You have to study it more.

Study it more?? Really!
Old 10-14-16, 07:15 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I think the analog clock adds some class

I, too, think the analog clock adds a bit of class to the RX. I also find it easier to find in the otherwise cluttered dash.

Of course my age makes me wonder if this clock will be more reliable than analog clocks from the past. While I appreciate the RX technology, I always wonder how much each gadget will cost to repair when it fails.

My 2005 was mostly technology trouble free after 130k miles other than some typical mechanical repairs (wheel bearing, steering rack) but I did have to replace the headlight leveling sensor. Both otherwise things like the nav, HID headlights (never replaced a bulb), etc all were working fine when I sold it earlier this year.
Old 10-16-16, 05:48 PM
TProfit
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by macdee
So anyone going for the premium version of the analog watch?
I wonder if it's available outside Japan though…

Swarovski stuff, about $1200 extra…

Am I the only one crazy enough to add this in if it was an option? HEHEHE

I meant the price is absolutely crazy but if was a reasonable option I would so TOTALLY do this!
Old 10-16-16, 06:11 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TProfit
Am I the only one crazy enough to add this in if it was an option? HEHEHE

I meant the price is absolutely crazy but if was a reasonable option I would so TOTALLY do this!
I was really considering adding these (actually, replacing the original clock with this premium thingy).
I even called a few Lexus dealerships around me to check if they have the actual thing installed/shown anywhere so I could have a look at it (you know… dropping $1200 based on 3 pictures IS kinda crazy .
However, no dealerships had these, and even though I asked to give me a call if a car that has it installed ever comes to a service (so I could quickly drop in and have a look) - I never got on. I guess not many folks were really crazy (so far?…) to add this option, based on just pics…

I did check Japanese boards, and the only info I found was that it looks like the premium model makes is actually harder to see the clock at night (less contrast between shiny stuff everywhere?…). Also, something about quality not being that good for the price.

So anyways, I'm glad I didn't drop the money on the option. After what?… almost a year?… of owning the car, I can definitely tell I rarely really look at the analog clock anyway. Sure it's just a jewelry kind of stuff and I'm supposed to kinda just have the shiny thing in my peripheral vision and be happy about my dashboard style, but I dunno… for the money they're asking… and no way to actually have a look… and so many better ways to get a better visual/style improvements in my life for the money… I'd skip these again. (now, reduce the price in half+, and I'll think… but hm… probably not really
Old 07-27-17, 08:56 AM
Entimos
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really think the analog clock harkens to a day when really nice cars had this option. There is a reason that Rolls Royce still has it: panache.

I went to our local car show this year and there was only one other car there (that I sat in) that had this option: Maserati Ghibli. Unfortunately, the rest of the Ghibli looked like a Chrysler 300 in the interior. So I got the best of both worlds in my RX: style and class with a touch of panache
Old 07-27-17, 09:24 AM
kg11
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the analog clock. The contrast could have been done better, but okay as is.
At first when I saw the clock, I thought it might be a case of copying another expensive brand (and maybe it is), but try imagining a digital clock in it's place. I think it balances out all the other digital and 'rectangular' information at the front. Possibly some designer digital display would look good. But with so many pixel based displays around it, a bit of old school mechanical doesn't hurt.
Old 07-28-17, 09:06 AM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If the ambient light was really that bright.... like in the pictures on page 1.

Quick Reply: Analog clock in dash