RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

initial impression of 16 rx f sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-15 | 04:00 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I use to be a fan of BMWs and Audi but have since moved to Lexus because of reliability. Non of the BMWs and Audis I own in the past, and I owned 5 models between the two, can not last more than 40,000 miles without major problems. It got so old going to the dealer and treated like dirt from the service manager telling me I dont know how to drive my car therefore they break? That I should drive it gently and I should be easy on the throttle. I mean seriously? I should drive like a grandma in my high performance BMW/Audi?

Then I went over to Lexus and never looked back. When I switched from German cars to a Japanese one, I did it because of reliabily not styling. When I switched over to Lexus all of their cars were Bland and Boring but very smooth and comfortable. I am sooooooo glad that Lexus has finally stepped up and create cars with personality and style. Ever since the 4GS, the fire in my heart for Lexus has never burned brighter! And as a bonus Lexus service managers treats me like i am there most valuable customer.
Very well said and perfectly valid. I'm just trying to say that the RX is no BMW, but it certainly has its selling points and is a more logical choice. There's a reason why it's well known that German luxury cars shouldn't be kept past their warranty periods. I myself switched over to Lexus from a BMW because I'm at a point in my life where I need a solidly-reliable car for the next 5-10 years. The Bimmer was better in every way and was surprisingly very reliable, but I just felt that something would go bad at some point and it would become one expensive fix after another.

But boy do I miss that sweet straight-6, the tight steering, and timeless looks. What a brilliant machine.

Last edited by BrownPride; 11-12-15 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-12-15 | 05:13 PM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

very well said, there is alot about bmw that is unique and special.
same as lexus very special but as i am living the today with a bmw over my lexus, i realize the tech is so much better than lexus and the motors are really for an enthusiast to enjoy
the new b58 inline six is even better than the one you had they keep improving
Old 11-12-15 | 05:16 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Default First Look Today. Finally

Well, after looking at pictures for six months, I finally got to see two of them today.
Because I'm over 50 I was afraid I would hate it, at least the grill, no, no, no. I found it exceptionally attractive. The interior is more luxurious than the previous gen and the tech has improved tremendously. The lux model with the 20 in wheels is very well proportioned.
I give it an a+ for looks.
Need to see how it handles though. There seems to be mixed reviews on that.
Old 11-12-15 | 06:40 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I actually had two Grand Cherokees, a 2011 and a 2014. The 2011 had a lot of small glitches, had terrible brake corrosion at 20k miles, lots of little electrical issues, switches that quit working, sometimes multiple times (window switches, lock buttons, the HVAC control panel) had a window leak at the rear hatch...stuff like that. I loved that Jeep so much though, after an exhaustive search for a vehicle to replace it I bought another one, a 2014 Overland which was much higher optioned and figured I'd roll the dice again. I only had that a year before we had twins and we traded it on the Sedona minivan but it was 100% problem free. The 2011 had already had like 15 warranty repairs by the time it was a year old.

I also posted on the Jeep forums. It seems to be hit or miss, you either have a good one or a problematic one. Its a great vehicle though, I miss it. The problem free one that is LOL
Originally Posted by Ronn1
Did you have a Grand Cherokee ? It's a shame isn't it, that Jeep has so many problems...I really wanted a Grand Cherokee a while back, and I think they are very good looking SUV's, but here again if you read reviews about the Jeeps, they aren't good. So once again my decision became Lexus.
Interesting that you guys mention the reliability of the Jeep Grand Cherokee...this guy just posted a rap video about the lemon Grand Cherokee he had.

Old 11-13-15 | 07:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah he clearly got "a bad one" LOL

My guess is its an early build 2014. They were a MESS. Mine was a very late build 2014.
Old 11-13-15 | 10:29 AM
ericsan13
Racer

My guess is its an early build 2014. They were a MESS. Mine was a very late build 2014.
What is more disappointing is the lack of customer service that came along with the bad lemon.

How is the service in the US?
Old 11-13-15 | 06:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Jeep dealers are like any other mainstream dealer. No frills, service varies depending on the dealer.
Old 11-14-15 | 06:07 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Quite frankly I feel every vehicle built by any company should be as reliable as a Lexus but thats is not the case. It shouldn't matter if i bought an early build or late build i should be getting a reliable one regardless.

Buy a late build versus early build is like taking medicine that can save your life. One pill is early batch while another one is late batch but only one of those two works, so......which one should I pick. LoL. And how should I know if my Jeep is early batch or late batch will the dealer tell me? Sorry just Ranting...nothing personal.
Old 11-15-15 | 07:29 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Quite frankly I feel every vehicle built by any company should be as reliable as a Lexus but thats is not the case. It shouldn't matter if i bought an early build or late build i should be getting a reliable one regardless.
To be fair, Lexus has experienced issues with early builds of new models too, obviously not to that extent, but some of them haven't been that minor. But like I said, reliability is the big negative for the Jeep. Its such a nice vehicle though, I'd still roll the dice vs the Lexus.

And how should I know if my Jeep is early batch or late batch will the dealer tell me? Sorry just Ranting...nothing personal.
All you have to do is look on the door, the date of manufacture for every car regardless of brand is on the sticker on the drivers door jamb. Anyways the 2015 and 2016 GCs are sorted out.

My 2014 was built in April.
Old 11-15-15 | 09:57 AM
dvst8
Driver School Candidate

Wife and I test drove the F-sport model yesterday. We really like it but found the F-sport seats to be a bit snugged or tight fitting. I have broad shoulders so I can see that being a problem. However my petite asian wife complains about the seat as well. The base model seats feel normal. For the price the F-Sports seems to be the better deal/package but the seats are just the deal breaker for me. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 11-15-15 | 10:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default initial impression of 16 rx f sport

I've read many similar complaints and also from people about the NX F Sport.
Old 11-15-15 | 04:24 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dvst8
Wife and I test drove the F-sport model yesterday. We really like it but found the F-sport seats to be a bit snugged or tight fitting. I have broad shoulders so I can see that being a problem. However my petite asian wife complains about the seat as well. The base model seats feel normal. For the price the F-Sports seems to be the better deal/package but the seats are just the deal breaker for me. Anyone else feel the same way?
Nooo, this was the same in the RC F. There was nearly a champagne cork pop sound when I got out of that seat. I can't wait to see the vehicle in person. 20" wheels? Sounds good.
Old 11-16-15 | 12:47 PM
kvsm5
Rookie

I currently have a 2015 GX and had a 2002 RX in the past and I think Lexus hit a home run with the new RX! Its definitely a looker especially in F Sport trim!
Old 11-17-15 | 05:19 PM
billohio
Driver School Candidate

I drove a nx and rx last week. I am single, no kids, 49. I have a 2 year old accord thats killing my back and want something easier to get in and out of. The nx was horrible on performance. My buddy was with me and he was like did you floor it lol. We both have muscle cars and I didnt mind the size of the nx but I dont see how you could pass anyone with it. I sat in the f sport . I am 5-10, 170 and that seat is too tight. I also think there will be some wear issues with sliding over the edge of the bolster to get out. I liked the rest of the F sport. It was black with red interior.
I drove a regular RX and liked it but they are getting in some weird options. I am sure the salesman said the only navigation vehicles they have are on 2 hybrids. From what I understand the mid grade stereo is in with navigation. I also dont think any had the panoramic roof either. All but the F sport had the 18 inch wheels also.
The F sport seats were a deal breaker for me
Old 11-17-15 | 06:09 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by billohio
I drove a nx and rx last week. I am single, no kids, 49. I have a 2 year old accord thats killing my back and want something easier to get in and out of. The nx was horrible on performance. My buddy was with me and he was like did you floor it lol. We both have muscle cars and I didnt mind the size of the nx but I dont see how you could pass anyone with it. I sat in the f sport . I am 5-10, 170 and that seat is too tight. I also think there will be some wear issues with sliding over the edge of the bolster to get out. I liked the rest of the F sport. It was black with red interior.
I drove a regular RX and liked it but they are getting in some weird options. I am sure the salesman said the only navigation vehicles they have are on 2 hybrids. From what I understand the mid grade stereo is in with navigation. I also dont think any had the panoramic roof either. All but the F sport had the 18 inch wheels also.
The F sport seats were a deal breaker for me
Were the fsport seats exactly the same in the NX and RX?

Quick Reply: initial impression of 16 rx f sport