RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Wife's new RX review

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-15, 09:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin321
Don't feel so blue, 2016 X5 with a 20 way seats will cost you the same as RX350 fully loaded. They are almost in the same price range with the the same driver safety assist package and premium package. BMW is not out of range. Don't think that if BMW comes with those multi contour seats that they would be out of range of our price. They are almost in the same price bracket. As a matter of fact, I was confirmed with a 5K discount on 16 X5 with multi contour seats in the same price range.
?? The X5 equipped with multi-contour seats is going to be ~ $10k more than a loaded RX350.
Old 11-19-15, 12:18 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
?? The X5 equipped with multi-contour seats is going to be ~ $10k more than a loaded RX350.
My thoughts exactly! The RX starts at $41900 while the X5 starts at $53900. Adding options on each car will still leave a huge difference in price.

Similarly equipped, almost $14K difference!

Last edited by dchar; 11-19-15 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-19-15, 03:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Absolutely. Theres no question the X5 is a more expensive vehicle.
Old 11-19-15, 05:16 PM
Martin321
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely. Theres no question the X5 is a more expensive vehicle.
Fully loaded X5 35I Xdrive will be around 70K, but the above picture includes packages that are not needed, like lighting package and Ivory white interior package. We had a forum member here reporting that he got a deal on a pretty loaded X5 2016 X6 MSRP 66K for around 60K. That is the same amount that RX 16 F sport has.
Old 11-19-15, 05:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Fully loaded X5 35I Xdrive will be around 70K, but the above picture includes packages that are not needed, like lighting package and Ivory white interior package. We had a forum member here reporting that he got a deal on a pretty loaded X5 2016 X6 MSRP 66K for around 60K. That is the same amount that RX 16 F sport has.
An X5 optioned at $66k is not optioned to the level of a loaded F Sport, I know because I have a friend with an X5 that happened to be $66k, no nappa leather, no multi-contour seats, no around view, no park assist, etc.

Thats comparing a negotiated X5 to an MSRP RX, and a fully loaded RX is ~ $58k, I can buy that vehicle today for $55k, and the deals will get better as it gets older. So thats a $5k spread for a vehicle that isn't equipped like he wants, as I said before and was posted above, an X5 optioned with multi-contour seats is going to be ~ $10k more than a loaded RX.

As for $6k off, was than at X5 or X6? Much better deals on the X6 which isn't comparable.
Old 11-19-15, 06:08 PM
Martin321
Driver

An X5 optioned at $66k is not optioned to the level of a loaded F Sport, I know because I have a friend with an X5 that happened to be $66k, no nappa leather, no multi-contour seats, no around view, no park assist, etc.

Thats comparing a negotiated X5 to an MSRP RX, and a fully loaded RX is ~ $58k, I can buy that vehicle today for $55k, and the deals will get better as it gets older. So thats a $5k spread for a vehicle that isn't equipped like he wants, as I said before and was posted above, an X5 optioned with multi-contour seats is going to be ~ $10k more than a loaded RX.

As for $6k off, was than at X5 or X6? Much better deals on the X6 which isn't comparable.
It might miss a few options here and there but we both will agree that the X5 will come with base turbo straight 6 engine, better handling and the engineering that BMW has been known for.
I typed in TrueCar BMW 2016 X5 with the options that I would need and got a certificate that from, almost 6K off and when the participating dealerships called me they honored that price. They even had the same exact vehicle in stock when I confirmed the VIN number with them. They were kind of trying to lure me in when I asked about navigation system and other things. They replied, don't worry, standard X5 also comes with a big nav screen and other things.
Old 11-19-15, 06:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It might miss a few options here and there but we both will agree that the X5 will come with base turbo straight 6 engine, better handling and the engineering that BMW has been known for.
I typed in TrueCar BMW 2016 X5 with the options that I would need and got a certificate that from, almost 6K off and when the participating dealerships called me they honored that price. They even had the same exact vehicle in stock when I confirmed the VIN number with them. They were kind of trying to lure me in when I asked about navigation system and other things. They replied, don't worry, standard X5 also comes with a big nav screen and other things.
I've shopped both cars, helped two people buy and lease X5s in the last year and a half and seriously considered getting one myself.

There is no way around it, the X5 is ~$10k more than the RX similarly equipped. The basic car with dakota leather is not as nice as a luxury package RX inside. Yes it will drive better, its a BMW, but even then you're going to be paying at least $5k more for the X5 and thats for one not as well equipped as the RX.

A $66k MSRP X5 is similar to an RX optioned more like $52-54k. Again...~$10k+ more money.

The even bigger difference is in the lease rates if you're going to lease. The RX is a volume car, and right now they're advertising a $450 lease on the RX. The best lease deal we could swing on that $66k X5 with 0 down, even with ~$5k off the price was about $800 per month with no money down.

My other friend with the really nice X5 diesel with multi contour seats and nappa leather is an $80k vehicle.

but the above picture includes packages that are not needed, like lighting package and Ivory white interior package.
He's making it comparable. The RX loaded has triple beam LED lights...so you need the lighting package to make the X5 comparable. The ivory white package is what pays for the nappa leather, which you need for it to be comparable to the semi-aniline leather in the RX.

Its fine to say "you don't need that", but you have to back that stuff off the RX to compare apples to apples too which reduces the RX's price and keeps the same $10-13k difference.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-19-15 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-19-15, 06:23 PM
Martin321
Driver

I would only need a premium package (includes satellite radio), driver assist package (back up cam and blind spot monitoring system and would want an upgraded 19" wheels. I don't think I would need majority of other packages that make the car slow down and accelerate by itself when there is a car in front of me. Seats look nice and comfortable in a regular X5. I still need to sit in RX F sport and some people reported them to be not too comfortable for bigger people. I am 6'4", 220 pounds and the windshield angle is much better in an X5 then RX4 that I sat in. I am still undecided myself as my current Explorer lease ends towards the end of December.
Old 11-19-15, 06:35 PM
Martin321
Driver

I've shopped both cars, helped two people buy and lease X5s in the last year and a half and seriously considered getting one myself.

There is no way around it, the X5 is ~$10k more than the RX similarly equipped. The basic car with dakota leather is not as nice as a luxury package RX inside. Yes it will drive better, its a BMW, but even then you're going to be paying at least $5k more for the X5 and thats for one not as well equipped as the RX.

A $66k MSRP X5 is similar to an RX optioned more like $52-54k. Again...~$10k+ more money.

The even bigger difference is in the lease rates if you're going to lease. The RX is a volume car, and right now they're advertising a $450 lease on the RX. The best lease deal we could swing on that $66k X5 with 0 down, even with ~$5k off the price was about $800 per month with no money down.

My other friend with the really nice X5 diesel with multi contour seats and nappa leather is an $80k vehicle.

He's making it comparable. The RX loaded has triple beam LED lights...so you need the lighting package to make the X5 comparable. The ivory white package is what pays for the nappa leather, which you need for it to be comparable to the semi-aniline leather in the RX.

Its fine to say "you don't need that", but you have to back that stuff off the RX to compare apples to apples too which reduces the RX's price and keeps the same $10-13k difference.
I have been a BMW forum member for years. The Nappa leather is smoother, but it also not as durable as Dekota leather seats. Adding a lightning package for almost 2k? The angle and shape of the headlamps in the same. It might be brighter and better for cornering in country roads, but most forum member's agree that the standard ones are good enough and not worth an extra 2K.
Old 11-19-15, 07:03 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would only need a premium package (includes satellite radio), driver assist package (back up cam and blind spot monitoring system and would want an upgraded 19" wheels. I don't think I would need majority of other packages that make the car slow down and accelerate by itself when there is a car in front of me. Seats look nice and comfortable in a regular X5. I still need to sit in RX F sport and some people reported them to be not too comfortable for bigger people. I am 6'4", 220 pounds and the windshield angle is much better in an X5 then RX4 that I sat in. I am still undecided myself as my current Explorer lease ends towards the end of December.

At 6'4", 220 pounds, I don't think you will like the F Sport seats at all. At least give the luxury seats a try.
Old 11-19-15, 09:08 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
At 6'4", 220 pounds, I don't think you will like the F Sport seats at all. At least give the luxury seats a try.
I am 33, I am very disappointed that the RX F Sport will not support confie for tall and bigger guys. I already mentioned in another thread about RX4 windshield being tilted and limiting the view a bit. It is not my first reply that RX F sport have have even more limited seating space.
Old 11-19-15, 09:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have been a BMW forum member for years. The Nappa leather is smoother, but it also not as durable as Dekota leather seats. Adding a lightning package for almost 2k? The angle and shape of the headlamps in the same. It might be brighter and better for cornering in country roads, but most forum member's agree that the standard ones are good enough and not worth an extra 2K.
The Dakota leather is very rough, IMHO it doesn't even feel like leather. In order to get the multicontour seats which is what started this exchange you have to get the Napa leather.

All of that is fine though, but you have to back those options out of the price of the RX when you compare them...and like I said you will find the X5 at least $10k more. You are comparing an RX loaded up to a sparsely optioned X5 with less equipment and that's not an apples to apples comparison. No LED lighting package on the X5 you price out, no lighting package on the RX either. Get what I'm saying?

Sounds like you want the X5, that's fine I too would prepare the X5, but don't try to tell people they're the same price because they aren't.
Old 11-20-15, 02:43 PM
Martin321
Driver

The Dakota leather is very rough, IMHO it doesn't even feel like leather. In order to get the multicontour seats which is what started this exchange you have to get the Napa leather.

All of that is fine though, but you have to back those options out of the price of the RX when you compare them...and like I said you will find the X5 at least $10k more. You are comparing an RX loaded up to a sparsely optioned X5 with less equipment and that's not an apples to apples comparison. No LED lighting package on the X5 you price out, no lighting package on the RX either. Get what I'm saying?

Sounds like you want the X5, that's fine I too would prepare the X5, but don't try to tell people they're the same price because they aren't.
With all the incentives that BMW currently gives, 9%-10% is what people are getting them for. If they have the car on the lot, you can negotiate additional 1-2K. I bet the deal could be done at around 6-8K off MSRP. Also a 4 year free maintenance could add up to 2K easy. Tri State Lexus here in NY have one owner and one franchise and so far it seems that they will not honor the Costco 1.5K discount on RX4 Sport. I am planning to test drive one tomorrow.
Old 11-20-15, 03:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default Wife's new RX review

In a couple months you'll get 10% off the RX too. You can get 7% off here already.
Old 11-20-15, 04:35 PM
Martin321
Driver

In a couple months you'll get 10% off the RX too. You can get 7% off here already.
Will see. I would certainly like to get 1.5-2K off the MSRP. I am in the market for an F sport one and there are only about 4 available in NY area. I hope people who bought them would list not only the price that they paid but also the dealership.

Quick Reply: Wife's new RX review