RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-16, 07:51 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
A few notes on cameras quality between L and basic versions.

I've been driving a fully loaded 450h L version, with panoramic view monitor for a month now. Today, I had to leave my car at the service for a day (for first month check, as well as installing some extra stuff) and was given a base version of 450h as a temporary ride.

What immediately surprised me was that image quality coming from external cameras (both side-view and parking monitor) is noticeably lower than what I have on my L version. When I park, the image from back monitor is quite blurry and not nearly as crisp and clear as the one I have on my L version. Checked with my wife (just to make sure it's not just me) and she completely agrees as well…

So…*looks like models with panoramic view monitor might have muc better quality cameras. And I mean significantly better. As in great vs wtf-is-this-half-megapixel-camera-crap.
Just something to keep in mind when building/choosing your RX models. At least check and compare before you buy.
You sure that the cameras were clean?
Old 01-20-16, 04:18 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

The cameras on the new RX beat any Lexus cameras I have used in the past. Improved for sure!
The following users liked this post:
DMPesso (05-19-19)
Old 01-20-16, 12:03 PM
Lubber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a small nit pick, I don't like that my overhead-view shows a white RX. Doesn't seem like it would have been that hard for them to make it a similar color to the actual vehicle. I guess I should have went for one of the white colors, lol.
Old 01-20-16, 12:38 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lubber
As a small nit pick, I don't like that my overhead-view shows a white RX. Doesn't seem like it would have been that hard for them to make it a similar color to the actual vehicle. I guess I should have went for one of the white colors, lol.
I am with you on that but I guess that Lexus thought my Caviar Black would not stand out enough so they did it in white!

Enjoy!
Old 01-20-16, 12:50 PM
450h4bvrs
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee

I'm just installing a drive recorder and an anti-radar. These are always useful.

Which drive recorder / camera system did you install? I am looking and reading reviews and it seems nothing is highly recommended? Thank You.
Old 01-20-16, 08:01 PM
cleaveland
Driver School Candidate

You can have the dealer change the color of the car that is displayed on the screen. There are seven different colors.
Old 01-21-16, 10:11 PM
Lubber
Rookie

Originally Posted by cleaveland
You can have the dealer change the color of the car that is displayed on the screen. There are seven different colors.
Nice!!
Old 01-22-16, 08:41 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaveland
This can't be done yourself? Why does a dealer have to do it? Good thing mine will be white.
Old 01-31-16, 05:39 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just picked up my new RX Friday. My salesman was going over some of the tech and when we got to the view monitor he mentioned the color of the car could be changed. He told me to see if I could figure out how to do it before I go back Tuesday for more instruction. Then I read here it must be done by the dealer. Confused.
Old 02-02-16, 12:47 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

When you activate your turn signal, the front swoosh light no longer turns off on the blinking side. This always bugged me so I am glad it is no longer necessary.

I want to get that cool sequential turn signal light that is standard in Japan. Do you need an entire new tail light assembly or is it just software? It looks sick.

Old 02-02-16, 03:00 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

You can thank the USA stone age DOT auto lighting laws for us not having the sequential turn signal lights. :P
Old 02-02-16, 04:17 PM
megamelo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
I suspected that as well. is that normal then? As long as it's not going to explode under the hood I guess we can live with it..
Originally Posted by joe311
I found out what this noise is coming from. It's the ac freon circulation. When you turn off the ac, you can hear it slowly dissipate. When turn the ac back on, it comes back.
i just purchased a F-Sport couple weeks ago, and my car also has this gurgling sound. so this is normal? its livable but if the dealer can get rid of the sound that would be better.
Old 02-02-16, 06:08 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Tire pressure is now by individual tire location. My left rear tire was 2 psi to high (cold tire pressure) so was easy to locate and correct. Also nice to know our 2016's still come with nitrogen air, at least according to the green cap N2 nitrogen valve covers on the tires. My door says psi supposed to be 33 psi cold tire pressure, but seems like dealers usually do 36 psi whether new car delivery, or during service.

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-p1010019.jpg
Old 02-02-16, 06:46 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
I just picked up my new RX Friday. My salesman was going over some of the tech and when we got to the view monitor he mentioned the color of the car could be changed. He told me to see if I could figure out how to do it before I go back Tuesday for more instruction. Then I read here it must be done by the dealer. Confused.
let us know how you did it !!!
Old 02-02-16, 06:58 PM
jackgong
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by megamelo
i just purchased a F-Sport couple weeks ago, and my car also has this gurgling sound. so this is normal? its livable but if the dealer can get rid of the sound that would be better.
I noticed the same noise when I picked up the car and dealer service had a check and told me it is the AC freon circulation and nothing should be concerned about. During most driving it is hard to notice so I can live with it.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)